Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ghetto Prince posted:

I'm still terrified that we're going to gently caress it up somehow and elect Trump.

Embrace the inevitable friend. The glorious golden fire will consume us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's the same people concern trolling every single loving time. Stop responding to them as if they actually want to talk in good faith.

Last I checked he didn't have an anime avatar. Makes you think.

Edit: Remember when you were a Sanders supporter? those were the days of low information.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 1, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man it must be something else to be a trump supporter; to live completely in the moment and be freed from the burden of ever worrying about whether he is going to emphatically contradict himself a few days later.

That isn't what they worry about. They worry about whether or not a minority has used this public toilet since it was last cleaned

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

It might have been cleaned by a minority so then what?!

Did they wear gloves?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

USPol: We need a fascist dictator who will gas those I do not like.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

xrunner posted:

Just so you know, your efforts were not in vain... I bought this. Psycho Shower Scene Hillary is too beautiful to die on page 10.

Did you add the text too?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

xrunner posted:

What does your heart tell you?

that you bought an avatar that many will get for free the end of this week.

Trabisnikof posted:

You really want to disenfranchise the 39% of blacks who say states rights was the primary cause of the civil war? Or is this just a "willingness to lie to get to vote" test and people are expected to give the "right answer" regardless of nuance?

How dark is their skin?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They do not really want an intelligence test. They are using it to sound reasonable. What they want is to ban white people from voting. Why even talk about an intelligence test? Just come out and embrace it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

haveblue posted:

Why don't we just find the one person best at making political decisions and then give only him all the power?

I can expect your support in the 2024 election?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

it makes me laugh knowing idiots think Bill was getting Lorette to let Hillary off

that isn't what happened.:pervert:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I hadn't even jokingly thought about that.

Janet Reno was probably super jealous when that news hit.

probably not

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I thought the Obama TV show was "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

just pick tom perez drat it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is the best thing ever.

"Rueters Poll Correction Piece posted:

Don’t forget Bernie Sanders!

We learned that the hard way this week after publishing our biggest polling project of the year (so far) on racial attitudes among Americans. The poll, which ran over three months and included interviews with more than 16,000 people, found that Donald Trump supporters were more likely to describe blacks negatively, relative to whites, when compared with people who backed fellow Republicans Ted Cruz and John Kasich or Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

We polled Sanders supporters too, but didn’t include them in our final report for various reasons.

On the Democratic side, Clinton already has enough delegates to clinch the nomination at the party’s convention later this month, making poll data from Sanders supporters seem less relevant for the upcoming campaign.

It’s true that Trump also has enough delegates to secure the Republican nomination, but we included the Cruz and Kasich supporters because they showed that those racial attitudes among Trump supporters were significantly more negative than those among other Republicans. (Almost 50 percent of Trump supporters, for example, viewed blacks as more “violent” than whites. About 31 percent of Kasich and Clinton supporters said the same. )

The difference was slight between Clinton and Sanders, but it also was sometimes between Cruz and Trump. We mostly excluded the Sanders data for space reasons. We really should have kept it in.

Below, you’ll find an updated graphic that shows how Sanders supporters compare with the other candidates. You’ll see that there was a difference between Clinton and Sanders’ supporters, with the pro-Sanders camp expressing fewer negative views on race than those backing Clinton.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yes please! Lets nationally embarrass our state again and wreck her future political ambitions. Who am I kidding she is staying until she is 90 like Grassley.

It has been talked about on the IPR politics shows that her name has come up. Apparently Branstad was looked at too.

This also means she won't be because her name was leaked.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 4, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Biden would probably thrash the hell out of her in the VP debate, but who else would?

Who knows. She is Palin 2.0 and this model isn't dependent of pills.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hillary's hair always looks so weird and I do not know why.

Edit: Actually it is the way she tucks it behind her ear. it always looks off to me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

I don't get the Lewandowsky hiring, is CNN going to get half a million worth of new viewers because he's on the air, or is there something I'm missing?

