Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Machinegunboyo posted:

any theories on why it's been pretty low scoring so far? Still got the Brazil hangover and wanna see some goal fests.

More consistent level of quality. The world cup is always full of joke teams from fake countries no one has ever heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Close games with excitement right until the last minute are - get this - good.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is the Iceland game not on TV today?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What a terrifying future we live in.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

dogboy posted:

I don't like the current system it is all sorts of bad and I think a lot of people who tried to watch the group stages and have fun agree with me.

If they want more teams, why not. So far I enjoyed a lot of the teams and their fans you usually don't see quite a lot at this tournament, so I am not totally against the current system.

How about 20 teams and 4 groups of 5 with only the top 2 advance to knockout stages. This would make group stages more competetitive and not have another "qualifiying" noone wants to watch while keeping the whole tournament manageable and understandable for the viewers.

I think you'll find that everyone's going crazy about how amazing the draw has worked out to be. Later hater.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

Iceland winning actually put them in the scrub side of the knockout stage. If they bet Croatia(they won't) they'll probably be in the Final.

Portugal are poo poo, though. They haven't won a game this tournament, and finished below a team in their half of the knockouts in their group.

If Croatia don't do them, Poland will.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Love Stole the Day posted:

Is it okay to post predictions for the knockout stage now that we're into the Ro16?

I notice you haven't watched football for the last 3 or 4 years. How was the coma?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

chaoslord posted:

Rizzoli and Eriksson have been given the semi finals and Kuipers has returned to the Netherlands. Clattenburg likely is getting either the final or the 3rd place game. I'd say "he will get the game Wales is not in" but Collina has been throwing out all sorts of assigning rules since he has been in charge at UEFA so who knows. I think he deserves the final, he has been more or less flawless at the tournament.

He's made some funny faces but more mistakes than a lot of other refs in this tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ssons of anarchy gang tag for all non-English posters tia

• Locked thread