Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Ever think about that? If you turn around right now, I can give you about a 85% chance there's a spider back there. Make sure to look above your head, too. Don't you just hate that itchy feeling you get when you start thinking about spiders and a dust mote so much as lands on you?

One time I was taking a poo poo in an unfinished bathroom we were modeling and had a large, two-inch wide wolf spider run out from under the toilet seat and utilize my rear end cheeks as an expedient bridge to the other side of the seat. It somehow managed to avoid both my dangling sack and the crowning turd that was the sole thing preventing me from leaping up and sprinting screaming from the horrible caress of a creature on my most vulnerable of parts. The threat of 'butt spiders' became a running joke in our work crew after that. Always lift the seat first, friends.

Another time when I was about twelve I helped a relative clear out his storage unit after he got divorced. He hadn't been in there in months and the thing had been infested with hundreds of pholcid spiders. Every box I picked up would have spiders streaming off by strands of web, many holding engorged egg sacs in their jaws. The less pleasant experience were the ones who decided going up beat going down and used by arms as their path. By the end of the day I'd become so desensitized that I didn't even notice them crawling on my head unless they wandered onto my face.

What's your most memorable spider experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Nooner posted:

SPIDER SUCKKKKK

This is true since they lack the mouthparts to eat any other way.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

notZaar posted:

I live in a cold peace with my 200 spider roommates, although the only bug they don't eat are the ants those are what is actually pissing me off.

When I lived near the equator I discovered the a-bomb for ants. Get a gecko. Get three geckos. Let those dudes free range around the house and you won't have spiders or ants anymore. Plus they're quiet and adorable.

Robot Pride posted:

Is one of them named "Steve?" I would name one of them "Steve" because I think that's a funny name for a spider.

Hey, OP, camel spiders, bro:

Sleep tight, boss.

These guys are gross but they mostly stay to themselves at least. Can they even really climb? I just made sure my blanket didn't touch the ground at night so they couldn't get in the bed and cuddle up with me. I tried hitting one with a fire axe one time but it escaped under a hut when I was getting the axe out of my truck so I got cockblocked :(

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

When I lived on Sri Lanka we had geckos all around they house, I loved those goofy fuckers

I actually never saw many spiders around the house now that I think about it, the geckos had no chance against the death swarms of fire ants though

:whatup: geckbro

There was always this big line of ants in the bar shitter going from a crack in the wall down to the trash can filled with empty cups and beer. Every time I walked in there would be two or three fat, lazy geckos just standing next to it chowing down on every tenth or so ant.

I always wonder how drunk those ants and geckos were getting from living in an alcohol-based ecosystem.

• Locked thread