Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Saw a small house here in the redneck suburbs of Orlando decked out in American flag ribbons but with a very good sized Confederate flag flying from a flag pole. I feel like this is the perfect example of America2016.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wall Street is probably going to find a way to make sure postal banking never happens. I will be shocked if that becomes law.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

I think if you press 2 you get Mops-Key
Colbert and Stewart really picked the wrong year to leave their respective shows.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

I don't get the Lewandowsky hiring, is CNN going to get half a million worth of new viewers because he's on the air, or is there something I'm missing?

I get the whole wingnut welfare thing, but his hiring seems odd.
It's CNN. They also employed Erick, Son of Erick for a time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:lol: He obtained the emails through FOIA, nothing in them is going to be anything that someone hasn't already seen.

Also, again, the burden of proof here has to be that she knowingly compromised classified material (that was classified at the time) with malicious intent. It's a very high bar and it's not happening.
It also would have been found by now; you know there is some GOP staffer assigned to just pour through those emails with a fine-toothed comb

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Going to be a lot of whining from the right wing today. I'm glad they're not dragging this out.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Xanderkish posted:

"Our judgment is no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case"
Some Republicans would take that as a challenge.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's a net negative but it's just not the kind of thing that will sink her or should have cost her the nomination. And I'm a Sanders supporter.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

We should be taking about the GOP's candidate being an unelectable oaf who is making the party a laughingstock and how the House and 60 votes in the Senate are in play. Instead we're talking about her stupidity and recklessness.
That's going to continue to be the narrative outside of right-wing media because the Trump campaign is a tire-fire.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's usually a budget issue. I know at the FBI had a long-term project to update the IT there and it became a huge mess.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It still disgusts me that in the Brown case that prosecutor, who has the job of explaining to a grand jury why charges were necessary, instead behaved like he was the cop's personal defense attorney. So of course the jury wasn't going to recommend charges when all they heard was pro-cop stuff.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Chelsea Manning is in the hospital after a reported suicide attempt in prison

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/750711652853612544

Let's see, how would I, ah yes, ahem "OH so corrupt Loretta Lynch lets Hillary walk free but investigates a hero police cop?"
The perks of having a Dem gov there now I guess. If Jindal was still governor I'm sure he would be dragging his feet

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

DOOP posted:

MIGF parachute account spotted
Or just another lazy troll

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

America2016.jpg

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Comey took them to task on trying to claim Petraeus got a raw deal. I think this is the first time they have said that he hid classified information in his attic.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Welp I hope everyone enjoyed the 48 hr discussion we were having on police brutality..

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Part of me was hoping we might get some sort of meaningful gun reform out of this, due to the victims being cops.

But apparently we'd rather enter into an arms race with our own people.
I mean that has been police strategy going back to the 1960s, so why change now?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The least shocking thing I've heard come out of this party meeting this weekend

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think this also happened at a Beyonce concert recently in Miami? They're literal children.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Police unions will end support for civil asset forfeiture when Hell freezes over

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Trump/Gingrich would be the most '90s ticket.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I still remember that episode...it was glorious

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

showbiz_liz posted:

From the private Bernie group my friend added me to like a year ago. I cannot imagine following politics THIS CLOSELY and still thinking that any of this would be a good idea.
USPOL July: Some of you might have heard of FDR

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

Words this thread needs to listen to right now:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-when-to-freak-out-about-shocking-new-polls/

The good news is that Clinton can still win while losing Iowa, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida. But it'd be tight.
Did they also mention that it's July? The Presidential Campaign season has barely started. I'm not going to trust one Rasmussen poll over all of the others.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If that list is correct, Gingrich is not the VP Nominee. But there's no mention of either Christie or Mike Pence...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That's my thought. I don't see how the email thing can have legs very far past the conventions. Plus it's not like Trump doesn't have his own criminal investigations currently ongoing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's almost like they all have something in common....hmm....

The GOP is so screwed outside of white people. And even there it's a mess if you look at the polling.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I guess this is Trump's way of pandering to religious conservatives? It's still going to be pretty problematic when Hillary or her VP can go after his awful anti-gay views and laws that have been passed in Indiana, particularly the one that passed last year which blew up into a huge media deal.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I really hope he goes with Christie or Newt instead, Pence is not ridiculous enough

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I honestly believe he was going to do it until the word got out and he got cold feet. He's already done ads for Focus on the Family.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That's a good poll for Murphy considering I've seen others where Rubio is up by 7-8.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Politico is saying Congress has released most of those redacted 28 pages of the 9/11 Commission report, but I haven't actually seen the pages yet.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Reading through the report, there are a lot of red flags suggesting that at least one person with a lot of ties to the Saudi government was receiving increased funding at the same time he was assisting two of the hijackers, and conveniently left the country a month before 9/11. There are several testimonies that were previously sealed from FBI agents indicating that they believed he was an agent of the Saudi government.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/754021729068908544

Also, does anyone know how to lop off the parent tweet for embedded posting?
I do find it ironic that 'Bush's Buddy' Bandar (who the family apparently referred to as Bandar Bush) is all over this report.

It also explains why it was buried for so long.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Gorelab posted:

So, uh, why would the Saudi government want to attack the World Trade Center? Or is this a thing where everyone's doing their own thing and it's just a total loving mess?
Remember that there are like 1,000 Saudi princes or whatever and they all have money. Some of them have directly funded terrorism or given money to the families of suicide bombers, etc.

I don't think the Saudi government itself had much to do with this. However, I absolutely believe that some of the wealthier members of the Royal Family knew at least some of what was going on and apparently funded it. I don't know if they knew the whole picture, but money was clearly coming from KSA and going into the pockets of the 9/11 hijackers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's pretty depressing to know that the city you were born and grew up in will be uninhabitable in your lifetime. And I guarantee when that happens we'll just elect another Republican governor

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's odd to me that these people get super into conspiracy theories (beyond the regressive anti-woman/anti-gay stuff). But I'm probably missing something because I'm white as hell.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

greatn posted:

Well, I mean, he's right though? He can't suspend the law unilaterally. That state made its lovely law and it's gotta live with it.
Tell that to the people who have been harassed by the FBI and others in Cleveland because they may have previously protested or have ties to other protestors. They are once again telling protestors not to come to the RNC as well.

http://fusion.net/video/325945/cleveland-fbi-door-knocking-rnc/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mystic_Shadow posted:

2nd amendment >>> 1st amendment
Sadly I've seen a lot of those dumb car stickers that say 'My 2nd Amendment Protects Your 1st Amendment'.

There are a lot of people who unironically believe that.

• Locked thread