Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shadow hearts is about a college-aged guy loving around shanghai and that's the second best game ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

Can confirm that game is, in fact, Good.

would you call it

barry good

man?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

I didn't mention quality anywhere in my post? I was just trying to remember how it preformed.

I mean regardless of how good or bad it is I was never gonna buy this game from the start since the it focuses on too many things I hate in modern JRPGs.

This is the weakest attempt at a thread poo poo I have seen in a long time. :cmon:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Literally all I did was ask how the game sold. When someone tried to imply I was disparaging the game's quality, I said I had no interest in playing it for completely personal reasons. Calm the gently caress down.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i just want an excuse to talk about shadow hearts

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm very excited for this game and I'm going to play it for the rest of my life :allears:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

Sell me on Shadow Hearts

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

Literally all I did was ask how the game sold. When someone tried to imply I was disparaging the game's quality, I said I had no interest in playing it for completely personal reasons. Calm the gently caress down.

And I am saying if you thought the game looked bad and you were going to disparage it, like, say, point out bad sales figures, you should fuckin own it. Go full goon!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Ok, lesson learned, when the game tells me not to mess with Savage Enemies, I should not, in fact, mess with Savage Enemies.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Endorph posted:

You don't need one. Shadow Hearts is good, just like #FE.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Did anyone else preorder this from Amazon? I'm still watching the status waiting for it to even prepare for shipping. I'm worried I won't be able to get my animes tomorrow. :ohdear:

They bumped my shipping so I canceled and reserved a copy at GameStop. I didn't want to wait until Tuesday

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bogart posted:

Sell me on Shadow Hearts

1) it's got a cool alt. history world war 1 setting

2) yuri is a fun protag

3) it's got a neat combat system based around timed hits

4) the second game is a very nuanced exploration of the pain of losing someone you love, that also has a party member who hits people with mailboxes

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Unlucky7 posted:

And I am saying if you thought the game looked bad and you were going to disparage it, like, say, point out bad sales figures, you should fuckin own it. Go full goon!

If I hated games based on sales figures alone then I wouldn't be allowed to like a lot of games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bogart posted:

Sell me on Shadow Hearts

Keep in mind that it probably won't ever get rereleased due to reasons, so you'll have to track down ps2 discs or emulate.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh well then it sold poorly in Japan so it'll probably have a niche following.

Who knows how it'll do over here.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Golden Goat posted:

Oh well then it sold poorly in Japan so it'll probably have a niche following.

Who knows how it'll do over here.

the game is an anime waifu dressup simiulator, its gonna sell like friggin hotcakes over here

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

the game is an anime waifu dressup simiulator, its gonna sell like friggin hotcakes over here

That was true until they removed the "vagina bones"

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm sold on shadow hearts.

Also, Japan doesn't buy console games anymore, and their network is way better than the US', so I have to imagine digital sales make up a larger chunk of salsa.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only important number is the studio making its budget back, and it will probably reach that already.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I don't care about the sales as long as it's good.

And it's looking good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bogart posted:

I'm sold on shadow hearts.

Also, Japan doesn't buy console games anymore, and their network is way better than the US', so I have to imagine digital sales make up a larger chunk of salsa.
im glad of it.

if you want a really janky 6 hour horror-rpg, check out koudelka too. it's by the same devs and it's got some plot ties to shadow hearts, and they hired a bunch of random american theater guys and had them adlib a lot of their lines and pantomine out the scenes. it leads to pretty good VAing.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I ordered this game awhile ago since the Japanese version got good buzz and I love Atlus RPGs. I'm surprised how good the reviews for this game have been, though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

How big is the download?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

How big is the download?

I forget exactly, maybe about 13 gigabytes? My external hard drive died a while ago so I had to delete Bayo 2 to download it.
Edit: It takes up 12 GB of hard drive space.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

IIRC, the eShop pegs it at 10.7 GB.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I dunno if I have space for all this bara

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWW7OFo71rg

quote:

Man that outfit is some 4kids level of garbage. Really hate how they sidestepped the gravure stuff. I don't think the Japanese version handles it super well, but at least it's head on. I just don't understand these decisions once you've aged up the characters. I get that panty shots are not something NOA wants probably, but everything else just seems nonsensical.

