Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

3/2 checking in. Can't wait to see the lucky men I will be leading to a hilarious death Victory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

professor_curly posted:

Special: I also would like to have a bit of a tactical reserve. If 3rd Platoon command agrees and a squad volunteers, I would like to have one squad of 3rd Platoon stay with my Company Command. We will set up behind the Fallback Line. Note that this will likely consist of a lot of "hurry up and wait" so again this is purely voluntary. If everyone wants to be on the line then that's fine, I'll move my company command and HMG around as necessary. However the intention will be to have a squad, my company HQ and my HMG team unengaged by the enemy and able to move to reinforce whichever platoon might need help, or to support a critical assault.

I'm a patient person. If the rest of 3rd is fine with it, I would Volunteer 3/2 to act as our reserves.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Gewehr 43 posted:

*3/2, you are able reserve. Get to the northern farmhouses by whatever means possible and take cover in one of the buildings to avoid potential mortar fire. Hold tight and stand by for future orders. Conserve ammo unless the enemy is danger close.

"Jawohl herr Leutnant! I shall my orders in just as soon as I've had time to scout a proper location for the me."

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Gewehr 43 posted:

Roger that. Orders post amended. Ikasuhito the post is here, but in essence take up position near N5 with all due haste.

"Mein Gott! They cant make up their minds. Alright boys, 2nd and 3rd are counting on us so here is what we are going to do."

Deploy and split in lower W2.
Quick move into barn at S5
Wait patiently

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 20, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

dtkozl posted:

targeting arcs are a bad idea dude

My orders are to hold fire unless their right on to of me. So I'm holding fire.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

professor_curly posted:

Ikasuhito/Gewehr - Sorry to do this, but it seems like your original orders were actually better than my own. The Fallback Line is actually pretty exposed, we'll be spotted there and may not be able to to move away once battle starts. The buildings in Waffen Haus are a much better location. Again, sorry for the confusion. So in the end something like this:

Reserves:

Will be better. Feel free to pick a different building or whatever Ikasuhito.

It's alright. It's better we get this all hammered out now rather than have it be a problem later. I will get my orders changed in a few hours.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Orders changed. Should be good now.

Ikasuhito posted:

Deploy and split in lower W2.
Quick move into barn at S5
Wait patiently

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 21, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Flippycunt posted:

I dreamt about combat mission last night which I'm pretty sure is an omen that dtkozyl ran the turn and we've already emerged victorious with our superior strategisms

I think your right. Clearly our opening moves were so devastating that dtkozyl has been shocked into silence.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Abongination posted:

Im sorry guys. My set of orders actually contained black magic layered in as invisible text as suggested by the Reichminister.

I think we may have unleashed something.... something truly evil.

No! You don't mean!?

The Referendum!:magical:

What Have We Done!?

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 24, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The first turn video just as I had to go too work with poo poo internet.:suicide:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Sit tight.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Just a reminder that 3/2 stands ready to reinforce anyone who needs it. But until then.

Do nothing.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well on the down side 2nd has lost a few more men. But on the upside, First tank kill!:toot:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well since I didnt notice any orders to the contrary.

Sit in quiet contemplation.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

professor_curly posted:

:siren:All Infantry Platoon and Squad Commanders:siren:

Squad 3/2 - Wake up boys. We're going to sit tight for this upcoming turn, after that we're going to Wounded Knee. Everyone says attacking the hedge is a suicide mission - and luckily someone else has volunteered! I was going to do it myself, but as it happens there is a nice spot in the line over by the Hetzer that's just opened up. Also we're probably going to bring The Big Gun with us.

Noted, herr commandant.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Move Quick to Z8
Move Quick to the bottom of BB11
Face south

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 18, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

So I just want to check and make sure. We want 3/2 to head for the treeline to the south rather than move on to Wounded knee?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Continue previous order.

Saros posted:

I kinda feel like i'm micromanaging everyone too much here but "running" (do you mean fast as there is no 'run' command) will exhaust your troops long before they get anywhere near the destination. Quick is the way to go to cover ground.

Yeah your right. Just annoyed I covered so little ground.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 21, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well that was a disaster.

