Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Slovakia are officially better at scoring goals against Russia than England

Slovakia and Wales to top the group, Russia to get kicked out, England to finish third and not make it into the knockouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

Slovakia and Wales to top the group, Russia to get kicked out, England to finish third and not make it into the knockouts.

With 4 of the 6 teams that make 3rd place advancing into knockouts its really difficult to achieve that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

dogboy posted:

With 4 of the 6 teams that make 3rd place advancing into knockouts its really difficult to achieve that.

England will find a way.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

dogboy posted:

Draw and loss in remaining games, 0 more goals scored imo. 4 other 3rd place teams with either more than 2 points, or 2 points but better GD/goals scored is very doable!

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Insurrectionist posted:

Draw and loss in remaining games, 0 more goals scored imo. 4 other 3rd place teams with either more than 2 points, or 2 points but better GD/goals scored is very doable!

england are going to smash wales and slovakia

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

vyelkin posted:

Wales is going to get loving dicked.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Oh the other hand I must admit it feels good that our tiny 10 million country has a team against who the small team celebrate getting a 1-1 draw like they just won the Euros, just going wild partying and slathering each other with oils and probably buttfucking in the bathroom . That means we're now undoubtedly a Big Team and everyone is scared of us so of course they're going to root for the underdog. This must be how England felt after the USMNT fans went embarrassingly crazy with celebrations after a 1-1 draw like they'd just won the world cup: drat proud. well done portugal and well done england

let me give you a little tip here bro. no one in usa gives a poo poo or piss about soccer and we are all about shooting guns and drinking beer and wine coolers, and we still qualified top of the group. how did portugal do? saltmad? guess i would be too if my team had the best player in the world on it and couldnt beat albania or whoever (didnt watch the world cup so dont know who was in the group)

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

Let me tell you about Andres Iniethta and Sergio R-r-r-r-r-ramos

I'm ok with the Mexican guy rolling his r's, as is customary for his peoples. I'm not okay with the retard commentator telling me how Iceland should involve more of their defenders in the attack against a team that has Ronaldo and Nani.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Hmm could we beat Ireland and Sweden and be second? Maybe, who knows, Wilmots out

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

straight up brolic posted:

Wales is going to get loving dicked.

enough about your sex life though

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

wales is his boyfriends name

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
I'm really enjoying the poortugal buttmad since strákarnir okkar who played a cool and good match exposed the 11 individuals in red as fraudulent beach hair braid salesmen. Portugal somehow has 11 good players and a bad team. I feel sorry for Ronaldo and europe for ruining the EURO 2016 with boring football but not everyone can dive spectacularly around the box or be a gigantic dick criminal like Pepe so you just have to suck it up and stop trying to poo poo all over our beautiful dream.

https://www.facebook.com/650473749/videos/10154317758728750/

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

fat greasy puto posted:

wales is his boyfriends name
nothing shameful about being a muscular top

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

RideTheSpiral posted:

enough about your sex life though

Lmao

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Somebody make a gif of Ronaldo plowing into ground with his foot and then requesting foul.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Why is the refereeing so much better here than the world cup? They are allowing a lot more physical stuff and not calling a lot of stuff they did in Brazil. It's making the games a lot more interesting as its not stop and start all the time

Is it just uefa giving the refs different guidelines than FIFA does?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Alctel posted:

Why is the refereeing so much better here than the world cup? They are allowing a lot more physical stuff and not calling a lot of stuff they did in Brazil. It's making the games a lot more interesting as its not stop and start all the time

Is it just uefa giving the refs different guidelines than FIFA does?

