Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Double posting but we need to get those last minute orders in pronto. We are short orders for about half the players and we especially need orders for our panther.

Link to order sheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M6_9XqJynAJnVqTv3cnpCgHlGcEgUdQwG-kUsXxM4Gg/edit#gid=0

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

2nd HQ: No orders.
2/3 A/B: No orders.

2nd Panzerschreck & Granatgewehr Teams: RIP real hard.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

1 Platoon 1st Squad

Pop smoke if any left on current position, Slow to D 11

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

CHF needs someone to take over permanently I think for 3/1. I'm happy to take over and I did orders last turn but ill be at work till after the deadline.

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003

Saros posted:

CHF needs someone to take over permanently I think for 3/1. I'm happy to take over and I did orders last turn but ill be at work till after the deadline.

I'll take over for this turn at least. Since CHF went AWOL, he just volunteered what little remains of 1st squad to be the first to move on the center objective.

3rd Platoon, 1st Squad: QUICK to the spot of woods in N9, FACE SSE towards center objective, open fire on anything that moves as well as things that don't.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Let 3/3/A do the initial move, I've positioned them so they can move up a woods line the whole way and the squad mg is safely in 3/3/B to provide cover fire.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Company HQ

QUICK to EE10, face south.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Company Command HQ

Company Command Squad
Under the Command of Flippy

Company HMG
Continue previous area fire orders.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Western Panther/Klaus88

Unbutton

:siren:Reverse Straight Backwards to the nothern side of the treeline where he was before:siren:

Face N23/where the sherman is shooting from

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003

Saros posted:

Let 3/3/A do the initial move, I've positioned them so they can move up a woods line the whole way and the squad mg is safely in 3/3/B to provide cover fire.

I'd rather not expose a relatively fresh squad/team to fire from any unknown sources. According to the casualties sheet, 3/1 is down to 3 men. I'll have them advance to the treeline mentioned in hopes of them drawing fire which the rest of our platoon can address.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Turn 15

https://youtu.be/C-0cZ7kF6ZU

Next turn Fri 12 pm est

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

What the... What was with first squads suicide charge of the eastern flank?

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
It wasn't a suicide charge. We have extreme fire superiority so I wanted us to use to take that hedgeline away from them so they can't just run back up again. That went even better than I imagined - we lost some guys, but the WW's presence allowed us to immediately overwhelm and destroy the ambush.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I think someone was a little over eager. Either way we gave them a sound thrashing this turn and managed to avoid losing the panther. So pretty good turn.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Allies have surrendered I'll do a end video soon.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

dtkozl posted:

I stand corrected it was a great turn.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

2/1 did just what was asked of them, and it did go pretty decently.

dtkozl, is 2/3 recovered a level in either exhaustion or morale? A rundown of strength and status for whatever you can give us for 2nd platoon would be great.

e: well I suppose I was a bit slow to post. good game

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Good game allied bros.

Are we free to head to the other threads now?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

:boom:

Well played team.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

professor_curly posted:

Good game allied bros.

Are we free to head to the other threads now?

Yeah go nuts.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Good game to you lot. You won fair and square.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

MVP: Klauss88's Panther for just being loving invincible and killing three tanks, an AC anda boatload of infantry.

Runner up: Surviving hetzer crewman for killing like 6 dudes with a SMG and loving up the alies last charge.

Honorable mention the mortar barrage.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Saros posted:

MVP: Klauss88's Panther for just being loving invincible and killing three tanks, an AC anda boatload of infantry.

Runner up: Surviving hetzer crewman for killing like 6 dudes with a SMG and loving up the alies last charge.

Honorable mention the mortar barrage.

I was really frustrated when that drat panther reached out and touched my MMG team through 2 shelterbelts and a hedge! I thought I had found a place where it could happily keyhole away for a while, but no, it wipes out half my team as an afterthought between passing it's hatchets amongst the rest of the battalion.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Been watching this for a while, i was rooting for that hetzer commander the entire time. Can we see what his kill count was? :v:

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

dtkozl posted:

Please do a unit click thru so we can see how many kills each unit got.

Suspecting 95% of the kills were by our armor and mortars.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Ikasuhito posted:

I think someone was a little over eager.

Yup!

That whirblewind is pretty amazing. That moment where it lays down a ribbon of fire is pretty awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelian
Jan 23, 2010
Congrats everyone for a job well done! The game had its ups and downs, but we (mostly) stuck to our plan and it (mostly) worked.

Thanks to everyone who participated. Thanks especially to those who stuck it out for the long haul. Our plan called for holding quite a few of our assets in reserve. That wasn't the most engaging thing to do; there was a lot of sitting and shooting and even more sitting and not shooting.

Professor_curly put in a lot of time and effort from the very start of the game; having a competent and actively participating infantry company commander made all the difference in this one. Thanks for all the advice, discussion, and covering for me and the rest of the team on more than one occasion.

Thanks to Ikasuhito, INinja, and Xenolalia for staying involved week after week, even though you were ordered to hold back in reserve. You guys were ready to come up big when we called upon you. Also want to give a shout out to Saros, who was always on roll20 and always offering ideas and intel, spotting things in the videos that the rest of us missed, and for stepping up even after his vehicle got knocked out.

Thanks dtkozl for running the game and for making such detailed videos and giving us the info we needed. It's always nice to not have to fight the GM as well as the other side :).

I learned quite a few lessons, but I had tons of fun with this one. I hope others did as well.

It's been a pleasure working with you.

• Locked thread