Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

seems like capitalism and stimulants and drug addiction is the cause of this, not the guns after all

i'll keep reporting on the subject, extra stout signing off, may god be with you and belss you are gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

That seems like a pretty bad opinion to have friendo.

I don't see a compelling reason to live elsewhere. High standard of living and cheap goods, what else can you need?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

City of Tampa posted:

The 2nd amendment provides a right to firearms, so if you can't afford one the government should provide it to you for free.

I agree with this, and I disagree with guaranteed minimum income, let quickdraw skill sort them out

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
The USA is still probably one of the better places to live in the world all things considered.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I propose we make guns and weed mandatory. Everyone armed and blazed lmao

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Tomtom posted:

I propose we make guns and weed mandatory. Everyone armed and blazed lmao

So basically you want everyone to be a rapper.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

cis heteronormative male posted:

The USA is still probably one of the better places to live in the world all things considered.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Oh yeah sure only for CIS heteronormative males :rolleyes: Because lord knows it is waaay better for gay black women in China.

The USA has a bunch of bad things going on but all things considered, it really is one of the better places in the world to live. If you disagree you simply haven't done much traveling imo. Even Europe is not as rosy as the liberals like to paint it.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
I like California, for all it's downsides, I've been to Canada, mexico, England, Scotland, and a short time in a few other places, can say for sure, no where has been as nice to stay for really long periods.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What America should do is create a lot of buzzwords like DAESH and white guilt phrases like "we are to blame for this massacre not Islamic terrorism" that way we can continue to pretend the problem doesn't exist and hope it goes away on its own

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Daesh is a Muslim word, it's the term most non-English speakers use to refer to ISIS.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i wish i had some bear arms

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Roylicious posted:

Oh yeah sure only for CIS heteronormative males :rolleyes: Because lord knows it is waaay better for gay black women in China.

The USA has a bunch of bad things going on but all things considered, it really is one of the better places in the world to live. If you disagree you simply haven't done much traveling imo. Even Europe is not as rosy as the liberals like to paint it.

So, because the US is not China level bad, we should probably not do anything that would save thousands of lives annually from violence and suicide risk.

RaDaMaNt
Apr 24, 2012
Solution is to have more guns, for sure. Then the shooters will be afraid that they will get shot themselves

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Oscar Wild posted:

So, because the US is not China level bad, we should probably not do anything that would save thousands of lives annually from violence and suicide risk.

Legalize drugs and you'll save a hell of a lot more than that.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

City of Tampa posted:

The 2nd amendment provides a right to firearms, so if you can't afford one the government should provide it to you for free.

Gunstamps and ammostamps would be a good idea but I'd like it more as a 50% discount on milsurp if possible.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

RaDaMaNt posted:

Solution is to have more guns, for sure. Then the shooters will be afraid that they will get shot themselves

This but unironically

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

I can't sleep. Can anyone help me? I'm g.ay, I'm sad, I"m vengeful, mornful.... I don't even live in a country within 10 hour flight from USA but this is....... effecting me, life sucks because of this sad thing, can anyone help me? Tears are covering my face :(

edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCIK YU SOMEHTINGAWFUL LANGUAGE FILTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! insensitive, for real gently caress that filter

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

milkingmycow posted:

Gunstamps and ammostamps would be a good idea but I'd like it more as a 50% discount on milsurp if possible.

If we keep these jobs in the US it will usher in a golden age of American life. Who am I kidding, it'll be outsourced to Bangladesh

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Danzel Glovington posted:

I can't sleep. Can anyone help me? I'm g.ay, I'm sad, I"m vengeful, mornful.... I don't even live in a country within 10 hour flight from USA but this is....... effecting me, life sucks because of this sad thing, can anyone help me? Tears are covering my face :(

edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCIK YU SOMEHTINGAWFUL LANGUAGE FILTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! insensitive, for real gently caress that filter

there there

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Oscar Wild posted:

If we keep these jobs in the US it will usher in a golden age of American life. Who am I kidding, it'll be outsourced to Bangladesh

Nah, firearms purchased in the U.S. are overwhelmingly manufactured here because import restrictions are perceived as being in the interest of both protectionists and gun control advocates

On the other hand we've pretty demonstrably got enough capacity to meet demand and giving everyone coupons to buy a firearm would be an economically inefficient subsidy to an industry that doesn't need it- the better solution is clearly an automatic cash transfer to every citizen that can be used to buy a firearm and stock of ammunition, but can also be used for anything else a citizen would want

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Oscar Wild posted:

No, I dunno how you got that from what I'm saying. All I am saying is: all things considered the USA is one of the nicer places to live in the world.

