Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Alright I'm in as platoon 3/1. I'm ready to die for Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I'm advocating that we blitz our tanks down the road into the central control point before the Americans can get there and force them to assault it. Our Panthers are going to be better than the Shermans they're likely to be bringing along, and I don't think they'll be sending their TD anywhere near the centre to begin with so we should be able to set up there and dictate the flow of the battle ourselves.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

:ughh:

I'm dead set against a blitz without knowing they're not driving Pershings. Or even if they are driving Shermans.

I doubt they'll be driving Pershings.

There's little to no cover on the approach to the central point. If they're driving Shermans or practically any other American tank and don't also immediately blitz for the centre we'll be able to get into position there with our Panthers and they'll have no way to push us out.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Squad 3/1

Quick move to N 6, Pause for 30 second. Split into 2 fireteams. Fireteam 1 is the one with the MG. Fireteam 1 Quick Move to J11 and face South. Fireteam 2 Quick Move to L9 and face South.

cock hero flux fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 21, 2016

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

professor_curly posted:

You've got no control over what the fireteams are. Your squad splits based on the columns in the equipment loadout in the unit screen, like so:

This goes for all infantry. One of the advantages the Americans have is that their squads have 3 columns, and so can split into 3 elements.

coincidentally that's exactly how I was going to split them anyway

abelian posted:

Ok, good job posting orders so quickly. But a couple more points if I may:

• We're deploying right now, so you probably need to explain (preferably draw) where you want to be deployed within the deployment zone
  • make sure that these meet your platoon CO's objectives. I don't think any platoon orders have been issued yet, so be prepared to change them if platoon CO has something slightly different in mind.
  • while the combat mission AI might be decent at fighting, it is stupid and insane when pathfinding. Don't leave it to chance--draw your route on a map, and give a specific path. The map does not have to be a work of art. But a scribbling your intended path in MSPaint is a huge improvement over just giving grid square destinations.

Edit to add: also please make sure to link to your orders post in the spreadsheet.

Alright I'll edit in a lazy MS paint map at some point.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

edited my orders to move final positions back into the trees a bit

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

So we won't know for sure until we get an overhead shot but, probably because of the snow, it kind of seems like the infantry isn't in position yet

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Squad 3/1
Fireteam 1 Quick Move to J11 and face South. Fireteam 2 Quick Move to L9 and face South.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I'm happy where I am right now so I'm not gonna bother issuing new orders yet.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Face SouthEast, both teams.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

dtkozl posted:

There seems to be a few infantry platoons that consistently don't have orders (maybe I'm crazy). If you need to dead guys can take over for squads that don't have people.

I haven't been bothering to give orders that are just "continue sitting in the bushes and taking potshots at the centre". I'm still here.

I think my rifle team has been wiped, too, so I'm pretty much down to just an MG and I don't really want to move it because I don't think it would live long enough to set up somewhere else.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

professor_curly posted:

Sorry if I missed your orders chf, jon joe and Klaus, feel free to give your own orders and supercede these. I'm just putting in some bare-minimum orders to keep us from suffering a catastrophic loss - a single rifle-grenade to the clump of 3rd platoon or a flanking maneuver into the side of Klaus.

Oi, I'm deliberately staying in place because all I've got left is an MG. If I move I'm basically useless until I get set up again.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I know there's a couple of other units clumped on top of me but unless one of them is an HMG they should be the ones moving, not me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

professor_curly posted:

CFH - ah I see the thing. You don't have an HMG, your squad gun is an LMG. It doesn't have a setup/breakdown time.

HMG's are like my company gun, which has a 4-spoke rotating base and weighs like 80 pounds. You can just pick up and run the mg34 your squad has without needing to set up. Basically, unless you specifically have to Deploy your weapon its just like a big rifle.

That's what I thought initially, but someone said that they still have a set up time.

• Locked thread