Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ok i rewatched the entire thing this morning

one thing to me is clear

hallie barry's character def stuffed those diamonds in her mom wallet

diamonds are octopussy

9/11 was an inside job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

simplefish posted:

Bond films are for 12-year-olds. If you want proper spy stuff go watch Alec Guiness in Tinker Tailor or Smiley's People. Otherwise leave the cheese and outlandish gadgets and over the top villains in megapalaces/lairs to Bond, where the car must be the star for at least 20 mins

Does the stick in ur butt hurt when you sit down

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Android Bicyclist posted:

LOL at this movie but the best part is Halle Berry's double entendre about fellating Pierce Brosnan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml75GSIY8mw&t=123s
2:03 in

I don't know where we started believing Halle Berry was a good actress, I'm convinced she just mesmerized us with her booboos

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Lazenby was the best Bond

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

just ray posted:

you seem very mad about it

not really, just lots of posters seem to act all surprised when they post that omg guys a comic spy action drama series somehow isn't deadly serious can you believe it guys?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Just watched Spectre and it was all right

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Does the stick in ur butt hurt when you sit down

i think you misunderstand, I like bond, but I have no delusions about what it is

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Clipperton posted:

Just watched Spectre and it was all right

I don't like it because Sam Mendes thought dragging a story along in Skyfell was a good idea, so he did it again in Spectre. Congratulations, you made a really boring Bond film.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
James Bond better go to space in the next film

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I rewatched Quantum of Solace and it wasn't so bad on further review. Sky fall was ok. Haven't seen spectre yet I'll update the thread after I've seen it (mods pls close thread until I've seen Spectre...spanks in advance).

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

Kuato posted:

I rewatched Quantum of Solace and it wasn't so bad on further review. Sky fall was ok. Haven't seen spectre yet I'll update the thread after I've seen it (mods pls close thread until I've seen Spectre...spanks in advance).

A James Bond movie about water. This film and any one of the films starring Timothy Dalton are the worst Bond films, IMO.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Die Another Day also has the worst James Bond opening sequence. It was like up-beat pop music, and after I saw it (and the movie) don't think I watched another bond film until I caught Skyfall on TV, which was decent. I still haven't gone back to watch Craig's first 2, but he seems like a decent Bond.

*On a side note, in a previous bond thread in GBS, someone said something to the effect of, 'Skyfall proves that Bond films are becoming more feminist because Moneypenny is a strong black woman who can drive a car all reckless, and she shot bond.' Nevermind that Bond has two other female FWB in that movie: The first one is just some hot woman that hes bangin' in a straw hut, who has no lines and he ditches immediately, the second is his contact with Silva who has boat-shower sex with Bond and gets shot 5 minutes later.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Superior Bastard posted:

A James Bond movie about water. This film and any one of the films starring Timothy Dalton are the worst Bond films, IMO.

Those two are pretty good also, I might have to rewatch those two as well in the meantime.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hector Beerlioz posted:

idk what you're asking for, Halle Berry is in it

Yeah but she remains clothed throughout. What's the deal with you, do you even have testes? Jesus

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

james bond freakin rules!!!!!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The only truly terrible Bond film, that isn't even fun on a "Holy poo poo what the gently caress is going on" level is Die Another Day.

Craig's Bond flicks are Just a classier Bourne Identity with way hotter chicks and alcholoism replacing amnesia angst, but it could be argued they're the same thing

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

KomodoWagon posted:

Yeah but she remains clothed throughout. What's the deal with you, do you even have testes? Jesus

Well, in that case try the Flintstones movie

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Spectre gets really cartoonish and I don't know why. Craig was supposed to be the "gritty, realistic" bond, and he fires one bullet and a whole evil secret base explodes. And there's a Very Important Timer, and when the heroes stop it then suddenly there's a Different Important Timer, because apparently there's no way to create tension in a story besides watching for someone's cookies to come out of the oven.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

spectre started out good and shat the bed real hard

the only thing that was good after the first half hour or so was batista on a train wrecking poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Ejector seat, you're joking

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

e: oh nvmd

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 27, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Whatever it was it must have scared-
*camera zooms in*
-the living daylights...out of them.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Mayday: "Wow, what a view!"

Zorin: "To a kill..."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my name? you can just call me the in-spectre. inspectre gadget, to be precise. inspectre gadget clouseau

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

im gaye posted:

e: oh nvmd

I saw that

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
oh, that? that's just scruffy, my pet octopussy. don't rub his tummy though or he'll inject venom through his tentacles

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i could use some ocotopussy if you catch my drift

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i can't even imagine a movie being made these days called 'octopussy'

might as well call it 'shrimpdick' or 'squidcunt' or something

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i put myself through college dancing under the name shrimpdick

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mozi posted:

How about when 007 rapes the gay out of Pussy Galore?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
that's the kind of covert action that won the war

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mozi posted:

They did make Octocock

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Banks don't open on Sunday, Goldfinger!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i want to watch goldfinger tonight

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I'd pay big fat sacks of cash to see Warwick Davis as the next Bond.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I like old rear end man Q. I also like goony nerd Q. I guess I like guys who hand out gadgets.

E: I still can't believe there's actually a character named Pussy Galore. Bond owns.

best friend massage
Sep 12, 2010
lol if your fave bond movie isn't Moonraker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-vM-4f9Vjk

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

numberoneposter posted:

i want to watch goldfinger tonight

v good movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

The poor boat man died for nothing. Way to make him row your stealth speedboat James, you rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread