Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tokyo Mirage Session, previously known as SMT X Fire Emblem is pretty much a new Persona game with you gaining a PersonaPerforma for each character based on a Fire Emblem character like Chrom or Cain.

The game is set in modern Tokyo, with the main character and his best friend being attacked by Mirages who are going around killing humans for the performa energy.

Gameplay is pretty much like Persona 4 with various magic enemies can be weak to, but with the weapon triangle from Fire Emblem (sword beats axe, axe beats spear, spear beats sword) in as well. Hitting a enemy with a weakness skill can cause a combo attack if your party member has a skill for Sword or Zio equipped in their Support Slot, with any other party member with that skill also joining in. There also a idol attack as well, but I only seen that in the video below.

Leveling in the game is like Fire Emblem with your character gaining random stats, so each playthrough one character can be way stronger then the last time. Unlike Persona 3 and 4 you keep the base Performa your character has for the whole game, but now gain more skills for them with the weapon you have equipped, with new ones can be crafted at Tiki's Garden from monster parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Gav2j_DTY

It's out now for the WiiU for disc and digital for $60. Digital is suppose to have faster load times if you are concern about them. There is a few DLCs on Day One,.

There also a special edition out for $80 with the following:

Rirse fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Played about a hour of it (to the first boss) and I am loving it. I do hope some of the stuff from this are over in Persona 5, like the ability to avoid enemies by knocking them down (instead of going straight to battle). Kinda wish the battle music had some cheesey rap in it like Persona 3/4 but otherwise this game is well worth playing.

How many party members are there anyway?

By the way, I am playing on a disc copy and the load times feel perfectly normal. Did they increase them from the JP version that a lot of people said to get the digital version on that release?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Now that I actually got to play it, I updated the OP with a bit more information along with some screenshots posted in the thread.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking outfits, is there a list of what you can get in the game. Hard to search for it, as results tend to be about the censorship crap.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like Chrom's look in this. I wouldn't mind his costume as a reaper costume in Overwatch.

• Locked thread