Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've had one of the worst two week spans I can ever remember. I however am holding out hope that MITB will be good. I'm really starting to think Dean will win and cash in on Roman, though I am curious, if he cashes in on Seth as the ultimate gently caress you, does that get a face pop? Almost certainly, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man you guys suck I just got done saying I'm having a rough go of things, I need some hope.

Dicks. :smith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've told y'all before and I'll tell you again. I will never not believe in Dean Ambrose's chance to be a world champion, to say nothing of specific booking. I won't waver. :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

I'm still getting used to the WWE's booking idiosyncrasies, so does the fact that Dean's been booked pretty strong since Mania and especially since Extreme Rules mean he's definitely not winning MitB or what?

The thing that makes me think he might be winning is the level of emphasis on The Shield in the build.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If they going this route it'd be nice if Dean stopped trying to be a comedian

i mean he's better at it than ziggler but is that really saying much

I think I might be one of the only people here who doesn't hate Dean's current thing. Do I wish he was more serious more often? Yes, but what he does is also over and I get what they're going for (he acts all wacky and disarming but the truth is he's a scary lunatic). It's not great, they could be doing it better, but I see what they're trying to do and it's far from the worst idea.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

Roman is night and day better than Dean

I dearly love all three Shield bros even though I think current Roman should be booed. That said his matches are fully sick and almost always a good time.

Come at me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Also, that is probably the hottest that I have ever seen Renee.

Y'know I thought you were crazy but uh....:stare:

...we're weird man. I don't know how to feel about this. Also that video was one of the more bizarrely heartwarming things I think I've ever seen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The viewership numbers for MITB mean literally less than TNA's +3s and +7s. If we were in a non-Network era, sure. But now? What's it matter?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm the only one who doesn't like the Fire Pro games. Can't stand the perspective.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Much like with the WWE product proper, I honestly believe the games aren't great or revolutionary or anything, but they're fun if you don't think too much about it and just wanna play some rasslin', and I think people engage in a lot of hyperbole with regards to how bad the games are.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Gets up and superman punches him as he comes down

That would legitimately own actually.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah it's almost like Cena is really really good and Roman is a worthless trash pile or something.

They're both really good actually even if they're both written like dogshit.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

Yeah I don't know how anyone can complain about the BIG DOG getting beat up all match then winning with a finisher when that's been Cena's MO for like a decade

It's because

Raskolnikov38 posted:

one of them has the charisma to overcome the writing however

is 100% truth.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

its the standard babyface formula wrestling has been using for decades

That too. Really 2016 Roman is a terrible top babyface because of his skillset and quite possibly IRL personality. Terrible top babyface=/=bad wrestler.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Korelle posted:

And that's what makes Cena so special, he's a one in a million guy who has the charisma to pull off the "Generic WWE top babyface" formula in a way that nobody since Hogan has been to manage.

Unfortunately Vince McMahon hasn't yet realized how spoiled he's been by having Cena around and thinks he can pull the same stunt with Roman, and now house shows are tanking, whoops!

The really funny thing is, in terms of most metrics, Ambrose is closer to Cena than Roman is when given the opportunity to be. Dean's chances to e a serious top babyface contender have been awesome in terms of both hype and match quality. Admittedly he was working with Seth and Trips but anybody who says those programs weren't loving fire is lying. You can talk about Ambrose's offense being poo poo but when he works a top match it's almost always great. The lone exception is Brock but that's because 2016 Brock matches suck, as I have discussed.

The difference is media stuff which sadly is Vince's #1 metric.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Dean will never learn Mandarin

Nope! Punk wouldn't have either, probably not Bryan, and probably not Roman. As I believe you said, John really is a wonderful, magical creature who has spoiled Vince McMahon.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

Hell Roman/Seth should be good too until the finish

The whole show will kick rear end until the likely results.

Aka WWE.txt

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave expects a surprise

Get ready for the first time ever a champ has won his world title defense, gotten cashed in on, and won that too in the same night

B.I.G. Dog

There's nothing surprising about that, though?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

If the Cavs, Jon Snow, and Jon cena all die on the same night, I will be Irked

2 spears? Now that's a PPV. I don't know how Vince could contain all the money made from that though.

