Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I figure it'd be useful to know what I can do with 2/3. Who are these guys?

Edit: Ok, it LOOKS like the heavy squad is less mobile/armed aside from two squad weapons? I'm tankbait, aren't I?

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Rest assured, my squad will have orders in tonight.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

2/3

Deployment – AA2

Movement:
Quick to Z3
Quick to Z9
Split
Move 2/3 Anton to Y9
Move 2/3 Bertha to Z10
2/3 Anton FACE SSW (toward W12) and DEPLOY WEAPON
2/3 Bertha FACE SSW (toward Y13) and DEPLOY WEAPON

As usual, if anyone experienced with CM would suggest a better way of doing this, then I'm all ears. For instance, is moving Quick for the entire 3 minutes going to carry some kind of downside? How quickly will my squad make these movements? (Are they getting there in 60 seconds and sitting around for 2 minutes?)

Edit: SLOW movement into the trees was overkill, I don't want them to crawl, just not sprint. Disregard the purple lines in my image, those are now MOVE orders.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 20, 2016

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

2/3 has no further orders. I like the current position, and both MGs are already deployed.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Well, no orders came in last round from me. I'll be submitting something for the next minute, but I really can't see what 2/3 should be doing. I'm not in an ideal spot to monitor straight south off of Firebase Hill, but if I head down that way, I lose elevation. Furthermore, I'll be crowding 2/2 and blocking Popete.

As it is, can I start throwing fire down into Flanky Trees or even ICU Forest? I've got 2 MGs set up and ready to hose something down.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Able 2/3
Quick movement to Z12
Face S/SW.
Deploy.

Bravo 2/3
Quick movement to AA12/AA13 (Middle of those trees).
Face S.
Deploy.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

glynnenstein posted:

lol. This has to be a fun game to observe. I will need to watch that video more closely at home to get a better idea, but 2/2 seems to have taken most of the casualties from a heavy barrage commanded mortar. That was going to be hard to avoid regardless of what we did at this position. 2/1 seems to have taken direct fire casualties and that's something we will need to neutralize before they become combat ineffective. Just driving the stuarts off their position will go a long way for 2nd platoon. 2/3 will need to retreat away from the knee of the woods as long as those mortars are dropping. Hitler has personally assured me that the panzerschreck team's racial purity will guarantee that what looks like a really tough shot, so we can count on that at least. In my experience this is the only way a granatgewehr team earns iron crosses anyway, so they are living up to my expectations; fortunately I remembered to note their birthdates ahead of the battle.

e: it may do for 2/1 to use smoke if they have it. Our wind is heavy from the SW so smoke should not move where it will interfere with the hetzer's spotting.

2/3 Hasn't seen any mortars coming down, at least not during our trip to the knee. As we are finally in a good position to do something, permission to start firing into ICU or Flanky Trees? It looks like the mortar team was spotted on the southern tip of Flanky.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

professor_curly posted:

CaptainDirtNap

2/3 Bravo can area fire at the mortar team:
Target Briefly x2 at the Mortar Team, then FACE the mortar team specifically.

2/3 Able:

Area Fire at the central objective aiming for the Dora Line/Hedgerow junction at P15, then FACE P15, where their troops seeming to be moving along the Dora Line to spread along the hedgerow. Basically aim for where that cluster of enemy troops is.

For this round, I'll accept these as my commands.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 18, 2016

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

So it looks like this Mortar giving us hell is on/around AA20/AA19?

2/3 Bravo:
Target the Mortar Team
FACE the treeline.

2/3 Able:
Target the Mortar Team x2

Basically put as much fire as possible into the last position we saw them setting up.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

2/3 Able

Target Briefly the near woods Z17
Then Quick to DD 9

2/3 Bravo

Target Briefly the last known location of the near mortar team.
Then Quick to DD 9

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

dtkozl posted:

I'm in the middle of doing turns but let me just say this is not a legal move. Target briefly is in 15 second increments, so you need to tell me how long to target briefly, for example target briefly 30 seconds or target briefly 1:15 (1 minute 15 seconds). Next, you need to tell me whether you want to move during or after the fire command, because the squad is capable of both. So I am going to assume you want to fire for 15 seconds at their starting position, then move quick to dd9. If so, then you need to tell me to Pause 15 seconds then Quick DD 9 Please note pause is also a time command, so you need to specifically tell me how long to pause. Your options are: 5 seconds, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 1 min, 1:15, 1:30.

Anyway you don't need to update orders or anything, I've already programed my interpretation of this post.

Thank you, and that is what I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

glynnenstein posted:

:siren:
Provisional orders for whatever is left of 2/3:
2/3 All Elements: MOVE to EE11
:siren:

I've been unable to stay up to date or contribute for at least two weeks now. Glynnenstein has done an admirable job of getting in orders for 2/3, so I'd like to make it official and bow out.

• Locked thread