Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Holy poo poo... I expected like, a 20mm halftrack, this is much better :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Have some inappropriately american thread music pals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtUK4AyHeTw

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Here's another suggested op plan I quickly drew up just to get some ideas out there.
I apologize for my poo poo editing work.

quote:

Purple: Purple team consists of 1 Pzshreck team at the west-most forward position marked in purple, 1 HMG team at the edge of the farm, and Bat HQ in the house inside Objective 1 for spotting. The pzshreck team will be used as a forward observer in case of a flank and could also be replaced by splitting of a "scout" team from a squad if you would rather have the PzShreck elsewhere. HMG is to pin down any flank attempts if they are for some reason organic instead of armor, we could alternatively put the mg in the house with Bat HQ.

GREEN: Green team consists of any lmg or dmr carriers in the company who will be split of and lay down in the east forest to set up a base of fire.

LIGHT BLUE: The light blue Crescent is a smoke marker for the mortar (or Wespe if we have any smoke), the larger area is for however many HE shells we have left in the mortar/Wespe

ORANGE: Orange team consists of any other soldier from the company who is holding close combat weapons; either mp40s, stgs, rifle grenades, or k98s/g43s sans scopes. Push into Objective 2 after the smoke mission completes, Green team will give you covering fire and Red team will assist you with armor support.

BLACK: 1 Panther, 1 Lynx. stay hidden behind the trees with Green team until it is time for Orange team to assault the objective. move at their pace to assist and respond to enemy armor. Blue team will have your flank covered so only expose your front armor.

RED: 1 Panther, 1 Lynx this team will stick to the road under the tress until Orange and Black team moves out. then fan out and assist. Use the low terrain to minimize you chances of being knocked out by staying hull down.

BLUE: Hetzer to watch flank for armor, Wirbelwind to watch for infantry

WHITE: Wespe will move here to carry out fire missions designated by HQ or alone at targets of opportunity

So yeah this is just a real quick plan, feel free to cannibalize parts or remove others.

I can also do a quick rundown of what our enemy may be fielding under one quick post if that would be advantageous.

Xenolalia fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 16, 2016

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

abelian posted:

I haven't fired up to make sure, but I would guess that the Wespe can only be employed in the direct fire role when on map.

Yeah I mis-remembered, the Grille can be used for indirect fire, not the Wespe

abelian posted:

Unfortunately, tank riding is not enabled in this game (only in Red Thunder, I believe).

The infantry will have to hoof it.

Also are you sure it isn't just available for certain tanks? I saw troops on Panthers in the demo videos they showed for FB.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Assuming that there will be snow conditions, here is a simplified version of the op plan I posted,

Green is our front-line
Purple is line presence, as long as we have contact between them we don't need to fill all the green
Red is heavier presence, along with an arrow showing the shortest distance from forest to the Obj.

Again feel free to edit.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

FrozenLiquidity posted:

I don't know, if the Allies move up Emil or Fritz and get into a halfway decent position we'll be taking fire from up to three sides if any push into B is made. While I don't mind a defensive fight, this is not the one I would choose. I'd opt for an aggressive defense that doesn't so readily give up the most of the accessible high ground on "our side" of the map. I think we could make something of this if we put a bit more of an extension out to the West - the purple/green line shouldn't really need to be filled too much considering how far back it is and given the shitstorm of fire one would have to weather from multiple directions in order to compromise it. I'll see if I can sketch something up tonight.

Sounds good!

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Wirbelwind will:

Move to X5
Face South
Open up

Xenolalia fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 20, 2016

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

abelian posted:

I was afraid that our opening moves were so brilliant that dtkozl died in amazement when he saw them. But he posted in the grog games thread today so I know he's still alive.

obviously our plans brought about some unknowable eldritch horror into existence and dtkozl doesn't want to talk about it.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

I can't use roll20 as i'm still out of town. What are people's thoughts on moving the WW to aa4?

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Wirbelwind

hold position

If someone could link this one for me i'd be thankful, i'm still on a phone for now.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Temporary orders until I get confirmation. I'll link them once they're sorted.

Quickmove to CC7
Face South
Remain unbuttoned.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Remain unbuttoned.
Face South
Quickmove to AA7
Face Southwest
Hunt to Z9

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Move to Z10
Hunt to Z11

Xenolalia fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 21, 2016

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

abelian posted:

Z11 is at the bottom of a hill, so you probably won't see very much. We need you to find a commanding position and start making them bleed.

Wait i've got the map wrong then, where was the hill that gave vision?

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

dtkozl posted:

As for the whirblewind, the actual order given in the time period I gave was just a hunt command. He changed the order after the cut off which I have asked you guys not to do several times, that one is not my problem.

Oh gently caress sorry about that.
I mentioned in the roll20 that I knew I was cutting it close, so it was okay if the original orders went through, but it was in between everyone else responding to the turn so people probably missed it.

Gotta go fast z10
hunt z11
Face southwest towards r14
anyone object?

Xenolalia fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jul 23, 2016

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Okay, things are looking up, however slight.

I suggest reforming our inf. squads, as operating as 1 or 2 men won't do much good, not to mention we've unfortunately lost many of our heavy weapons. Without the mg34/42 our squads really can't lay down enough firepower when split up.
Perhaps pop some smoke if any of our squads still have some.
I think we need to re-consolidate and try to form a more concentrated base of fire.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Hold position

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

abelian posted:

1. What is the crew status of Popete's gunner right now? (spotting, aiming, firing, etc? I didn't see it in the video).

It appears to be 'aiming'

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

drat, nice job everyone. I guess we should accept the surrender, action must be slow for the allies.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Ikasuhito posted:

Tell them to get stuffed.

They either surrender, or perhaps at least pull their rotting hides out of our central CP.

professor_curly posted:

I don't think they have enough to stop us anymore, our vehicle superiority will start to tell now. If we hit ceasefire they'll win through holding the center, despite the only thing holding it being a couple of broken squads with their faces in the dirt being shelled by hundreds of 20mm HE rounds.

The offer has zero value. If we accept it we lose on points. The worst that can happen if we continue is we lose, so what's the point? Especially when they have 1 Sherman 76 to try and stop 2 Panthers.

Agreed, we have no reason to accept these terms when we have the advantage.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

I'm thinking of ordering an area fire from about m14 to t16 and advancing slightly, sound good?

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

abelian posted:

Unfortunately, due to engine limitations, you can only order area fire on a single point location.

You can target briefly (in increments of 15 seconds). You can target (or target briefly) one location, move slightly, then target another area. But only one target area per movement waypoint.

But I would caution against making it too complicated. Ninja has suppressed infantry in the O-14 area, but they are still alive. Finish the job before they can escape to the reverse slope.

Ok sounds good

Hunt to X11
Area fire O14

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

professor_curly posted:

Hot take:

Xenolia BACK UP

Popete TAKE XENOLIA'S SPOT

Yeah for sure i'll backup

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Reverse to Z8
Area fire at Q14

Xenolalia fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 8, 2016

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

professor_curly posted:

Xenolia - you could try something a bit clever, where you area fire at the infantry you were shooting at, while reversing directly away from them.

No prob, amending orders

Xenolalia posted:

Reverse to Z8
Area fire at Q14

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Quick move to CC12
Hunt to CC13

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Saros posted:

loving hell it looks like Klauss took three hits from the 76 Sherman, he's extremely lucky to be alive.

It also could be the fieldgun tho.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Oh, I totally forgot how few high velocity rounds they carry, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Open up
Pause for 45 seconds
Reverse to CC11

Xenolalia fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 16, 2016

• Locked thread