Obviously we can always improve things.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

notZaar posted:

I don't see a compelling reason to live elsewhere. High standard of living and cheap goods, what else can you need?

The US isn't bad, all things considered. It's pretty hosed up that having a medical crisis is going to bankrupt you and ruin the lives of you and probably your family forever though.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Bunch of privileged westerners: living in the USA is a nightmare!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Roylicious posted:

No, I dunno how you got that from what I'm saying. All I am saying is: all things considered the USA is one of the nicer places to live in the world.

Obviously we can always improve things.

I think people get confused when you say the US is good and think you mean it's a utopia or something

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Ahundredbux posted:

I think people get confused when you say the US is good and think you mean it's a utopia or something

I just mean in this poo poo world, the USA is one of the less lovely places you could be. Obviously things suck for a lot of people here but at the same time you could be having oil waste dumped all over your ancestral farm land just like everyone else in your community thus destroying your livelihood and poisoning your family because global capital demands cheap oil.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Roylicious posted:

I just mean in this poo poo world, the USA is one of the less lovely places you could be. Obviously things suck for a lot of people here but at the same time you could be having oil waste dumped all over your ancestral farm land just like everyone else in your community thus destroying your livelihood and poisoning your family because global capital demands cheap oil.

It's kind of a pointless argument though. You could tell all but literally one person in the entire world that things could be worse.

I mean, I don't care, you can do whatever you want, but I don't really follow that line of reasoning.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

OctoberBlues posted:

It's kind of a pointless argument though. You could tell all but literally one person in the entire world that things could be worse.

I mean, I don't care, you can do whatever you want, but I don't really follow that line of reasoning.

It's not pointless. It's meant to inspire a little bit of sunshine on days when you are feeling lovely. Like, dang my rent is late and they towed my car.... but at least I'm not being massacred by warlords.

Or, dang, I'm super sad that bunch of fellow citizens were just murdered for no good reason... but at least I don't live in the Congo where they routinely murder political opponents as a matter of course and thousands lose their lives.

Or, dang, I owe the hospital $2k and I can't afford that poo poo... but at least I didn't bleed out or die of sepsis because there was still a functioning hospital around.

Getting some perspective can be good. Notice I'm not saying your problems don't matter because other people have it worse, either.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 13, 2016

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Roylicious posted:

where i live is one of the best places to live, because other places are probably worse

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Professor Tomtom posted:

I think we should make owning and carrying a firearm at all times mandatory. It should be illegal to be unarmed. Every man, woman, and child should have a gun. Also everyone gets one free shooting per year (provided no one is killed). Discuss.

I believe it was the great philosopher Zac Parsons who said "we won't be safe until we become guns"

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

RaDaMaNt posted:

Yeah totally guys that want to die as a martyr are so afraid of dying.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

RaDaMaNt posted:

i think this is how texas works

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't think you follow reasoning of any type. Where is better to live than the US?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

notZaar posted:

Daesh is a Muslim word, it's the term most non-English speakers use to refer to ISIS.

its more complicated than that:
https://www.freewordcentre.com/explore/daesh-isis-media-alice-guthrie

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cartouche posted:

I don't think you follow reasoning of any type. Where is better to live than the US?

:smugdon:

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Cartouche posted:

there there

omg thank you so goddamn fcking much I love wow, those words meant so much

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
We should ban all guns and instantly kill anyone carrying and/or owning a gun.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Cartouche posted:

Hell

lifenomad
May 8, 2009

FlimFlam Imam posted:

We should ban all guns and instantly kill anyone carrying and/or owning a gun.

Kill them with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Cartouche posted:

Literally anywhere, OP.

• Locked thread