Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Gibbering Madness posted:

the game chugs like Emma Frost at a bukkake ceremony

this should be in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Is Nightcrawler good again, he was bad when I was playing last time but I was enjoying bamfing around everywhere

I have like 10 characters unlocked and nobody above 15, probably should fix that.

Yes, he's decent. Still squishy as hell but puts out good dps now.

Good Citizen posted:

Haven't played in like 8 months. What's the current flavor-of-the-month most powerful characters?

Rogue, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Rogue, Rogue, Rogue, Scarlet Witch. Maybe Black Cat, Iron Fist, and Daredevil who all have super high dps but aren't hugely popular so maybe not FOTM.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Nechronic posted:

Yo, haven't played in months, didn't read thread. Has Taskmaster gotten a rework recently?

Taskmaster is not bad atm. While his skills didn't change, he did get a flat 15% bonus to damage that no one mentioned for some reason. He has a sub-4-minute ttk which is respectable, not great, not garbage. He does just fine in every part of the game at 60.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Polegrinder posted:

To celebrate Father's Day this year, I (a Father) am going to gift myself the greatest Dad ever -- MR. FANTASTIC!!

Hopefully this makes up for the lack of a father figure growing up :unsmith:

Unlike your real dad, he won't let you down.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Hey, guy who actually likes Invisible Woman (I honestly forget who it is). LukeFonFabre's been doing some great things. All of her spenders are decent and around 3:20 but he just got this 3:01 with Cascading Force of all things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1chIHh3A8A

Build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/44096/

Also, Gaz, please don't remove the cosmic trial. The old days were so bad.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

jubelio posted:

Sorry but officers arent elected. The selection process includes, but is not limited to, notarized participation in a Wawa Hoagiefest approved Hoagie feast, renouncing the evils of the yellowman(and then usually rescinding that renouncement), and dressing up like wolverine and being prominently featured in the OP of this thread.

I remember my inaugural Wawa hoagie. Happy days, good times. :allears:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I need someone to work on ttk-wise but not really sure who needs it anymore. Leaning towards Emma since no one's done her post-nerf. Thinking of Captain Marvel as well since her ttk's were with a half-defensive spec. Oh yeah, better bang out a couple Dr. Strange ttk's real quick to draw out the real Strange ttk'ers.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I did already. Both pulsars and movement.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/42666/
http://marvelheroes.info/build/42617/

Someone later beat the movement time with a 3:10 using my build but better gear rolls/execution of the rotation.

EDIT: Seems they stealth fixed Blade's sig not scaling with ult ranks. Yepso now has him sub-3-minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wK9hhqPfeg

No build yet though.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 18, 2016

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Redheaded was just calling aarontag her ex-boyfriend because he doesn't talk to her anymore. I offered to beat him up for breaking her heart. Then Toni Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart" came up on her Pandora.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You are a good dude.

But you are not on IW's level.

Invisible Woman 2:48 ttk :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f39-6gVPXkU

And she still gets lots of unaware damage that doesn't apply at the training dummy.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 19, 2016

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Another new sub-3 ttk, Rachet Racon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPUnrZdJhFc

Prinn is a madman devoting his entire life to the racon and learning the minutest details about being the absolute best racon you can. Weaving that quickly surprises me. I would've thought it was a dps loss. I think multiple instances of BFG end up ticking on the target. He also ditches Gravity Mine and only uses the Sam Wilson team-up for vulnerability. There's a couple heroes I should try that on.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Could chugging potions until the buff bar overflows hiding temporary buffs be the new starting at 95% dummy health?

He clicks his buff bar to show it's only one page. Prinn talked to me a lot before getting started doing ttk's. He's a good guy and so detail-oriented/finicky/delves so deep into math and getting the rotation perfect/etc. that I doubt he'd murk up his testing through cheating.

Me, I get all my testing done, then I cheat.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Mr. F, Magneto, Taskmaster, Squirrel Girl, Ant-Man are all fine. No problem to level, fine at end-game. Anyone still complaining about them hasn't played them recently or didn't make an effort to figure them out.

War Machine really lacks damage but is fun to play for some reason. Same for Juggernaut (not fun for me to play at all but lots like him).

Hawkeye has decent damage these days but is still so very dull.

Wolverine is just a mess.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Gynovore posted:

Invisimom doesn't have much boss-killing mojo.

Invisible Woman is among the top 5 in terms of dps right now along with lots of survivability. She's almost god tier.

Cage's Cage Was Here one-shots the entire screen. How does he not have trash-clear?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Gynovore posted:

It takes 1.2 seconds to charge up and it's interruptible.

So tap it once or twice when levelling instead of fully charging it.

