Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr E posted:

Should I just get this digital and put it on my external HD due to load times? Otherwise I'll pick it up on the way home from work tomorrow.
Scuttlebutt is that's a good idea if you have the option... but you still only save maybe a third of the time?

wow the severe E;FB, why does the forum not load the latest posts when I ask it :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

whaley posted:

This is the best, everyone complained Nintendo was censoring the titties in this. I'd really like to know where those are among the millions of other big jiggly titties in this game
Yeah there really is no shortage of that, if this is the 'toned down' version then lol

Game is very silly and somewhat SMT, everything I expected really

Set it on Easy without any guilt despite the description. I know how SMT goes you cagey fucks

Cake Attack posted:

how much of the combat dialogue you understand without subs just from watching anime is the purest test of your character imo
hell, even if you don't you can get a feeling from the tone of their voice, everyone hams it up

I am guessing there's about zero chance but a later patch to add in subtitles there would be great though, at least for the bits that aren't just something like "yeah hit that guy"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SylvainMustach posted:

i'm going to guess that it's from something Persona since I haven't played any of those yet.
that was a very brave thing to admit on these forums :ohdear:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rorus Raz posted:

Basically it's real easy to follow and play;

It's otherwise a fairly standard (and good) RPG where you go in a dungeon, solve mild puzzles while fighting baddies, and then kill a few bosses along the way.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Chapter 2 boss killed me in three turns

turn 1: summons goons

turn 2: the two axe fighters oneshot Tsubasa and Touma

turn 3: Boss got a critical hit and oneshots Iskuki from full HP (did 413 damage so it overkilled by about 35 HP).

loving destroyed.
trap sprung :black101:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tae posted:

I shouldn't be surprised, but there's already a patch to "uncensor" the game. Including apparently changing gameplay improvements.

lol @ the dumb poo poo who inevitably gets banned from online for hacking in booby outfits

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

AlphaKretin posted:

How hard is my rear end going to be kicked with no experience in the SMT/Persona series?
About the same really, you're gonna get surprised occasionally even if you know it can happen, and the chaining technique is easy enough to learn. But you can save anywhere in this one, and you get warnings before bosses and the other tough enemies are noticeably different so it's really on your head if you die to them and didn't save.

Plus they give you the exit spell super early on so there's no excuse for dying by attrition either

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 27, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

Can some people seriously not stand to hear a language they can't understand?
Some people don't get anything from intonation, probably the same people you hear read off a prepared text completely monotone despite not having any trouble understanding the words or meaning. I guess it's fair to say people don't all process language the same way.

I suppose some people are just afraid of someone overhearing cartoon girls squealing though

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

if a couple replies counts as harassment now, just shut down the loving internet

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Seems like a miracle we got it at all, hoping for a sequel already is bound to be a letdown

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

At least there still Persona 5
I can't wait for the Purse Owner vs Performa wars

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

geez, I lose ONE savage encounter and the game is all "maybe you should try Ultra Baby Mode :smug:"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

AlphaKretin posted:

Quite so, though I've heard the numbers don't include digital copies. It was, what, about 15k?

sweet christ on a crutch those are worse than Battleborn numbers, how did it ever get localized

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cake Attack posted:

Mamori you are a very sweet girl but you really don't need to be jumping in front of attacks when you're weak to them and also almost dead
There really needs to be a way to turn that 'skill' off

I think I might just never unlock it, I only knew it's coming up because I watched some guy get owned by it repeatedly

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yinlock posted:

EDIT2: The load times weren't a problem for me at all, but then again I eshopped it. It only got kinda iffy in Chapter 5/6 Shibuya, and that's because there's like a zillion things to load there(and it still did it pretty fast)
The load times don't feel any slower on disc version than the average JRPG I've played, so I really don't understand where the gripes came from in the first place. Now play Fallout 4 on consoles, there are some lovely load times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Arrrthritis posted:

So is the game good? Should I buy it now or wait for a price drop?
what price drop, it's a Wii U game

• Locked thread