Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One thing that is disappointing to me is that Jon Anik is probably calling the TUF finale and thus we'll miss out on an entire evening of Mike Goldberg trying to say Jedrzejczyk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

fatherdog posted:

tbh I think the first fight was a really close fight that Joanna had a chance of losing; I expect this fight to be her beating the brakes off Gaudelha.

I hope that's the case.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Looks like the new fight kits are a go for UFC 200. https://www.instagram.com/p/BHa5tXiBYwF/

look at all that beautiful color

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Are there any good RFA fights to check out? I've never seen him fight in the um 7 months I've been involved in the sport.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
assuming you meant Rafael Dos Anos or however you spell his last name, I'd recommend watching him beat up Pretty Tony Pettis for a solid example of why he's a good fighter dude

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
rda vs ben henderson

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dos anjos v pettis, henderson, cerrone and diaz.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

RDA sorry

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I haven't watched a TUF since...the heavyweights season I think. No no, I watched Sonnen/Silva and loved every minute of it. But over the years I've had some loving spotty access to shows.

My point being - is this one worth binging?

Also, were they giving Joanna the Ronda "rear end in a top hat determined belt holder" edit (I saw some of the Ronda season) or did Joanna do anything Bisping level to make you dislike her?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Le Saboteur posted:

Looks like the new fight kits are a go for UFC 200. https://www.instagram.com/p/BHa5tXiBYwF/

I never got why they didn't make the primary colors on the shorts correspond to which corner the fighter was in. Blue & White for the blue corner, Red & Black for the red corner. Like how did nobody think that was better than white/black & black/white.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq0PXpMmef0

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

tbh I think the first fight was a really close fight that Joanna had a chance of losing; I expect this fight to be her beating the brakes off Gaudelha.

Im interested to know why you think so, Ive watched every Joanna fight since then and shes improved in some important areas, but Gadelha has looked good too, still has a style to give Joanna some trouble and is barely an underdog on the books. I dont really have a strong opinion on it one way or the other though so i could easily be convinced

slev
Apr 6, 2009

http://imgur.com/a/btsvZ

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Captain Log posted:

Also, were they giving Joanna the Ronda "rear end in a top hat determined belt holder" edit (I saw some of the Ronda season) or did Joanna do anything Bisping level to make you dislike her?

Something to the effect of "I will send you back to the jungle, where is your home."

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

You have a very keen eye for dicks

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Some of the Sheep posted:

Something to the effect of "I will send you back to the jungle, where is your home."

Well I mean Chael and Connor do that poo poo and people eat it up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I hope Brock doesn't turn up in any of these just so we know his contract was "I get paid lots of money, and don't do any of that embedded bullshit either"

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Korean Superboy loving owns.

I prefer "bowl cut banger"

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

Are there any good RFA fights to check out? I've never seen him fight in the um 7 months I've been involved in the sport.

RDA vs Jeremy Stephens

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frankie's daughter is adorable

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

Im interested to know why you think so, Ive watched every Joanna fight since then and shes improved in some important areas, but Gadelha has looked good too, still has a style to give Joanna some trouble and is barely an underdog on the books. I dont really have a strong opinion on it one way or the other though so i could easily be convinced

Admittedly it's been a while since I watched their first fight, but my recollection is that Joanna beat the poo poo out of her early and then gassed out and let her back in the fight, and since then Joanna's had several five rounders where she came on stronger in the later rounds, so I expect her to win pretty handily. I could easily be wrong, but that's my reasoning.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Captain Log posted:

fatherdog posted:

She probably just doesn't like being nice or even civil to someone she's going to have to fight, which is kind of unprofessional but everyone seems to love when the Diazes do it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Hey fatherdog, check your PMs.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Memento posted:

Hey fatherdog, check your PMs.

I'm leaving the thread tag as is in favor of the title

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Captain Log posted:

I haven't watched a TUF since...the heavyweights season I think. No no, I watched Sonnen/Silva and loved every minute of it. But over the years I've had some loving spotty access to shows.

My point being - is this one worth binging?

the fibghts have been not the greatest but it will make you really like claudia and really dislike joanna she is an rear end hole the whole time to claudia yea yea editing or whatever but she still flip sher off like 5 times in one episdoe

claudia is really nice and her fighters are too there is like no animalosity in the house its kijd of nice for a change

the worst season ever was the one with faber and cruz i think the live ones gah that was bad past the first episode (good knockouts iirc)0

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mehYIYq4egE

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Latest TUF is boring as poo poo legit. Don't bother. Also i think Joanna was out of line telling Claudia to go home. At best an ill advised comment. She's come off badly on the show but whatever, just a bit of a pity since i really liked her.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

nobody will see it anyway, she's fine

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I'm excited for Jones vs. Cormier 2 even though it will porbably be bad again

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

Its gonna be a really close fight that Joanna has a good chance of losing. I would love to see her show enough improvements to easily beat Gadelha though, Joanna is cool as a fighter and a good champ for that division

On that card im more excited for THE KOREAN SUPERBOY Doo ho choi, for those who dont remember he is a korean teen whos kickboxing is insanely sick and in his two UFC fights he has an 18 second KO and a 1 minute KO, 11 of his 14 total wins by quick KO

i'm going to get a divorce so that i can get gay married to choi so that the army doesn't steal him away for two years. there's a lot of focus on his hands but he's got really good leg kicks and knees

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

fatherdog posted:

I'm leaving the thread tag as is in favor of the title

No worries

They're going to sell so many loving PPV buys with this poo poo.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I'm going to travel back in time and spirit The Korean Zombie away with a kiss under the cover of darkness.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

On that card im more excited for THE KOREAN SUPERBOY Doo ho choi, for those who dont remember he is a korean teen whos kickboxing is insanely sick and in his two UFC fights he has an 18 second KO and a 1 minute KO, 11 of his 14 total wins by quick KO

I hope he does rad poo poo all the way to the title and isn't deeply flawed in some way because is style loving rules and I can't wait to see him in action again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Everytime I watch these videos this triggers me:

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
So white

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Meowbot posted:

the fibghts have been not the greatest but it will make you really like claudia and really dislike joanna she is an rear end hole the whole time to claudia yea yea editing or whatever but she still flip sher off like 5 times in one episdoe

claudia is really nice and her fighters are too there is like no animalosity in the house its kijd of nice for a change

the worst season ever was the one with faber and cruz i think the live ones gah that was bad past the first episode (good knockouts iirc)0

are you dyslexic or just constantly drunkposting

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

are you dyslexic or just constantly drunkposting

Could you cool it with the animalosity.. Mods??

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

if I remember he does take meds but I don't know if his posts are enhanced or inhibited by the post enhancing drugs, none of my business anyway

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The animalosity between DC and Jon Jones is truly animal, Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I thought it was a really bad gimmick.

• Locked thread