Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Think about it. Once we outlaw guns, people will just use blades. There is no good use for a sword. An axe could be used to chop wood. A knife could be used for many things, from food preparation to shaving. But, here is the thing, there is no reason for anyone to own a sword, let alone be able to order one from anywhere online (i.e. amazon.com) or at a local store.

The reality is that swords have no purpose beyond harming another individual. Why do we allow such things to exist, to be made, sold, traded, legally, in our world? This is a serious problem we need to address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think it's to ban you!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Get the clamps. :catbert:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

I think it's to ban you!

I understand your frustration, but please, focus your patriotism and machismo towards something useful, like eliminating weapons from the hands of dangerous people.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Gas Op, ban thread

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
can i keep my tactical knife ?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

satanic splash-back posted:

Think about it. Once we outlaw guns, people will just use blades. There is no good use for a sword. An axe could be used to chop wood. A knife could be used for many things, from food preparation to shaving. But, here is the thing, there is no reason for anyone to own a sword, let alone be able to order one from anywhere online (i.e. amazon.com) or at a local store.

The reality is that swords have no purpose beyond harming another individual. Why do we allow such things to exist, to be made, sold, traded, legally, in our world? This is a serious problem we need to address.

It's tempting to agree with you, but you forget that only the purest of heart and those with the true soul of a samurai have it within them to master the blade.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

thathonkey posted:

can i keep my tactical knife ?

that depends on if its used for tactically killing people or tactically cutting peppers into stir-fry-sized slices.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

reallivedinosaur posted:

It's tempting to agree with you, but you forget that only the purest of heart and those with the true soul of a samurai have it within them to master the blade.

A master of the blade is not a threat to the average person. We are worried about bad guys with swords, not Honorable Men.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's gonna be poo poo for the shield industry. Oh look I can sorta snowboard with this piece of poo poo. :jerkbag:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
sword would be just fine to have aroudn if people had poise like in dark soils one, two, and not three

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Keep the government out of my sword chamber / bedroom

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

satanic splash-back posted:

that depends on if its used for tactically killing people or tactically cutting peppers into stir-fry-sized slices.

Some guy gave me this ridiculous quarter inch thick fixed blade dudestabber some years ago, and it makes for a pretty good trowel and occasional emergency tent stake. I have no idea why he had it and I'm glad he doesn't any more

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can have my hanzo steel when you pry it from my cold, lifeless, Cheeto dust covered fingers

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
banning the s words is a dangerous assault on free speech

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i always thought it was a ban hammer nyuk nyuk nyuk

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

marauderthirty posted:

You can have my hanzo steel when you pry it from my cold, lifeless, Cheeto dust covered fingers

I'll just grab it when you keel over from exhaustion after you run halfway across the room to attack me.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Wanna c uck someones wife in my bed/sword chamber while dual wielding (to symbolize my 1v2 nature)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
sorry op, but this obviously silly parody thread is sadly real in the UK

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm not sure how to decide what is considered a sword and what is an extremely long dagger. Maybe we'll set up a committee.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Mange Mite posted:

sorry op, but this obviously silly parody thread is sadly real in the UK

As someone who cooks, lol.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tiberius Thyben posted:

This is the 21st century. Nobody really needs to cook anymore

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiberius Thyben posted:

yeh i know that pizza must be huge

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I agree. Swords are fuckin' dangerous. They will cut your fuckin' throat wide open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

This is the 21st century. Nobody really needs to cook anymore

Dude, no

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Also ban all words that begin with the letter "S". S-words, if you please.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Roger Craig posted:

Also ban all words that begin with the letter "S". S-words, if you please.

Uck my dick hithead

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Nooo... how

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax
B-but that means there will be no more deep-throating.

Years of trial and error, mess and mistakes, to dull one's gag reflex into non-existence. And now, NOW, you want to ban swords, killing off the fine art of deep-throating?

I think that may be a far too hefty price to pay for a few paper-cuts here and there!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

B-but that means there will be no more deep-throating.

Years of trial and error, mess and mistakes, to dull one's gag reflex into non-existence. And now, NOW, you want to ban swords, killing off the fine art of deep-throating?

I think that may be a far too hefty price to pay for a few paper-cuts here and there!

Reminds me of my ex wife heyooooooo

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Reminds me of my ex wife heyooooooo

Reminds me of your ex-wife too

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

The Rage posted:

What the heck!!!!?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Rage posted:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Same.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

<-----

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
only fat dudes own swords. unless they take you by surprise it isn't hard to escape from a wheezing sack of lard (such as the op's mom) without a gun.

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
Keep swords, just make sharpening stones really expensive.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
When I was in high school I knew a kid that had a few swords, but took actual proper training for them or something. He wasn't the kind of weirdo you'd normally expect to own them. But I also have no idea what else you'd even do with swords besides be fat and weird. Which he somehow wasn't. :iiam:

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Hrist posted:

When I was in high school I knew a kid that had a few swords, but took actual proper training for them or something. He wasn't the kind of weirdo you'd normally expect to own them. But I also have no idea what else you'd even do with swords besides be fat and weird. Which he somehow wasn't. :iiam:

i used to fence growing up it was pretty cool. gently caress paying for all that equipment with my own money though, drat (i dont actually own any swords, despite my av)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
your mom disagrees OP

• Locked thread