Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I've had:
Tonsils out
Molar removed
Deviated septum repair (too many broken noses)
Three spinal surgeries the last being a spinal fusion L4-5
Hammer toe repaired

That's all I can think of for now. What have you had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i had a brain tumor removed a few years ago and it turned out to be sentient so I raised it like a child and that is how my son King of Bees was born

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
I had my tonsils out and my veins and bones reconstructed in my right arm. legend has it they used admantium :smug:

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Putty posted:

i had a brain tumor removed a few years ago and it turned out to be sentient so I raised it like a child and that is how my son King of Bees was born

the tumor doesn't fall far from the tree

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i have titanium rods fused to my spine

if i was a super hero id be really tough back man

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Tonsils

Adenoids

Clavicle resection after flying (very poorly) off a motorcycle down into someone's yard from an elevated road.

Polyps and lesions removed from rectum

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I had knee surgery and walked out of the hospital 3 hours later like a bad-rear end. Read: dumbass

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i had my head removed from my rear end

it didn't take

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I've only had open heart surgery (median sternotomy) twice. No other surgeries.

Aortic Valve Replacement #1 - Had my natural valve replaced w/ a st.jude prosthetic at 15
Aortic Valve Replacement #2 - Had my prosthetic replaced with another prosthetic at 28 because the old one was too small

Hopefully that's the last one of those for a while. I've otherwise been in decent health, but it turns out a bum aorta valve is a big deal and wrecks your life until it gets replaced. I've lost like 5 years of my life to that poo poo (13-15, 25-28). The contrast when you have one that's properly sized is ridiculous. It's like getting 10 years younger in your mind, but in reality it's probably like going from being 80 years old to 20 years old again.

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
Had to have your mom surgically removed from my penis.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i do not have an appendix

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

psychokitty posted:

i had my head removed from my rear end

it didn't take

It was a success for me

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It was a success for me

:chloe:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wisdom teeth

Nasal septum

If you can get nasal septum corrected do it

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Nasal septum

tell that to my loud nose-breather husband before i loving murder him

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

just ray posted:

the tumor doesn't fall far from the tree

you leave me and my son alone, tree racist

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Skin graft, left arm from knocking over a pot of boiling water as a kid. Barely missed my face, and I got lucky there's only a small portion visible when I wear a short sleeved shirt. My bicep and part of my shoulder look like Freddy Krueger's skin

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Putty posted:

I love you dad

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
In preschool i fell on a rock and needed stitches on the back on my neck. I didn't cry at all, 100% hard from day 1

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

King of Bees posted:

I've had:
Tonsils out
Molar removed
Deviated septum repair (too many broken noses)
Three spinal surgeries the last being a spinal fusion L4-5
Hammer toe repaired

That's all I can think of for now. What have you had?

Why do people keep punching you in the face? You seem like a nice guy and even went to the UK and thought it was ok even though its a slimly bog land full of bog monsters.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Wisdom teeth

Nasal septum

I have a deviated septum and thought about this at one point after my allergy doctor mentioned it. Did you have sinus infections and did it help out? What was the recovery like? Only person I know IRL that had it done was a former coworker who said it sucked but was happy afterward.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I went down to mexico to get a new set of lungs and liver installed becaues i smoke and drink too much

medical tourism is legit.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
I had to have a valve installed in my brain to pump off excess fluids.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

dick transplant

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I have a deviated septum and thought about this at one point after my allergy doctor mentioned it. Did you have sinus infections and did it help out? What was the recovery like? Only person I know IRL that had it done was a former coworker who said it sucked but was happy afterward.

My deviated septum was fixed but it didn't do anything for me. Recovery was easy/painless.

Although I have weird polyps growing in my left sinus that I need to get surgically removed every two months and that's probably why it didn't help.

