Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Huzzah, we have one of the war's most mechanically finicky tanks as our main tanks. That's fascist procurement for ya. :shepicide:

dtkozl posted:

:siren:This is the German thread. If you are on the axis force :frogout: and go to your own thread:siren:

Well, okay, but it's gonna be difficult to play the game without access to our thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Saros posted:

NOOoOOooooooo!

:argh:

Did you just diss the hertzer?

:allbuttons:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

That's a lot of STGs.

EDIT: Who's our order spreadsheet wrangler?

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 15, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Popete posted:

Klaus88 you are listed as the tank HQ, if you have a general plan or wanna lone hunt let me know. I'm all ears.

I was thinking of setting up in the woods at Z-11 perhaps.

I'm nervous about taking the big cats off road in a snowy map, honestly.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I'm tending towards sending the panthers towards A on that map, since it has a good line of sight of the town, and putting the hezter at B to watch the corridor on the right of the map.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Popete posted:

I like this, my only concern is the Americans rushing across to A before the Panthers show up and then we are sitting ducks as we round the trees to the north near 24.

Good point, they could have half-tracks and dump a load of infantry at A, which would be no good for our kitties.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

I'm advocating that we blitz our tanks down the road into the central control point before the Americans can get there and force them to assault it. Our Panthers are going to be better than the Shermans they're likely to be bringing along, and I don't think they'll be sending their TD anywhere near the centre to begin with so we should be able to set up there and dictate the flow of the battle ourselves.

:ughh:

I'm dead set against a blitz without knowing they're not driving Pershings. Or even if they are driving Shermans.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Popete posted:

Klaus88, any thoughts on tank deployment?

Not particularity. Except that putting the panthers on the flanks and the hertzer in the center seems like a reasonable deployment to me. I hope the hertzer can pick off an enemy tank and that the panthers can catch any enemy tanks in a crossfire. Plus we can support the infantry that way.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Popete posted:

Sounds good to me, in that case I will take my Panther and head up to do overwatch at Wounded Knee.

I'll take camp hill then.

I'm assuming I just command the panthers here and not the open topped vehicles and recon.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Start V2, preferable facing camp hill and with all the squads detailed by Abongination mounted.

Start unbuttoned

Fast to k2 then Fast To d5.

Face South

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 19, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

How do you link a specific post in google docs?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

dtkozl posted:

Allies needed a bit more time so official end of orders will be 8am Tuesday EST. Consider yourself served!
Teutonic efficacy triumphs again! :godwinning:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I'm not dead, which I consider a successful result so far. :godwinning:

How do you want to play this Popeye?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Panther HQ
Hunt E10
Face southeast

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Saros posted:

Klaus88 are you still around? As far as I can see your orders have you hunting right to the edge of the treeline at E-10 which given the jumbo and another tank contact in the Big D seems like a rather bad idea as it will expose your much thinner side armor to at least one of the tanks and if we lose you that flank is totally screwed.

Yeah I'm here.

Panther HQ
Cancel hunt order.
Face south.

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 14, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:supaburn:

Target the jumbo for god's sake!

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:godwinning:

Can someone mark exactly where my panther is on the grid map and post it in the thread please? :ohdear:

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 19, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Cancel Target jumbo
Unbutton
Draw a Target Armor Arc, extending through B16 and N25 on either side, but continuing past them so that the entire edge of the map is covered.

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 19, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Saros posted:

It's probably better to specify the target arc has unlimited range and isnt limited by max range to a line between B16 and N25 which is one way this could be interpreted.

That's kinda what I wanted, actually. :shrug:

Edited orders to lessen a chance of misinterpretation.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:argh:

Panther HQ.

Unbutton
Move one map hex towards the sherman.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

abelian posted:

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Can Klaus area fire the approximate location of the western mortar?

I'm still hunting shermans here buddy. :arghfist::hitler:

Third time's probably the charm, so I don't want to risk another shot from an easy eight.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Panther HQ
Target the mortar, or the area around it if I can't directly target it.

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 27, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I'm going to let professor curly's orders stand, as they're exactly what I was going to order for this turn. V:hitler:V

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Panther HQ

target briefly 30 seconds the southernmost MG team.
pause 30 seconds
Slow to the tree line

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 2, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Unbutton, sit tight

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I see we've reached the desperate picketts charge of the lets play. :sureboat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Its not my fault he keeps closing the hatch when people shoot at him. :saddowns:

Unbutton- again.
Move to the far edge of the tree line.

• Locked thread