You're a Cavs and Jon Snow mark?

We're not so different, you and I. :unsmith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > Rowdy Ringsports > WWE Discussion is Holding Foochs's Dick

I would love this but I know certain people would take issue, and that's fine. In all seriousness, this is a seriouspost, not a gloat post, promise.

When The Shield broke up and Dean gave that promo about rearranging Seth's face, I got chills. It was amazing. The funny thing is I MET Dean and Seth. Great guys. And when Seth won the title I thought "Holy poo poo there's a picture of me with the world heavyweight goddamn champion." And I still believed in Dean. Talent always wins out, I said to myself. It's obvious WWE likes him, I told myself. So many times in my life, SO MANY, my belief bites me in the rear end. It makes me look like a fool. Silly Foochs, the machine's too strong. Just enjoy what you can get. But for some reason, this is the one thing in my life I held onto with no hesitation. No doubt. Even when it seemed impossible, even when WWE made Dean look like a joke, and made me feel like a joke, I said it'd be okay in the end.

This one time, guys, I was right. All three of my dudes in The Shield were top champ in one night. Even Dean "Always The Bridesmaid" Ambrose. This is going to sound loving stupid to the majority of you, but I was INVESTED in Dean Ambrose because no one believed he could win, just like in my life outside of wrestling I have people tell me to lower my expectations, that I hope for too much, that the world will beat me down.

Nah. Dean Ambrose is WWE Champion, and suddenly I feel like anything is possible. Thank you all for putting up with me, and for this one night, god bless pro wrestling, and god bless Dean loving Ambrose.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

It's still real to you, dammit. :patriot:

In this case? Yes, and no shame.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dean's cash-in was the tiniest bit heelish by classic standards but when you take into account:

-The crowd loves Dean
-He warned them both he'd do it
-He earned the case clean
-Seth has been a thorn in Dean's side kayfabe for years, INCLUDING costing him the MITB Seth eventually won the title with AND loving Dean out of the title at EC 2015 through heel bullshit, not to mention their blood feud in general on top of that just on principle
-Seth has been a massive dick to everyone except HHH since stabbing his brothers in the back, including the crowd who tried to give him a hero's welcome and he snubbed his nose at it

Short of announcing in advance and winning or cashing in at the start of the match, that was the most face cash-in possible, and it got a massive face pop.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Did the PPV (and the overrun) build a case for and against the brand split for you? How do you feel about the card depth tonight?

I still hate the idea. I think WWE has the resources to do it, but not the booking.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just rewatched it and there was nothing I'd consider a full Jesus Pop but there were about five instances of like, .8 Jesus Pops. It was loving great.

Also credit to Cole, he called it perfectly because he drove home over and over that Dean doing this to Seth was payback that Dean deserved.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

awww he gave a shout out to foochs, how nice

Well I DID do the Shield pose with him once. :unsmith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I like you Foochs and I like that Ambrose got the belt.

:hfive:

Honest to God, short of Dean beating Brock at Mania as well I can't think of a way I'd prefer Dean to win the belt given the build we got. He did it on a night that was basically "The Shield Owns feat. John Cena and AJ Styles" and he finally won it getting revenge on Seth. Dean got revenge on Seth, not Roman. Seth was a 2 time champ who never lost it, not even to The Big Dog, until Dean came along and gave Seth a taste of his own medicine to unbelievable jubilation.

It might be late, the iron might not be its hottest, but if you try to tell me it wasn't an awesome moment, check your pulse. Soon as my next paycheck comes in, I'mma buy me an Ambrose hoodie (believe it or not I don't own one).

One Dirty Deeds Is All It Takes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ThePutty posted:

lol at you thinking WWE is actually gonna be good and not have dean lose every match he's in from now on

First off this won't happen, despite "Dean always loses" being a meme it's not factually accurate (especially lately), secondly, let me make this explicitly clear. I don't give a gently caress. I wanted to see Dean get a triumphant moment, a coronation as the top champ, ideally as a face. I got both of those. I'm good, even if Dean promptly loses the title (for the record I believe he'll hold it until at least the next PPV/whenever they do the inevitable triple threat). We'll always have Vegas.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

would they have sent Dean out to cash in if cleveland didn't win the nba championship minutes earlier? the truth is, we'll never know, but if you think they would have then you don't even know much about life the way I do

The beauty is we never have to know :unsmith:

LeBron James owns, gently caress Dubs, gently caress Draymond Green, god bless Dean Ambrose.

