Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Internet Kraken posted:

Didn't this game completely tank in Japan

Yeah, what does that have to do with game quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only important number is the studio making its budget back, and it will probably reach that already.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWW7OFo71rg

quote:

Man that outfit is some 4kids level of garbage. Really hate how they sidestepped the gravure stuff. I don't think the Japanese version handles it super well, but at least it's head on. I just don't understand these decisions once you've aged up the characters. I get that panty shots are not something NOA wants probably, but everything else just seems nonsensical.

:lol:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm still getting the game and whatnot but I never understood why people want to instantly dismiss anyone unhappy about any of the changes v:shobon:v

The complaints would be better reviewed if the people who are making the complaints are reasonable human beings and not fanatics that equate covering boobs with government restriction of text and speech

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjphanrGEKQ

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SylvainMustach posted:

Not gonna lie, between this, Planet Robobot and SMT IV: A, nintendo (largely from Atlus support) is making up for what I was initially viewing as a pessimistic year. I'm not a big enough Zelda fan to be as hyped as everyone else, but this is super fun.

Hopefully Atlus goes all out and completes my year by announcing a western release date for Etrian Odyssey V

Pessimistic year from 3ds and WiiU, I'm assuming.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That's about all I've heard so far.

Maybe next time someone that actually played the game can confirm this because this is how non-fanatics get roped into their side.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's plenty of anime games without hot springs or beach sequences

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tsubasa's blonde DLC is Rei from Persona Q, a spin-off crossover between P3 and P4 on the 3DS.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's really similar to Persona 4 which is almost 10 years old at this point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I shouldn't be surprised, but there's already a patch to "uncensor" the game. Including apparently changing gameplay improvements.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Well, perhaps not by sensible people (whoever those are), but the mistrust learned from those experiences do play a part why people reacted to the changes.

I'm not seeing how it's reasonable that a lazy translation job from Sword Art Online is a crusading reason why games like TMS get downvoted like hell and go into hundreds of pages into government restriction with the content always being boobs and nothing else about localization.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm kinda disappointed Ilyana is a shopkeeper, because I liked how most of the FE references are from Tiki games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

I'm glad they've chosen to reference good games as well :twisted:

You're getting really lazy this past few weeks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

DrPaper posted:

And this is pretty reasonable. I personally don't feel it's just anime titties that are part of the problem in Tokyo Mirage Sessions subpar localization. Out of sync, overlapping and orphaned audio dialogue, DLC content not coming over - whether you care about it or not- are things that are reasonable for a consumer to be unhappy about, especially since they've had to wait months for this localization to actually play the game due to region-locking.

Where are you reading these complaints. I've not seen any non-breast censor argument any of the news sites, or gaf, or reddit. I can probably count like 2 instances when anyone remotely mentioned anything about the actual localization text.

DrPaper posted:

The FF7 localization where they call Cloud a retard.

Oh wait now I remember you.

Tae fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 27, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The timeline for localizing this game with voice acting probably made it knocking on the NX's launch date by then, and they want to spread out their remaining WiiU releases.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/meme_look/status/744820901321945088

He's getting harassed by the "Censorship" crowd on twitter.

That was the most obvious thing in the world. Amazon's already been bombed in the 1st star review percentages.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-team-talks-atlus-localiza/1100-6441341/

Small interview with the developers, my suspicion was correct that adding voice acting would've delayed the game to the point of knocking on the NX's launch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There is an entire channel dedicated to selling various knives in US, a microwave show isn't too far-fetched.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Doesn't include digital, on the wiiu, camr in the same year as xenoblade chronicles x which is a thing that matters in japan because consoles in general have been in decline for a decade

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CrashCat posted:

sweet christ on a crutch those are worse than Battleborn numbers, how did it ever get localized

Most Games, especially 1st/2nd party, are localized during the making of the game nowadays.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If critics and internet bitching matteres, we wouldn't be on our 5th transformers movie

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Levantine posted:

I wonder how well it would have done if it had been on PC? Don't the Nep games sell loads on Steam?

You're hoping for a nintendo 1st/2nd party game to be on steam, first off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's Eleanor you plebs

• Locked thread