Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anatharon posted:

It DOES have teenagers in swimsuits.

This got censored apparently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

my wii u sucks and disconnected from the internet overnight and then while i was at work so the game still isn't download. fail

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Cake Attack posted:

my wii u sucks and disconnected from the internet overnight and then while i was at work so the game still isn't download. fail

massive fail imo...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
drat, it hasn't even been a half hour and right away poo poo gets real

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
OH MY GOD THE HEE HO CLERK IS ANNA! :swoon:

11/10, game of the decade, sequel when?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

just sitting here, watching the download bar

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

65%

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Played about a hour of it (to the first boss) and I am loving it. I do hope some of the stuff from this are over in Persona 5, like the ability to avoid enemies by knocking them down (instead of going straight to battle). Kinda wish the battle music had some cheesey rap in it like Persona 3/4 but otherwise this game is well worth playing.

How many party members are there anyway?

By the way, I am playing on a disc copy and the load times feel perfectly normal. Did they increase them from the JP version that a lot of people said to get the digital version on that release?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

OH MY GOD THE HEE HO CLERK IS ANNA! :swoon:

11/10, game of the decade, sequel when?

Oh my god it is

Is the Accessory shop clerk someone too...?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Load times seem a little on the long side but not too bad.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Other actual minor-ish nitpick is the sound effects for hitting things is super underwhelming (at least in cutscenes)

Had a character shoot some blast out and a massive flash happened with electricity everywhere and the sound to accompany such a devastating blow was basically someone popping a few bubbles on bubble wrap. Like there's a complete lack of impact and it really isn't conveying power or anything.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
This is the best, everyone complained Nintendo was censoring the titties in this. I'd really like to know where those are among the millions of other big jiggly titties in this game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The text messages and custom emoji are cracking me up

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
5 levels in and itsuki is turning out garbage

glad they retained that authentic fire emblem feel

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Poison does insane damage if you can get it to stick and it even works on bosses.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this is the dumbest loving game

vocaloid tiki with a tendency to call men "big bro", Tsubasa's :aaaaa: face the size of a tire, Chrom getting tips on how to "look cool" from Overwatch's Reaper and Shadow the Hedgehog, and the trainer that loves anime way too much

pretty much what im saying is, this is GOTY 2016 and I highly recommend it to everyone that glances at this thread.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

this is the dumbest loving game

vocaloid tiki with a tendency to call men "big bro", Tsubasa's :aaaaa: face the size of a tire, Chrom getting tips on how to "look cool" from Overwatch's Reaper and Shadow the Hedgehog, and the trainer that loves anime way too much

pretty much what im saying is, this is GOTY 2016 and I highly recommend it to everyone that glances at this thread.

I'm glancing at this thread and you've nearly convinced me while knowing nothing about this game

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A jargogle posted:

I'm glancing at this thread and you've nearly convinced me while knowing nothing about this game

alright, i'll give one last thing:

The trainer I mentioned? He used to be guitarists for the best bands in the world, but then moved to japan to teach idols how to sing. he also fell in love with anime intended for little girls.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Tsubasa's :aaaaa: face the size of a tire

That cracked me up more than I thought it would.

BillmasterCozb posted:

I'm seconding this.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

why is this taking an hour to install.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

why is this taking an hour to install.

Nintendo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
holy gently caress Barry Goodman is already the best and I've just met him

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

The trainer I mentioned? He used to be guitarists for the best bands in the world, but then moved to japan to teach idols how to sing. he also fell in love with anime intended for little girls.

it's exaggerated, but his character is canon to real life.

marty friedman of megadeth left for japan to become somewhat popular and has played guitar for songs in children's shows and anime like Kamen Rider and Bodacious Space Pirates

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Game's good, guys

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

He's inspired by Marty Friedman of Megadeth (though they look nothing alike), who has been living in Japan for a long time and heavily involved with idol jpop.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

He's inspired by Marty Friedman of Megadeth (though they look nothing alike), who has been living in Japan for a long time and heavily involved with idol jpop.

living the dream

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
my god. this game is better than i ever could have thought.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

living the dream

Here's a sample.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol what's this the OP to because I totally recognize it

also daily motion is some nostalgia for looking for low quality anime streams in the mid 2000s

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

lol what's this the OP to because I totally recognize it

also daily motion is some nostalgia for looking for low quality anime streams in the mid 2000s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C5%8Dretsu_Uch%C5%AB_K%C5%8Dky%C5%8Dkyoku_Dai_7_Gakush%C5%8D_%22Mugen_no_Ai%22

Bodacious Space Pirates

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

It's a good song. I like it.

Incidentally, it also has a remixed version featuring Yngwie Malmsteen on guitar, replacing Friedman's part.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ah right that's the ticket. Anyway my game finally installed so time to game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tsubasa has a thousand yard stare going on

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tsubasa has seen some poo poo dawg

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tsubasa is my favorite so far

Mostly because of her texts

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Just got the feature, but getting texts when you get enough materials to craft stuff is good.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh my god it is

Is the Accessory shop clerk someone too...?

Yep. Accessory shop clerk is Aimee, the merchant caravan leader from the Tellius games. You may also recognize the waitress at the cafe.

I really like this game so far. The texting is funny, and the stickers are adorable. I also really like that you can just save wherever you are, that's a real good feature.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Played two and a half hours, up 'till just before the concert I think

Combat system is excellent, the art direction is great, specially the use of colors, Barry Goodman is a Good Man, the red head guy owns, the boss is amazing and slightly uncomfortable with here LINE emojis and Tsubasa kinda sucks whenever she's not fainting about idols. Some bits are too anime for me, but honestly I get some enjoyment out of it (gently caress you, main guy, why the gently caress was "no" not an option when Tiki asked to call you onii-chan?!) and yeah, awesome game, the fights in particular were really satisfying.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Should I do the DLC missions right a way or wait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

how much of the combat dialogue you understand without subs just from watching anime is the purest test of your character imo

• Locked thread