Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ibogaine posted:

I don't know you that well: Are you ironically trying to be as bad at being a sportsman as Ronaldo, or are you being serious?

He's absolutely right tho. While the poo poo teams in World Cup usually means tons of goals, most of the lovely European teams know how to defend deep and park the bus - just look at how low scoring this tourny has been so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sounds like we need some.. advanced stats

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I hate the euros this year gently caress sake. Germany - Slovakia, Hungary - Belgium should not be knock out matches. Usually the euros had like one or two surprise team making it to the knockout, but with so many 3rd spot teams going through its just ridiculous - usually you just wanted the group matches to be over so the proper tournament could start, but this year there's an additional 8 matches before it proper starts

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Grimble posted:

Those are 4 bad teams, but only one of them finished 3rd in their group.

I'm just mad about the general quality this year - it has been absolute shite

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

advanced statsman posted:

32 is an insane number, there'd be so many garbage teams that Spain fielding their B side against Kazakhstan wouldn't even be half interesting

Might as well drop qualifications then.. Which actually might be a good thing. 32 is a lot tho so just invite 4 South American teams, 2 from Africa and 2 from Asia, proper good tournament then.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mans posted:

at least we got some goals out of it today.

Yeah that was nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ty

• Locked thread