:lol:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I am looking forward to this anime game, I am eagerly awaiting the SE I got on amazon to show up tomorrow.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The new outfit owns, kinda wish they'd put that level of effort into some of the other edits tho.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

To be honest some of the changes are kind of silly and I don't really get why they were made. Like the wedding dress with chrome paint, random shadows because "oh no this weird monster thing has boobs" and apparently one NPC is entirely removed from a scene because a guy is standing over her and wouldn't wanna imply anything?

I'm still getting the game and whatnot but I never understood why people want to instantly dismiss anyone unhappy about any of the changes v:shobon:v

Saigyouji posted:

Ok, lesson learned, when the game tells me not to mess with Savage Enemies, I should not, in fact, mess with Savage Enemies.

Tell me about Savage enemies. Are they like FOE's in the Etrian games or something?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm still getting the game and whatnot but I never understood why people want to instantly dismiss anyone unhappy about any of the changes v:shobon:v

The complaints would be better reviewed if the people who are making the complaints are reasonable human beings and not fanatics that equate covering boobs with government restriction of text and speech

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The wedding dress is bad. The other outfits look fine.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tae posted:

The complaints would be better reviewed if the people who are making the complaints are reasonable human beings and not fanatics that equate covering boobs with government restriction of text and speech

honestly i just don't say anything because i'll immediately get called this, regardless of how i phrase it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

because alot of people unhappy about the changes go about it in an abrasive way that makes it easy to instantly dismiss them if you don't already agree with them

it's like how there's some genuine flaws in the fe:fates translation but those got drowned out by vocal complaining about incredibly minor poo poo like removing bikinis or a face-groping minigame

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Tell me about Savage enemies. Are they like FOE's in the Etrian games or something?

They're kinda like large Shadows in the Persona games. They're enemies from a higher dungeon level than you're currently on, as well as being several levels higher than they normally are, plus you can't knock them down on the field.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

Which hey is fine, I just think if someone goes "Man they sure are giving this the 4kids treatment" then that's also fine because let's be real, they totally are.

Saigyouji posted:

They're kinda like large Shadows in the Persona games. They're enemies from a higher dungeon level than you're currently on, as well as being several levels higher than they normally are, plus you can't knock them down on the field.

That sounds lovely :v:.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Which hey is fine, I just think if someone goes "Man they sure are giving this the 4kids treatment" then that's also fine because let's be real, they totally are.

unless they started replacing guns with water guns or toy hammers and skipped multiple story arcs i don't think #fe is getting anywhere near a 4kids treatment

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjphanrGEKQ

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brother Entropy posted:

unless they started replacing guns with water guns or toy hammers and skipped multiple story arcs i don't think #fe is getting anywhere near a 4kids treatment

They're apparently trimming parts out of some stories/altering things so... they kind of are in a way :v:

I hope we have lollipops and water guns though.

I'm the stock image of a cracker

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They're apparently trimming parts out of some stories/altering things so... they kind of are in a way :v:

Per Nintendo Life:

quote:

Recent hands-on sessions with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE at PAX East have confirmed previous reports that the game will be subject to a series of changes for western markets.

The first is an age bump for some of the characters - Tsubasa, Itsuki and Touma - taking them up from 17 to 18 years of age. There are also changes to costumes, with some of the female characters wearing less revealing clothing.

Elsewhere, a dungeon which features portraits of female characters in bikinis has been altered - the characters are now fully-clothed.

Finally, it is being reported that the Hot Springs DLC - which allows characters to dress up in swimwear - will not be released in the west. We don't have official confirmation on this as yet and have asked Nintendo and Atlus for clarification.

So it looks like only some aesthetic stuff is being changed.

• Locked thread