Holyshoot posted:

Isn't Loz playing all these dudes with top tier gear and rolls that most people will never see? So wouldn't that skew his analysis a bit? Or is gear not as big of a "NOW THIS HERO IS A GOD" in this game?

I don't have amazing rolls on anything but Vision's slot 4 (which isn't used in ranged spec) and Human Torch's insignia. Those two are just ridiculous. Also with it raining gear I'm working on getting all 20 rank 20 ults fully geared at the same time so I can stop unbinding stuff all the time. So that doesn't leave much ... wait ... 20 rank 20 ults ... ... Well, there's what makes most of those heroes a great experience for me. But, then again, if they weren't fun I wouldn't have maxed the ult in the first place.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 22, 2016

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Well because he's not fantastic in the end game and I'd hate for a new player to spend a large amount of time leveling him only to find out they can't even pass the cosmic trial.

He's pure melee, but 90% of his defenses are tied up in short invul procs on huge cooldowns and a massive amount of regen.... tied to a basic punch you will never use.

On top of that his damage is not stellar.

Doom/Deadpool/Surfer blow him away in both leveling ease and endgame viability with and without gear. Juggs/Vision to a lesser extent, but still.

I don't find Hulk to be squishy, especially compared to most melee heroes. I've run him through a lot of CDR and I really like him. I had no problem doing a tt66 on him either, spending almost 5 minutes soaking up that damage. But that's all with a Shield equipped of course.

Since the quickie damage buff he got a couple patches back, he's at a 3:44 ttk. Not the greatest around but still pretty dang good and acceptable.

He was really enjoyable for me to level even before the damage buff. I didn't even use Tremor Fist, I just Avalanche Leaped everywhere for AoE. Clap to the face is all it took to take down bosses.

Those complaining about heroes having spirit issues at low levels: do you still not have a lvl 1 artifact with an Odin blessing on it? Hell, I have 15,000 Odin marks and a full visuals stash tab. I'll give one away to anyone that needs one. And if you're prestiging are you not using an m'kraan legendary?

ChaosReaper posted:

So are there any team up heroes that are just way better than the rest? I have Domino, Iron Man Mark 2, and the Shield one. I see Clea get mentioned a lot but are there any others worth having?

Agent Coulson, Sam Wilson, Wasp, Wolverine

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you want to be a real man and think outside yourself, I recommend buying one as a gift and saving it for newbies in the future.

Seriously, that's incredibly helpful for the future goons who will play and makes a great gift that only cost you just slightly more than a loving Burger King 10 piece nugget.

So you're telling me that's one less Burger King 10-piece nuggets for me? Gonna have to pass.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Hy_C posted:

So which of these 80 legendaries should I be holding on to? Or can I not scrap them for Odin marks?

Casket, Norn Stones, Excalibur, and Ultimate Nullifer are all the completely useless ones to scrap.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Cosmic Control Rod (probably? the Energy one) is cool for weird-build characters like Nova who deal a single type of damage but not a single range of damage.

Also god drat it when are they adding a Movement legendary already, just call that poo poo Sandals of Hermes and reskin the Savage Axe.

It's used on Silver Surfer, Human Torch, Iceman, and ranged Vision too.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 24, 2016

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Looking like ranged Deadpool is the way to go for the Cable DR scenario.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I put up my ranged Deadpool build that got me 2:06 in cosmic and 1:19 in epic, 2nd and 4th place: http://marvelheroes.info/build/44717/

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

spazzhole posted:

Red 60, but I whaled her to Yellow 60 in a few hours this morning. I have all the yellowmans now. ICR, give me my badge

:patriot: I love you

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Almost time to make a credit chest. Gotta keep at least one.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Someone come play Orcs Must Die: Unchained with me until the grind is overwhelming (so, like, one or two play sessions tops). It's gotten a lot better in open beta than it was when I first played it in closed beta but still massive griiiiind to unlock and upgrade traps. Actually feels like an Orcs Must Die game now. I only play survival though, not the pvp/dota siege mode.

Marvel Heroes is a good game still. Just can't find a reason to keep playing/gearing up at 60 without fun challenging content - especially group content - or pvp to use that gear within. X-defense was so close to a great mode to play. It could've been all I needed if they hadn't forgotten about it. So great to get a killer team together for it, dominate the early waves, pull out all the tricks you can think of and coordinate in the later waves and finally fall to attrition. That time we got to wave 73 without cheating, classic; what a feeling. Have it reward merits like CDR to spend at a vendor with unique loot/boss loot boxes/etc., fix the borked wave scaling in the lvl 60 version, give it a leaderboard for waves completed, and add a couple more interesting waves and it'd be fire and a big reason to have a well-geared hero. Ultron mode would be great too if stage 1 wasn't so abysmally boring and about 5 times longer than it needs to be with stuff spread out way too much and respawning way too slow. Cosmic Danger Room is fun but not group-friendly and all the rewards cost way too many merits or each run grants too few merits. Hell, I'd be happy with it if I was in each scenario about 3 times longer for 3x the merits. I don't like having to chain run so many scenarios.