Edit.New turn on previous page.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 22, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

professor_curly posted:

Ikasuhito - I guess we're abandoning Firebase Hill. With that in mind, want to divert to the center/Baumy wood and help cover Popete's dash across the death pit?

Happy to. Will get my orders in soon.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Squad move Quick to U7
Face SW

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Gewehr 43 posted:

3/2: I'm essentially considering you detached and under direct command of CoyHQ. Good luck and god speed.

Noted sir.

Checking it over, nothing is really jumping out at me. Though I hope they dont try to bum-rush us with that Stuart.

Continue previous orders.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 27, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

When will people in goon games learn not to dismiss a possible problem simply because it would be "crazy" to try? We are loonies fighting loonies. Anythings possible.

Its hard to believe that so much will be riding on what happens in the first two seconds of the next turn.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 28, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Pray that the Stuart gunner has shaky hands.
Continue previous orders.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Is Klaus still shooting at that mortar team? Because I think they've learned their lesson by now.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

professor_curly posted:

Hey dtkozl, if we end up killing that Stuart this turn can you send the Allies a message from me:

Magnificent.:allears:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Phew!

Also nice shooting on that jumbo kill.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I think we should move our armor away from the smoke screen. I believe we saw them moving inf north along the woods and im worried they may try to stream them across the road and get into a bazooka-knife fight with our tanks.

A tad farfetched perhaps, but they already hit us with one surprise move and I would rather they didn't get a second.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 31, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ha!

Things must be getting rough in the other thread. I for one am in favor of accepting.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 31, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Very true. We need clarification wether they are willing to take the loss or if they are trying to be sneaky.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tell them to get stuffed.

They either surrender, or perhaps at least pull their rotting hides out of our central CP.

Edit. Insulting terms on previous page.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I believe they only had 2 stuarts and we pegged both. They do have an armored car though along with the guns and 76.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

koolkevz666 posted:

Losing the Stuart for no gain has probably rattled them badly and it would be disastrous for us to accept a ceasefire now, I say we keep on piling on the pressure and force them off the central objective. See if we can't get some recon in to see what they have left. In total this feels like a gamble from their side.

Even as a bluff its really odd. Im starting to wonder if they haven't just wildly misjudged our remaining capabilities and think (despite the last few turns) that they have us on the run.

We have pulled back a lot of our if while even more of it is just scattered around. Maybe because of this they think we have lost control of our men.

Must say though im really looking forward to reading their thread though. After their groveling surrender of course.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 31, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Popete posted:

I'm guessing it was a last ditch effort to try and flank a Panther or the Wespe and it failed so they are trying a last last ditch effort of tricking us into a cease fire were they win by technicality.

I would hope not. That would be low even by goonish standards.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Klaus88 posted:

Slow to the tree line.
Target southernmost MG team.

Is this a good idea? I know we need to hit that mg but it looks like that 76 might be on the move and it would suck if one of our Panthers was caught detracted.

Also do we have any real eyes on the SE corner? There is a lot down there to not have any real idea what's going on.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 2, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

professor_curly posted:

Ikasuhito Basically keep doing what you're doing. We may pull you up to 2nd Platoon or move you to 1st platoon depending on how things go.

Ok then.

keep on keepin on

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Almost time to shine, but until then.

Hold steady.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ikasuhito posted:

I think we should move our armor away from the smoke screen. I believe we saw them moving inf north along the woods and im worried they may try to stream them across the road and get into a bazooka-knife fight with our tanks.

A tad farfetched perhaps, but they already hit us with one surprise move and I would rather they didn't get a second.

I knew it! I just knew they would try this.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Are you guys sure you dont want me to move up to engage the assault? I did a little noodling around and I can have my guys up to were they have eyes on all along that hedge within about 30 seconds.

I just feel hosing down their desperate assault is a better use for my men than plinking away at a largely broken foe whose destruction may not even matter if things go well.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Sounds good. They should be fine, they just need to move a few yards to the south to get them in there sights and will be fairly safe short of that sherman poping up over that rise.

I will have my orders in soon.

• Locked thread