Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What is the DLC in the SE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

To be honest some of the changes are kind of silly and I don't really get why they were made. Like the wedding dress with chrome paint, random shadows because "oh no this weird monster thing has boobs" and apparently one NPC is entirely removed from a scene because a guy is standing over her and wouldn't wanna imply anything?

I'm still getting the game and whatnot but I never understood why people want to instantly dismiss anyone unhappy about any of the changes v:shobon:v

Saigyouji posted:

Ok, lesson learned, when the game tells me not to mess with Savage Enemies, I should not, in fact, mess with Savage Enemies.

Tell me about Savage enemies. Are they like FOE's in the Etrian games or something?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

The complaints would be better reviewed if the people who are making the complaints are reasonable human beings and not fanatics that equate covering boobs with government restriction of text and speech

Which hey is fine, I just think if someone goes "Man they sure are giving this the 4kids treatment" then that's also fine because let's be real, they totally are.

Saigyouji posted:

They're kinda like large Shadows in the Persona games. They're enemies from a higher dungeon level than you're currently on, as well as being several levels higher than they normally are, plus you can't knock them down on the field.

That sounds lovely :v:.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brother Entropy posted:

unless they started replacing guns with water guns or toy hammers and skipped multiple story arcs i don't think #fe is getting anywhere near a 4kids treatment

They're apparently trimming parts out of some stories/altering things so... they kind of are in a way :v:

I hope we have lollipops and water guns though.

I'm the stock image of a cracker

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 24, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oxxidation posted:

Per Nintendo Life:

So it looks like only some aesthetic stuff is being changed.

Fair enough, there's a few screenshots floating around of characters missing from a few scenes which lead me to believe that scenario's are getting rewrites. Most notable one I recall is some dude looming over a girl passed out on the couch, the party moving in to (I'm assuming) save her.

English version from the screens shown the girl on the couch was just gone though the dude was still standing over the couch with his back turned, group still moving in.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

10 seconds in and the characters are screaming Carnage Form and doing magical girl transformations jesus christ what have I gotten myself into with this video game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Legit complaint is that there are no subtitles during battles. I had the first boss fight and a unnamed character jumped in and had this long-ish line/speech and literally nothing came up. Killed the boss and he started shouting something or another while stumbling dramatically.

During fights themselves Chrom and the others are jabbering away and they really couldn't think of a solution for this?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think you're automatically given a good level up at certain points. In the first dungeon I was given such amazing stat growths such as +1 to magic on Tsubasa and like +1 to 2-3 different stats on Itsuki.

When they hit level 5 they got +1 at the least to everything with a few +2's and +3's randomly added in.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anatharon posted:

It DOES have teenagers in swimsuits.

This got censored apparently?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Other actual minor-ish nitpick is the sound effects for hitting things is super underwhelming (at least in cutscenes)

Had a character shoot some blast out and a massive flash happened with electricity everywhere and the sound to accompany such a devastating blow was basically someone popping a few bubbles on bubble wrap. Like there's a complete lack of impact and it really isn't conveying power or anything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How long is this game anyway? I just beat the Peg Knight thing and taught Tsubasa her song and it feels like the pace of this game is moving so fast that... I'm not actually sure what's left after this.

I figured the game would be about saving Tsubasa's Sister and figuring that mystery out but like a hour or so in I'm already going after her.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fair enough, just feels odd that the opening mystery is getting somewhat tackled first thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pirate Miku is literally the worst thing about this game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The character herself may be fine, the outfit is gross and bad though

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Costumes don't effect anything

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Okay seriously? I beat the first chapter boss and the change NoA made is actually confusing.

Aversa when you first see her looks normal, or as normal as weird purple monster centaur things can get. Then the anime cutscene happens and censorship smoke suddenly appears over her chest and looks really goofy. Suddenly your fighting her and the smoke is gone. What actually was the point?

Having fun regardless though. What's Touma's Stickers supposed to be anyway? Maiko has the drunk rabbit thing and Tiki has herself but I can't figure out what I'm looking at with his.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Moon Monster posted:

I tried searching for something that listed the differences, but all I could find was youtube videos. They all start with poo poo like VIDEOGAMES:siren:CENSORED:siren: and then I cringe so hard I pass out and when I wake up the video is over.

