Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Way back in the 90s I put together a 486/33 and was quite proud of myself being that I was a young lad back then. I was thinking of making a gaming rig for myself since my young son always is on my older Alienware computer and figure maybe me and him could play together some online games like Diablo 3 or Warcraft.

Have you recently built your own computer? Any absolutely essential things I should have it in? I was thing of Intel i5 to save some money and an evga GeForce gtx 980 as far as the two important things. I also was looking at doghousesystems.com since it seems they get great reviews but their prices are high. With what I came up with I can order the parts from newegg for roughly 1500 dollars. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
This is what I was thinking from the maximumpc magazine that just came out:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
What is the best graphics card out there and what is the best budget graphics card out there?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

gtx 1080 ($610-$1,000,000) for best and radeon 480 (~$200-$250) on june 29th for best budget

gtx 1070 performs the same as a 980ti, the previous top of the line card which is running around $430+ right now. it might get closer to $380 though

Would either one of those work with the motherboard in the picture I posted?

• Locked thread