Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcJEZYPe6IE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ydvexj9d8

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I for one love that after two games of a non-Zero crazy person antagonist and Zero being actually kind of sympathetic, now we straight up have a 124-year-old Bond villain with the power to Mind Hack

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Well, if Mira was so unchecked that she was legit able to just go out and murder people for 17 years, she probably never got any, like, help or even a proper diagnosis, so coming to her own conclusions, I don't think "I don't feel emotions" is a particular stretch to arrive at

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I worry for Sean, but he's a strong boy who got through a lot of nasty situations, so I'm sure that his family being a pile of nutcases and Carlos won't hurt him too bad.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
VLR still the best game in the series.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
akane is wearing free the soul robes in the last scene of VLR (in the past) and that's it, that's all it explains.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm glad that this game confirms that robopeople can move around outside of where their consciousness is contained via SATELLITE, because that means Luna can leave and not be stuck with Akane "gently caress You" Kurashiki and Oldma. Maybe move down the street from Tenmyouji and Quark. Bring awkward brephew Kyle along. The new hit post-apoc slice of life anime.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Old man Carlos shows up as the sitcom nemesis because Junpei can't stand that fucker, he's in his 70's and he's still so chiseled, proud, and American.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Sean's a sweet boy.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Carlos is powerfully American and strong. Sean is perfect.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
delta was present with the teams because otherwise eric, lunatic fucker extraordinaire, would immediately figure out that q = zero = delta and would have no reason to freak out and shove a shotgun in sean's face a bunch of times. there you go i explained it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

Like he needed a loving reason the other 40 times he did it?

He had to be there in case it was that timeline! Delta is a Real American Hero willing to make the needed sacrifices.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The only problem with Delta is that they didn't have D.C. Douglas do a lovely TV German accent for the old Nazi scientist. I HAFF ZE POWER TO... MIND HACK.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Take solace in knowing that in most timelines she died by the hands of DIO

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I knew this game wouldn't be as good as VLR all along and I am vindicated to be proven right! VLR forever!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i think the choice system kicks the poo poo out of vlr's and the cinematography, while not the best, is better than VLR's straight up VN-ness, but OTOH VLR had better pacing as a game (see: actually having a final puzzle room,) more thematic cohesion, and was the most solvable mystery out of the ZE series, which like isn't necessarily good for everyone but I appreciated it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
like, 999's got the whole Safe ending thing but its actual twist is unguessable, and ZTD's twist is literally "WHEN YOU SEE IT YOU'LL poo poo BRICKS!!!!"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Also VLR has the most funny joke's and Luna and K, who are both incredibly powerful and good. This is my statement on why VLR is good and my favorite, thank you yes.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That's also a true statement and I certainly won't deny that Clover and Alice are by far VLR's weakest points, I just happen to like most of the rest of the game enough that it evens out I guess?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't believe Dashiell Gordain wasn't relevant again!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I know Dio's technically a lovely character in reality but I can't help but love Conflict Man and his Magical Bomb Hat

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Really, omnipotent villains always present kind of a problem in stories like these. Yeah I know Delta can't SHIFT and all but fucker magically knows everything anyway and somehow manages to plan for every single contingency other than "Sean shoots me dead in the Study," including ones he needs to abstract himself through mindhacks. The scenario where he fails is still one where he basically gets off scot-free.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I hope that in his last decision Carlos turns around and shoots Akane instead, this poo poo is all her fault.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Oh WAIT he DOESN'T because the epilogue states that AKANE AND JUNPEI GET HITCHED, because gently caress YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

the truth posted:

even though I don't remember caring about Luna at all

I'm the OP and you're banned from posting in this thread, because you're as bad of a human being as Akane Kurashiki.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

the truth posted:

Akane Kurashiki did nothing wrong :boom:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The secret of ZTD is that the religious fanatic is actually Cobra Commander, and Crash Keys is the beginnings of what would eventually become G.I. Joe.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Delta's best characterization comes from a moment before his identity is even revealed, his weird father-son chat with Sean. It's, like, the only point in the game where he actually seems actively human instead of an uber god of Mind Hacking, and "angry, loony old man makes a robot of one of the few people he's ever liked to try and see the world through his eyes" is an interesting spin on the whole "are you the real you" storyline or whatever I'm trying to say, and the fact that his entire role in the finale is as ze ultimate Nazi puppetmaster instead of Sean's weird grunkledad is one of the primary reasons he doesn't come across very well.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Delta should not have been Brother.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
as I mentioned in the thread, every time a new character's name got mentioned I immediately jumped back to 3-Way Shootout to try it in the input, so I too tried Maria. And Chris.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Getting the Perceptive End early was loving powerful

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Poonerman posted:

Just finished and...I feel underwhelmed? Like I genuinely enjoyed much of the game but like...really? What was that ending?

You've been... Mind Hacked.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I would've made something about Mind Hacking the thread title if it wouldn't be a spoiler in and of itself.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Wait, y'know, I'm actually not sure. Is Akane in this game shortly-after-999 Akane who knew the future because of her loving... Akane-ness or whatever, or VLR Akane who hopped back in time with Sigma and Phi?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So in Remember11, one of the main characters actually physically changes shape and looks completely different from how he's supposed to because you saw the dude design on the boxart and assumed that was him.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cake Attack posted:

wasn't that ever17, or does uchikoshi just go that well a lot

No no, in Ever17 the appearance of one of the main characters was always different and you just couldn't see him from inside his face. In Remember11 there's actually a body-shift.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
How do you like your coffee?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I was gonna explain more about Remember11 but then I realized that explaining that game's plot makes me feel high.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Carlos is a Real American Hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i hope that in the ZE4 uchikoshi clearly wants to make now, luna shows up and gets to hang with her cool nephew sean

• Locked thread