All characters are aged up to 18+

If a costume shows any skin they painted over it with chrome paint (look up the wedding dress)

Some scenes have random black clouds covering girls chests

There's a subplot of a demonic photographer that got altered somewhat and now all his photos are more tasteful, the character he kidnaps is also no longer in distress and is just sitting in the background bored

Swimsuit outfits are gone entirely and any scenes with them are also gone (instead the characters now have trendy clothes or in Maiko's case overalls??)

Some DLC is just straight up not getting sold here or bothered with (Typical Hot Springs anime scene or Beach scene or something like that)

Something about pelvis bones being gone or something I don't loving know

That's about all I've heard so far.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

This is hilariously untrue if you've actually played the game. They changed a few costumes but not remotely all.

Edit: Like, hell, Maiko and her giant-rear end improbably-wobbling boobs alone should disprove that.

This is also untrue. The character is being forced into a 'stylish' pose and looks distinctly uncomfortable when they snap out of it.

I can't speak for the others but those two in particular are just straight-up huge exaggerations at best.

I'm just going off the pictures I've seen off the videos he mentioned :v:v

Tae posted:

Maybe next time someone that actually played the game can confirm this because this is how non-fanatics get roped into their side.

I can confirm the cloud covering girls thing is still in (for a single scene which is funny as hell), and there's photos of everything else ontop of what ImpAtom clarified. They also confirmed we won't be getting the DLC at E3 (I believe? It was some press event).

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 25, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I liked Reincarnation but most of the music so far has just kind of sounded like typical Jrpg music to me.

I expected battles to have lyrics because for once they have a actual excuse for it but nope. (And for the record, not saying it's bad. It's just been kinda there.)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I knocked them down I was sometimes getting normal starts. I knocked them down and walked into them from behind and have gotten nonstop first strikes sense so I figured that was it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hate cameras

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

The people who it matters to are upset they can't masturbate to a teenage in a bikini so to be honest I don't have a ton of sympathy for them.

That or I guess they're very very very big enthusiasts of a very specific wedding dress but I'm not particularly jumping to give benefit of the doubt to the mysteriously large group of wedding dress enthusiasts who can't enjoy a game without it.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard you say jfc.

Not everyone wants to uncensor a game to jerk it (though those people do exist). Maybe some people just find the changes really unnecessary and just want the original game? Like come on dude, I'd probably do it myself if A: I knew how in the first place and B: It let me keep Tsubasa's outfit from Chapter 2.

If people want to remove boob smoke or whatever then let them :shrug:.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinity Gaia posted:

Artists -> Select Character you want to reorder skills for -> Hit Y -> Hit A -> Reorganize at will

I'm not the guy that asked but seriously thank you. It was bugging me how they were all listed out at random :argh:

If I choose to forget a skill can I just equip it and swap abilities in and out or do I need to go back to a weaker weapon and relearn it entirely?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

The changes are almost universally to things made for people to jerk it to. The "I want the original game" argument doesn't work when you're playing the translated version which by definition isn't the original version and (barring a full retranslation which I really doubt) isn't even a literal translation of the Japanese version.

If you want the original version you would be importing the Japanese release. You don't. You want a translated version and are okay with all the dialogue changes and localization that comes with that, just as long as it has titties.

The thing is people can understand the english script- they most likely can't understand the Japanese script. I wouldn't want to import a long JRPG that I couldn't understand to get around censors- but if you told me all I had to do was download a file and that's literally it and I can turn my legal English copy to the Japanese version but I get to keep the script readable then sure why not? What's wrong with giving people a choice in what they want?

It's literally saying that you should default to being happy about literally any change made dude. Also Wii-U is region locked so importing would kind of be a tall order v:v:v

E: Actually you do realize all the patch does is put the original Japanese content back in and keeps the English NoA script right (It just changes Aversa's cutscene, the wedding dress, etc)? It kind of sounds like you think it's a entire re-translation or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 26, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

You're fine with not being happy with changes but the patch isn't resolving those changes. It's just putting anime tits back in. That is where the "I just want the original" argument falls apart unless literally the only part of the original you care about is an underage girl in a bikini.

No. I said literally the exact opposite in fact. The fact that it keeps the English script is why the "I just want the original" argument fails, because the English script is heavily localized.

Why was the game edited so heavily in the first place then? Like originally it was "chill all they're doing is giving the characters new outfits instead of just bikini's or whatever". Now it's "They've rewritten entire plots/subplots of the game so it's impossible to toggle a version you want without it being silly."

