Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

#FE is game of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

oh dang Callie Marie i get it

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiii

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love it when a game makes me feel physically ill

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kewpuh posted:

is that the rpg thats 2d and has the characters with the enormous tits because i think i have it already and didnt care for it but those tits man, they were huge

How were you even a games mod

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's Persona with FE characters instead of demons

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The existence of one bad game does not make all their games bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raserys posted:

it sucks that any discussion of Fates has to be prefaced with "but the plot is terrible" when the gameplay is like the best in the series

People who play J and SRPG's tend to be interested in the plot of games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

surely there's a character limit for unit names ??

You can shorten FactsAreUseless to FAU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Congrats to Jojo for completing its transition to trash-tier normie poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope nobody here actually uses stuff like "normie" unironically because if they do, that's lame as hell and is literally dumb little hipster poo poo if they're legit mad that the thing they like is liked by other people

Nah, I don't care, I just find it funny that something 30 years old and super obscure outside of Japan until a couple of years ago is now suddenly on goons 'one of the good ones' list

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Jojo was never that obscure, it's one of the biggest names in shonen and anyone who's even taken a passing glance at anime that wasn't airing on saturday mornings has at least heard of the bad anime it had like 20 years ago. The real problem was that it had a bad anime and bad scanlations so it was tougher to get into than something like Fist of the North Star.

Acting hipstery about knowing Jojo before it was cool is like me saying I played Metal Gear before MGS5.

You sure know a lot for someone who hates anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PBS Newshour posted:

Will Smith's Lucifer also lounges around in a Led Zeppelin shirt despie it being the 1910's

Satan knows what's up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who composed all the good NES Megaman music and where are they now??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really wish there was a better skip text option in ZTD, philosophical musings on paradoxes went by a lot better when they were as fast as I could read, rather than having people dialogue at me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You're only hurting yourself

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snak posted:

God damnit why don't they ever released these on loving console?

I have always wanted to play a monster hunter game, but I don't do handheld gaming.

Because only Japan really cares about Monster Hunter and Japan doesn't do console gaming anymore.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

6 was the first one I played and I'll defend it to the death even though the combat is crap and half the characters plot lines don't go anywhere

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Joe Gillian posted:

Let's not act as if all CAPCOM sees is anything but.

They cancelled sure fire money-spinner MegaMan Legends 3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who, me???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Hmm. What are the good Monster Hunter games on PC? I've never played one before

Toukiden Kiwami is on PC but I think the port is poo poo. I preferred that to any of the MH games I've tried.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

More often than not in fact

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Red Bones posted:

I just finished the 1+ year old game, Life is Strange, and I just wanted to say that the ending was terrible and it made me angry because I had to go through a bunch of lovely puzzles/quick time events and an entire game about changing situations to get better outcomes, only for the plot to decide that destiny is real and you can't fix things, or the universe will get spiteful and kill thousands of people with a tornado. Thinking about it, I think the reason it grates on me so much is because the game's mechanics are all telling you to change the past to secure a better outcome, so it feels really cheap when it then turns around and chastises you for doing so in an incredibly excessive and obnoxious way. I didn't want to resurrect the life is strange thread just to complain about the game, so I chose to complain here instead. I hope everyone else's weekend features better videogames than mine has so far.

Yeah, the end was pretty lovely, I liked it up to then though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Funny you should say that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Pondering how we've never had a really had a good werewolf video game.

Altered Beast

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Pondering how we've never had a really had a good werewolf video game.

Bloodborne

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The worst part about having to sleep is that it's time I could be playing video games.

I counter that by not sleeping and regretting it very much, right now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I always heard cheese before bedtime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think I spent a solid month earlier this year having my dreams set in Dark Souls

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not sure whether Penny Arcade used to be good or I was just younger

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally, something to look forward to now I've finished ZTD

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's being treated as (free) DLC for the main game and I guess they review DLC

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Mann posted:

Everything about this.

What an amazingly original observation

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People will sit on Twitch watching LobosJR attempt to beat Oceiros at level 1 for four hours so they'll sit and watch anything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Exioce posted:

I've never played a Zelda game. I have a Wii and a 3ds with all the native Zelda games including some virtual console oldies picked up in the sales. I am an old man with slow physical and mental reactions now that life's responsibilities have caught up with me. Which Zelda game would you guys recommend I start with?

If you have a N3DS get A Link to the Past which is the actual best one
I think it's on Wii VC too but would probably be crap to control unless you have a classic controller.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sad that I can't enjoy Majora's Mask due my crippling phobia of any game with a time limit, even if it's artificial and easily circumvented.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who the hell does that apply to? 'Skip this game if you're not into playing games with your hands'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

How was okamiden

It was okay, like it didn't play any worse or anything, it was just kind of soulless

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

:toot: Now to become the best in the world.

Become unstoppable

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My only problem with 3D Dot Game Heroes is it has a bunch of Tales-esque time sensitive quests that no one would ever be able to complete without using a guide or obsessively talking to every single character whenever the plot progressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chumbucket is your friend.

Do not forget the 'h' when typing that.

• Locked thread