Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how is everyone enjoying their "the stuff that you ordered showed up" day? unless you ordered in the evening then that day is tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I didn't buy anything so I have nothing to look forward to.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I banned Amazon for a year for poo poo customer service. Just recently started using them again and had a Prime account.

A few days ago I got an email advertising a promotion for Prime day; use a promo code and get $30 off orders of $150 or more.

So I bought a $150 item and it wouldn't let me use the code. I called up customer support and they hemmed and hawed for a bit and then said they weren't going to allow me to use the promotion on Prime Day items. Nowhere in the fine print for this _prime day promotion_ did it say I couldn't use it for Prime Day items.

I went ahead and canceled my Prime account and Amazon is banned again. I'll give em another shot in 2018. Back to paying the exact same prices on goods elsewhere....

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

revmoo posted:

I banned Amazon for a year for poo poo customer service. Just recently started using them again and had a Prime account.

A few days ago I got an email advertising a promotion for Prime day; use a promo code and get $30 off orders of $150 or more.

So I bought a $150 item and it wouldn't let me use the code. I called up customer support and they hemmed and hawed for a bit and then said they weren't going to allow me to use the promotion on Prime Day items. Nowhere in the fine print for this _prime day promotion_ did it say I couldn't use it for Prime Day items.

I went ahead and canceled my Prime account and Amazon is banned again. I'll give em another shot in 2018. Back to paying the exact same prices on goods elsewhere....

good idea, im going to start banning some websites too

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6K_3WZ78Yg

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Parallax Scroll posted:

good idea, im going to start banning some websites too

Amazon is in kitty jail

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Parallax Scroll posted:

how is everyone enjoying their "the stuff that you ordered showed up" day? unless you ordered in the evening then that day is tomorrow

Day is tomorrow.
Got this for $80 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQR6H0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

revmoo posted:

Can Amazon just pay $10 to get their account with you back?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

revmoo posted:

I went ahead and canceled my Prime account and Amazon is banned again.

It's almost as though you feel impotent here on SA and pretend to be a moderator of your own bookmarks.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That's a nice watch but the band is loving terrible

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

That band is pretty bad. I have a Citizen with a similar band (in black) and I hate it. Thanks for the reminder to shop for a new one!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you'd better watch it or you'll end up band

this post brought to you by Citizen's new AT0200-05E eco-drive luxury armband timepiece solution

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mozi posted:

you'd better watch it or you'll end up band

hey not bad

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I got a half-terrabyte Sandisk SSD for like $90, and a new pair of Keens for $55. I'm happy as a clam.

I also got a hitch for my CRV, but that's boring.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

bradzilla posted:

That's a nice watch but the band is loving terrible

True, that is why I also ordered a couple new bands ;)

This:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ESNT32/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014GU6K2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will see which I like the mostest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

revmoo posted:

Lol I used the code on tuesday after it expired and this morning they emailed me unprompted saying they saw I used it and it didn't work so they added $30 to my account.

Thanks for bothering them for me.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 14, 2016

• Locked thread