The UEFA refs are of a much higher quality. Everyone's a CL regular as opposed to the World Cups where you see some refs from the Bongo Bongo Isles and so on.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

The last World Cup had an MLS ref in it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

The last World Cup had an MLS ref in it

Shockingly CONCACAF referees are probably only the fourth worst in the world. Still have the AFC, CAF, and OFC to make up the numbers.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Even the UEFA refs were calling a lot more for light touching it seemed though

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Alctel posted:

Even the UEFA refs were calling a lot more for light touching it seemed though

But enough about their patronage with David De Gea.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puň essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Basscop posted:

I'm really enjoying the poortugal buttmad since strákarnir okkar who played a cool and good match exposed the 11 individuals in red as fraudulent beach hair braid salesmen. Portugal somehow has 11 good players and a bad team. I feel sorry for Ronaldo and europe for ruining the EURO 2016 with boring football but not everyone can dive spectacularly around the box or be a gigantic dick criminal like Pepe so you just have to suck it up and stop trying to poo poo all over our beautiful dream.

https://www.facebook.com/650473749/videos/10154317758728750/

Portugal has had many things, but never "11 good players".

The correct number normally hovers between 1 and 1.5 for any given decade.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Pretty hyped for todays games

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I still don't like the idea of four 3rd place teams going through. It's cheap imo

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

how else will england go through

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Figo and Ronaldo were on the Euro 2004 team.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
The Welsh have started showing up here in downtown Toulouse and having observed them for a few minutes now, they all seem unable to find the public bathrooms that are right in front of them and also they are barely intelligible and I don't think it's because they've been drinking

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Kwagga posted:

The Welsh have started showing up here in downtown Toulouse and having observed them for a few minutes now, they all seem unable to find the public bathrooms that are right in front of them and also they are barely intelligible and I don't think it's because they've been drinking

We do have our own funny language and whatnot.

Still, at least we didn't get migrant children to down pints of beer for a couple of Euros like the England fans did (Which suspiciously is not being reported on).

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

fat greasy puto posted:

how else will england go through

By topping the group :smug:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Frankston posted:

By topping the group :smug:

England
Aales
Slovakia
Yussia

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Germany, France and Spain have all looked a bit inept in front of goal. The favourites for winning are looking a bit weak and some of the weaker teams have put in good performances. Hell, I'm excited at how hard this one is to call. It looks like it may just end up down one road - The road that leads to football returning to its homeland.

Machinegunboyo fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 17, 2016

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Machinegunboyo posted:

Germany, France and Spain have all looked a bit inept in front of goal. The favourites for winning are looking a bit weak and some of the weaker teams have put in good performances. Hell, I'm excited at how hard this one is to call. It looks like it may just end up down one road - The road that leads to football returning to its homeland.

it doesn't matter how hard Deschamps attempts to sabotage this tournament, Payet is going to drag them kicking and screaming all the way

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Vitor Baia, Couto , Petit, Figo, Pauleta, Rui Costa, Abel Xavier and Nuno Gomes were fuckin' boss.

not boss enough to beat the loving USA in 2002 but drat, we had an amazing team.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is itv gonna wheel out Bilic so he can meltdown about Croatia?

Also, you should apologize to Eder, GD

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Mans posted:

Vitor Baia, Couto , Petit, Figo, Pauleta, Rui Costa, Abel Xavier and Nuno Gomes were fuckin' boss.

not boss enough to beat the loving USA in 2002 but drat, we had an amazing team.

When you're longing for Pedro Pauleta, that's time to take off the nostalgia goggles

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monday Bandele posted:

When you're longing for Pedro Pauleta, that's time to take off the nostalgia goggles

Griezmann was apparently considering joining the national team when he was 20 years old.

Things could've been so different :negative:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DOOP posted:

Also, you should apologize to Eder, GD

No!!!!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Interesting that after 2 matches only 3 teams(France, Spain, Italy) have qualified from their group and only 1(Ukraine) is completely eliminated.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jyrka posted:

Interesting that after 2 matches only 3 teams(France, Spain, Italy) have qualified from their group and only 1(Ukraine) is completely eliminated.

Is it? feels like it's harder to get eliminated with this format than to be qualified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

It is. Poland and Germany both have 4 points, and N.Ireland will be above Ukraine based on their head-to-head if both end the group stage with 3 points

• Locked thread