Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

I figured PI was the best place for this. I've had my motorcycle sitting for a while, and I'm preparing to sell it. As I took the seat off and looked into the battery compartment, I noticed it was filled with twigs and leaves. I peeled back a few of them and saw a bunch of little pink babies, which I'm going to assume are baby squirrels. I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do, because I have to sell my motorcycle within the next couple of months (at the absolute latest), but I don't want to harm these little critters if I can help it. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can/should do? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'd gently caress around with the nest a lot and leave the compartment open. More than likely the squirrel will move her kits off to another spot. They tend to have more than one nest, or at least the subspecies I'm used to do.

E: by gently caress around I mean I'd put my scent along one wall of the compartment, maybe touch the nest a little but not the kits.

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

I actually just saw the mom. It's a chipmunk nest, not a squirrel nest. Does that change anything?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Grimes posted:

I actually just saw the mom. It's a chipmunk nest, not a squirrel nest. Does that change anything?

bleh I don't know chipmunks. sorry.

• Locked thread