If it's Fates Facerubbing I can understand that getting taken out but half the poo poo here really is boggling and I can't blame people for wanting things to go back to how it was and I'm not gonna just dismiss everyone as perverts and tell them to import a wii-u and a japanese copy of the game as a result.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Motto posted:

the fact that the changes to chapter 2 were relatively extensive compared to inconsistent boobflames or paintbucket texture edits probably means that the devs were involved and probably agreed that it worked better this way.

Trying to find the post again but from what I recall

Nintendo tried to say that Atlus was the one doing the changes. Guy at Atlus said "no it's totally Nintendo demanding we change this in the west." So I kinda doubt that, I mean we probably wouldn't have stuff like Mara from SMT if Atlus got hung up on things like bikini's.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lessail posted:

Doesn't seem all that boggling :shrug:

I didn't say all of it :v:

Out of what's listed I don't understand why they had to include boobsmoke for one scene that goes away before and after said scene. There's literally no point to it. Same with the goofy vagina bones or whatever meme that's going around now.

I don't understand why they would have to change a traditional wedding dress either- that's a complete mystery to me as I've seen the normal version and... it's perfectly fine?

I don't get why they'd skip out on DLC as well just to keep people from seeing characters in swimwear- both guys and girls. Especially after they've all been aged up.

For the modeling thing- I don't understand what it means in Japan outside the fact that it's apparently a culture thing that wouldn't fly over here so sure, whatever. I'm fine with gross stuff that slides in Japan getting changed. It's the goofy things above that I don't get.

SylvainMustach posted:

I'm officially super lost in the Camera dungeon.

I love these types of games but I always get super lost. It's sort of good because it forces me to grind a lot but I cannot find my way out. I Know it'll hit me in the face when I see it.

If it makes you feel better the layout is ultra confusing in general. I've opened up a handful of shortcuts and I legit have no idea where said shortcuts even lead.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 26, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Regy Rusty posted:

I love this game

This is powerful

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished the boss of chapter 2 pretty easily. Not sure if Normal is too easy or just right because he kinda went down like a total chump and I'm fairly sure I'm not overleveled or anything.

I had one wipe so far but that's because I tackled a savage enemy and instead of trying to run went "Nah I want this to happen."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

May give it a shot then.

Also I like how the Topic profile changes based on side stories. I just got the hangover medicine for Maiko and the scene ended with everyone going "woo!" and having a good time. Opened up her topic and she apologized for it but her description was like "poo poo kids giving me trouble for coming in drunk #ughhhh"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is "Here I Go" the only sticker Touma has

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I noticed that a few weapons were close to being mastered so I spent like a hour and a half grinding at the start of Dungeon 3 so I don't get too far in and have to go back midway.

It wasn't until after I had already done that that I realized you can just mass make weapons and equip them whenever from the pause screen :suicide:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hey, at least all that grinding at the start of Dungeon 3 got you plenty of 3-Star Prestige. Unless you're counting the Prologue dungeon in that, in which case, lol.

Nah, Chapter 3

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What is charge anyway? I got Gaia's Whisper and it mentions having Charge for 2 turns and a whole buncha buffs and I wasn't sure if it was the typical JRPG "Next turn does 2x damage" or what

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinity Gaia posted:

I literally just wrote what they do, man. More than doubles the physical damage of the next session that character initiates. Touma getting it for 2 turns makes him insanely powerful against things weak to lances.

I somehow misread that line, I'm dumb as hell :negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What is the gimmick with dungeon 4? I started it and I'm not really getting this whole layout thing

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man dungeon 4 sucks. Literally every enemy is weak to Thunder or Axe only so if I want sessions kicked off I better use Itsuki/Ellie/Mamori

I feel like the other 3 are falling behind but every time I swap them in and see that I won't get get my 5-6 session I decide to swap back.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sometimes I forget that Chrom and Caeda or in this game

They just never say anything or show up unlike all the others- Chrom's just some radar voice at best.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yashiro's hair and tiara thing are making me want to vomit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pastel Power in chapter 4 just made it "Boss doesn't get a turn. Ever."

By the time I had all 3 bars gone and couldn't use it anymore the boss was halfway dead and was struggling to catch up. I did get ReTAKE'd once though

Also in regards to who the boss is was Excellus that popular in Japan or something? He(?)/She(??) was super one off and forgettable so seeing him mentioned at all is absolutely baffling. What a dumb choice.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 5, 2016

• Locked thread