I get the whole wingnut welfare thing, but his hiring seems odd.

he is a trump expert and has first hand knowledge that is insightful.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

John Cena delivers a message about love and patriotism and diversity in America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MdK8hBkR3s

It seems to be a good message and the gay couple at the end is the icing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Remember when Wikileaks used to be a force of kindagood? I miss those days.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Artificer posted:

Defenders will just say that it was a baseless accusation that was created simply because the US wanted to extradict him on that excuse. I'm not familiar at all with the case however. Of course he is STILL evading a sexual assault charge, so obviously that's pretty bad to defend.

the USA is for sure trying to extradite him regardless of the charges.

edit: yeah assange is a bad guy for raping people, but i don't blame him for not wanting to let the USA get their hands on him. who wants the rest of their life being in gitmo.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 5, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Noam Chomsky posted:

You know, it could just be that he's innocent and didn't rape anyone! Nah, surely he is a horrible rapist and the accusations have nothing to do with Wikileaks.

I take all rape accusations at face value.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Just because Trump won the news cycle today doesn't mean this wasn't the worst day to date for his campaign.

Isn't everyday the worst day for his campaign?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Oh by the way, here's a tweet including a video of a cop shooting a restrained man :nms: :nws:

https://twitter.com/TodaysLoop/status/750498933575651328

Don't click the video if you don't want to watch a man get shot

I bet that officer thought he had his taser pulled or at least this is what will be said.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

http://theadvocate.com/news/16311988-77/report-one-baton-rouge-police-officer-involved-in-fatal-shooting-of-suspect-on-north-foster-drive

Here is a good rundown of everything that happened and some witnesses.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grouchio posted:

I take it that the DNC is heavily relieved to hear that Clinton won't get indicted by the FBI?

Nope. DWS and co wanted her to burn so Sanders could get the nomination.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Remind me, where were these people when their leader was bribing people in the house the keep quite on his kiddy diddling?

Busy in a Benghazi committee.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I am happy that our leaders are beginning another investigation into those Crooked Clintons. It would a waste of time to look into investigating something frivolous the disproportionate application of our laws and policing minorities communities versus whites communities.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Actually, at the time Hassert was in office and doing that, they were rubber stamping the Bush Agenda, but you know, details.

Really. That is weird. I do not remember this "Bush Agenda" just the Clinton-Obama Destroy America Proposition 31

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A lovely rich guy in a position of power leveraging that power to force sexual favors out of a female employee for promotions, raises, or keeping their job? :monocle:
The only surprising part is Gretchen actually coming forward. Good on her and I hope this sexual predator is brought down. Maybe more women that he raped will step forward.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

as soon as a new congress is sworn in, chuck schumer can bring forward the nomination for a vote. he can also blow up the filibuster.
Yeah if the democrats reach 51 senators they will. Which is still a toss up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

No, gently caress that. We ARE owed. Our parents' generation looted the gently caress out of public services to line their own goddamned pockets and that is a big part of what heaped this poo poo on us in the first place. And I vote to tax the gently caress out of them to make poo poo right.

Yeah this won't happen though. Are we owed? Yes but nothing we can do now will fix our problems. All we can do is fight to change policies so our children and grandchildren do not have to hosed. We got screwed hard, but we should not continue the policy of looting the future.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Solution: cut social security and Medicare for anyone old enough to have voted for Reagan but not old enough to have served in WW2.

They kinda are already by not bringing in more money or doing COLA increases. The retirement age will be risen for us though. SS at 70 or 72!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

So... that's a no on the new knee?

Do any of us actually labor under the idea that we'll receive Social Security?

I do and continue to expect social programs to be expanded.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Huh. Last I checked Hillary didn't need him to endorse. Why are we humoring him?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rscott posted:

You're supposed to put the crabs in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before you boil them you monsters :mad:

I like to hear the shrieks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dexo posted:

Also God Bless Hillary's Social media team...

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/750868980299104256

Can we just vote that person for president.

So which goon runs her Twitter?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

a foolish pianist posted:

Because he's massively influential with younger democrats? Is there some insane reason why the front-runner shouldn't want the endorsement of the runnerup (who won a bunch of states)?

Or is this some dumbshit 'get over it, bernbros' post?

Last I checked his voters were not the base and could be disregarded.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

vorebane posted:

It wasn't close, but Bernie definitely racked up a lot of votes and supporters. Getting him on board, especially by adopting positions he's been advocating, would go a long way towards increasing turnout, and it looks like 2016 is going to be a turnout election. Furthermore, it's utterly worth going for all the votes possible, because it's probably going to be necessary to near entirely throw Republicans out of office in order to get anything at all done.

No 2016 is a gimme year and the party needs to jettison the progressive wing while they can. This way they can become the socially liberal economically Conservative party of middle America. They will gain more power. Better still if they can sweep in and pick up disillusioned business republicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh cool what I wanted to see. His dead body.

• Locked thread