Also had tonsils, carpal tunnel, and wisdom teeth surgery.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
my diet was really crappy while i was on vacation so i was straining a lot when i went poop. this apparently somehow caused an abscess on my butthole. i assumed it was just a hemmorhoid or something, so i let it go a bit too far. turns out it started to tunnel and the infection was a day or two from entering my bloodstream and killing me. so after surgery i was in the hospital for like 2 weeks and they gave me some awesome painkillers and yeah. i saved like half of them so i can get high sometimes. overall pretty good experience. though i lost a lot of my precious gains during recovery. im just now, 5 months later, back to where i once was

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

my diet was really crappy while i was on vacation so i was straining a lot when i went poop. this apparently somehow caused an abscess on my butthole. i assumed it was just a hemmorhoid or something, so i let it go a bit too far. turns out it started to tunnel and the infection was a day or two from entering my bloodstream and killing me. so after surgery i was in the hospital for like 2 weeks and they gave me some awesome painkillers and yeah. i saved like half of them so i can get high sometimes. overall pretty good experience. though i lost a lot of my precious gains during recovery. im just now, 5 months later, back to where i once was

lol not buying that at all, nice excuse for dildoing out your own rear end in a top hat

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

your butthole almost killed you

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Since the op has been probated he pmed me a new surgery story:

"Oh, if you have time tell the surgery thread I cut off my left pointer finger to the point it was hanging by the lower skin. They put rubber bands and shitn in there and after many years it's as good as new 😄"

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
never had any surgeries

guess you're all officially old if you wanna discuss your health problems

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Ein cooler Typ posted:

never had any surgeries

guess you're all officially old if you wanna discuss your health problems

i like shuffleboard irl

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

vols bitch posted:

i like shuffleboard irl

Hoveround vs Rascal

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hoveround vs Rascal

hoveround had better commercials so im going with them

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm getting a disgusting open cyst/abscess caused by cancer so it may actually be a tumor removed from in between my left ear and left eye. Happening on Monday. Hoping it works out or that I die painlessly.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I never had issues with sinus infections but I couldn't dive very effectively below 20 feet cause I couldn't equalize. I suspect that was the reason why. It sounds like the worst thing that used to happen is they'd excavate too much material when they corrected ti and people would end up with "empty nose syndrome" where they feel like they have stuffed noses perpetually because, ironically, their doctors got too excited. That poo poo has been solved for years though.

Recovery was pretty brutal. I woke up from the surgery in extreme pain, got dilauid. They stuffed tampon sized tea bags into both my nostrils for a week or so, with straws for draining. They didn't drain though, and that is okay. It just meant I didn't have to wear paper towels to bed or something. You can't sleep on your back completely horizontal for that week though and that sucks. They pulled them out and it was hosed up how big they were. I thought tampon sized, but they had 'wings' on them. Jesus. I kept hitting the time limits on my dosages for my vicodin. It was a rough week.

The loving clots and poo poo that came out the second week were insane. I can't believe the crap that came outta my sinuses and body.

Worth it though. Can sleep much better. Can actually blow my nose now. (used to just give me headaches, go figure) and a friend I met after said my voice sounded deeper. Maybe slightly, I heard that can happen. Less nasally... not that it was nerd-voice before or anything.

Find a good ENT and have her check it out. Totally worth it. I would do it again.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My deviated septum was fixed but it didn't do anything for me. Recovery was easy/painless.

Although I have weird polyps growing in my left sinus that I need to get surgically removed every two months and that's probably why it didn't help.

Also had tonsils, carpal tunnel, and wisdom teeth surgery.
Jesus dude. That sucks :(

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 23, 2016

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I got a pilonidal cyst which is apparently the gooniest of diseases.

They removed my entire asscrack down to the pelvis and it had to be stuffed with new gauze every day.

Boy having gauze torn off of a place with no skin really hurt a lot :)

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I had:
Mole removal (three on my neck)
Wisdom teeth
Septoplasty with turbinate reduction
Oh and a colonoscopy at 22 years old.

That's all. Looking forward to my autopsy.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

vols bitch posted:

i like shuffleboard irl

shuffleboard owns tho

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Runaktla posted:

I'm getting a disgusting open cyst/abscess caused by cancer so it may actually be a tumor removed from in between my left ear and left eye. Happening on Monday. Hoping it works out or that I die painlessly.

Good luck, surgery goon.

I have had :

Hypospadias repair

Removal of osteoma from skull

Removal of neuromoa from skull

Had an endoscopy which isn't really surgery but they still twilight you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

came out of the womb with a collapsed lung, so my first few days on this earth was spent in the ICU with a tube in my chest

wisdom teeth removal

• Locked thread