Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
3/3 reporting for duty. I promise to follow all commands until I find an opportunity to be the big drat hero, at which point I will probably die. And with that, platoon 3 is filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I would bet money they send a TB to D.

edit: If allies were going to play the most efficient defense + attack combo strat possible, I'd say they're going to put a TB at D along with light infantry support, mass most of their infantry at C, try to pierce up into A with maybe 1 or 2 tanks/infantry, and send almost all their tanks, if not literally every one, up into B to try and take down what they expect to be our obvious infantry rush angle.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 15, 2016

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What about the tree line between line Anton and line Berta? It's level with the objective, but is relatively protected from D and serves as a dynamic force to provide fire superiority to either our D assault or the center, as dictated by the allies' movements.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
3/3

DEPLOY at V2
SPLIT into two teams of equal size
Both teams QUICK Movement to N6
Both teams PAUSE for 30 seconds
Team 1 QUICK to L9
Team 2 QUICK to K10
Team 1 FACE South (depending on how technical you can get in facing, slightly south-east, but still mostly south.)
Team 2 FACE South-east

Platoon leader Gewehr, please inform if this plan meets requirement.

editted according to vvv

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 18, 2016

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Gewehr 43 posted:

Very good. dtkozl will need some info on where you want your fire arcs pointing. See this thread's OP for what a cover arc looks like. I'd recommend them south/southeast to cover the buildings and the main NW/SE treeline that's directly opposite your position.

I'm confused, how is what you said different from the FACE commands I submitted? Or should I FACE towards a particular square?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

abelian posted:

I was afraid that our opening moves were so brilliant that dtkozl died in amazement when he saw them. But he posted in the grog games thread today so I know he's still alive.

Perhaps he was ghost posting? We should report him for posting from a dead account.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

3/3

Continue commands.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Gewehr 43 posted:

3rd Platoon continue as ordered. Good luck. Gott mit Uns.

:same:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Continue

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What exactly should I be doing this turn?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

professor_curly posted:

Gewehr 43 / 3rd Platoon HQ

Company Command Squad - continue previous orders.

3rd Platoon Panzershrek Team
Move FAST to J11, and set up to fire panzershreks at the American Tanks. That should give them a bit of tree cover, but still very good vision. Target the 76mm tanks if possible, but just get rockets flying.

Am I the Panzershrek team? I really don't know.

dtkozl posted:

Sorry the time for orders is over! No cheating.

Though it looks like I missed orders anyway. :/

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

3/3
Both teams:
Fire at infantry coming up the middle, which is to the...south east? Or is that north west? You know the place.

Is this right, curly?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Well in that case...

3/3 Slow move both teams back 1 square, further into the tree line, away from the Americans. Assuming we aren't still pinned, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
3/3 here, I'm going to ask that someone take over me. Thanks!

• Locked thread