By the way, I checked for fun and I love people acting like Dean is some jobber when, within the last year:

-Almost won the title at Payback '15 in a Fatal Four Way, stopped by a pin breakup by a man not in the match
-Almost won the title at Elimination Chamber, got Dusty'd
-Went toe to toe with Seth at MITB '15; the entire ending sequence made it clear he was RIGHT there
-Was the runner up in the title tourney at Survivor Series
-Was the last man in the Rumble with HHH
-Almost won the title at Roadblock

Six times in approximately the last year that Dean sniffed the WHC (before finally winning it tonight), but all anyone remembers is the Wyatt feud which was before all this.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

Please don't talk about the Finals in this thread, at least let me have a couple days before I have to read a bunch of people gloating in SAS

Sorry buddy, may you find peace in this time of grief.

ijii posted:

I'm actually really surprised about this outcome. So I guess the question is now, how long until we see the stupid triple threat match, and how long will Seth, Dean, and Roman be hot shotting the title to each other.

I'm thinking maybe Shield Triple Threat for one title at Summerslam and Cena/Styles for the other, but I could be impossibly wrong.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Kevin Owens

:agreed:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fariz posted:

The shield has 6 wwe whc reigns since wm30

As it should be. They might be 3 of the 5 best young talents in the company (Dean is oldest and he's 30).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I'm taking back everything nice I've ever said to you

Sorry, my hatred of Draymond Green runs deep. Take Dray out, I have no beef with Dubs really.

Also The Shield owns.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbyn posted:

Wasn't "Ambrose is bad" the prevailing opinion during his feud with Jericho anyway?

Yes and it's really loving irritating.

I'll agree Seth is better in ring though.

The_Rob posted:

Dean is actually really good at wrestling. He just isn't that good at being a WWE style face in ring wise. He has never been a wrestler known for spots, and WWE requires him to have his face spots. His story telling and psychology is to notch.

Yeah this.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tomahawk posted:

Dean is good and Seth is better. A feud between them sounds much better than either of them feuding with Roman.

Agreed. Every single match between Ambrose and Rollins has been loving FIRE. The two have amazing chemistry.

Seth being better does not make Dean a bad wrestler though. Ambrose, Rollins, and yes, Reigns, are all incredible talents who should be top guys, their skill sets are just different.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 20, 2016

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

I think the gap between Dean and Seth on the mic is smaller than the gap between Seth and Dean in the ring but Dean is still awesome.

I'll give you that but it's kinda like comparing HHH, Foley, and Austin in like, 1999-2000. You can absolutely argue a hierarchy but what's the point when they're all really loving good, Roman is just miscast.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think Dean's offense is okay in theory, he just needs to work it a little more snug IMO.

I think Dirty Deeds is the best finisher of the three.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I mean, everyone offense is ok in theory

I think all their finishers are not great, but I think the spear is the best of them. Bring back the curbstomp and the headlock driver and we'll talk

also congrats on your dude winning. perhaps when dana brooke takes her rightful place as womens champion I will feel just as good.

I love Big Momma Pump so I will join you on this quest, perhaps my good mojo will carry over. :)

Also much like the men themselves there are legit arguments for the finishers but they're all cool and good so who gives a gently caress really? But bring back the curb stomp though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Paulocaust posted:

I haven't seen Dean vs HHH but I feel 100% confident saying it's not better than Bryan vs HHH

It was very close.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

I just realized that not only have all 3 of The Shield members been WWE Champion, but they all won the title from a former stable-bro.

Seth pinned Roman for his first title, Roman pinned Dean for his first and Dean pinned Seth for his first. :3:

This is so loving cool. I was just telling my friend who's not really a fan but likes to be approximately kept up on cool poo poo that The Shield and its former members are WWE's best booked continued saga in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploding mummy posted:

All 3 members of the Shield were champions on the same night and in the span of less than 3 minutes

Exactly, it loving owns.

• Locked thread