Anyway, come be disappointed in OMD:U with me for a little while and temporarily forget your MH disappointment.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 9, 2016

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

The first time I quit MH, I crushed/absolutely embarrassed all of ICR's high scores in OMD1 & 2 ('cept for 1 map, argh, how did you get that score). ICR come play OMD:U with me since you're at least familiar with the franchise.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I haven't played the moba-like Siege mode. I stick to Survival mode which is the same classic Orcs Must Die gameplay. It can be played co-op by up to 3 people now (used to be 5 but they scaled it back to 3). I'm enjoying it a lot but there aren't many maps yet and the grind for crafting materials is insane. After 2 weeks I finally hit account level 30 today to unlock all traps/guardians/traits/equipment and there's still a looooooong ways to go to fully upgrade even 1 trap, much less all of them. I'll probably be burnt out on the limited number of maps before then. But right now I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's more challenging than the first 2 games since it's being designed for multiplayer but there's still plenty you can solo. It's in open beta right now but is pretty feature complete and polished with few bugs (except for being able to block the spawns on The Wall map so the mobs just disappear, easiest 5-star ever), f2p, cash shop. No need to buy heroes since there's 5 guest heroes to choose from each week and heroes can be purchased with a currency you earn anyway. I played the crap out of OMD2 with my twin brother and it was fantastic playing multiplayer. Haven't gotten him to take a break from Mechwarrior Online to try OMD:U yet but he will. ICR's the only other person I know that played the first two. It does have a matchmaker to play with random pubbies though that usually takes 3-5 minutes to dump you in a game and a lot of the time makes you go solo. Always been fun when I've gotten in a game with 1 or 2 others. Crap, I'm rambling.

I keep thinking about starting a thread for the game since I haven't seen one. Being the OP is so much responsibility though.

Another edit: The game was pretty bad in closed beta. Didn't look or feel like Orcs Must Die at all and was even more of a hellish grind. I stopped playing it for months after only giving it a few days. Came back to it 2 weeks ago and it has improved immensely on all levels.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 14, 2016

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

How many cosmics does your twin have?

Zero. He was in the sg for awhile but ended up hating the game. He tried to get me to play Grim Dawn with him and even gifted it to me. I hated that game.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

That's okay, nobody has ever seen that skill.

I used it when leveling Mr. F. Loved it. When I was doing ttk's on him awhile back it was only a little behind Stretch Punch.

After watching AMC's Preacher I wonder when Hawkeye will get an ability to shoot his target's dick off.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I can't wait to do as well as my old High School team - 1 and 8 all three years I got to play. We could only beat Lake Michigan Catholic. But, by gum, we gave those little choirboys a solid drubbing every year!

Edit: degs can be my choirboy in the league

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Calvin Johnson first draft pick, aaahahahahaha

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Tunklord Supreme posted:

i didn't know any better!

oh god what have i done

It's all right though. While none of them are retired players I somehow picked 3 kickers, 2 players out with injuries, and a suspended player.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I wonder if the items update will make itemization interesting. Swapping to this skill system with MH's current dull-as-poo poo gear seems pretty bad. Right now the sole thing interesting about gearing is maxing out your powers while still getting good offensive stats. That's completely going away and I wonder what can replace it. Hyped for Loki and Torch updates though.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 16, 2016

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

A parting gift for you all in case the coming update doesn't bring me or enough of anyone back. Behold the gut that spawned the legend: http://imgur.com/4GyTTGM

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Grinning Goblin posted:

I thought Russians were good at math though.

Russians are technically Asians. Seems legit.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Only check thread for the hottest raps anymore. Did not leave disappointed. May we never RIP Snorrence.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Logged in for about half an hour. Did the mindless ones event in cosmic midtown 5 times and got 5 sling rings and 4 books of demonicus and 1 wand thingy. But I wasn't getting credit for closing portals for the midtown shared quest.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

The cosmic version of the event terminal really rains loot. Each time I go through it's a full inventory of uniques, insignias, event artifacts, and cores, ignoring everything else even.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Hell no. I whale on Pokemon Go now and OMD:U when its next update hits. The past couple days are the first time I've played MH in months.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Come on, we all know Redheaded is the only one of us in the league who cleans house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

If they ever fixed Ghost Rider's ability to automatically drop to half health, this would be great on him. They won't though.

GR's mainly mental damage though. Could see myself using it on Deadpool for high incoming damage content.

• Locked thread