Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I am finally home watching shark week with my dogs again

This is where I belong

Hammerheads are freaky looking creatures aren't they?

Also in football ranking news Denver's ESPN beat guy found some executives who rate Mark Sanchez as the 3rd best QB in the division over Alex Smith. I didn't know Parm was an executive. Rivers was first obviously, then:

quote:

Raiders QB Derek Carr is the up-and-comer and in an informal poll of seven personnel executives about the quarterbacks in the division he was the No. 2 guy. Young and strong-armed, Carr also has a composure about him. The executives then put Mark Sanchez, the presumed Broncos starter next on the list -- just barely ahead of the Chiefs’ Alex Smith. The biggest reason? Most think coach Gary Kubiak’s offense will fit Sanchez and the Broncos are expected to run the ball well. Smith had always played low-risk football and limits interceptions, but the personnel executives want to see him make the throws he needs to make when the games are on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You guys make me feel a hell of a lot better about life here in Cincinnati.

I am so excited for Bengals preseason games. Combo of good for a backup QB play until late and really interesting WR competition.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I feel like I hear about it being "shark week" a lot more than once a year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
So they think Sanchez out tiny hand tiny hands? Lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Hammerheads are freaky looking creatures aren't they?

Also in football ranking news Denver's ESPN beat guy found some executives who rate Mark Sanchez as the 3rd best QB in the division over Alex Smith. I didn't know Parm was an executive. Rivers was first obviously, then:

It's the only thing we've got, really.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Metapod posted:

So they think Sanchez out tiny hand tiny hands? Lmao

I really have no clue how Sanchez is still even in the league. He's loving horrible. I guess he bought time with those Jets playoff runs but Jesus.

The dude has been horrible for years now...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ehud posted:

I am finally home watching shark week with my dogs again

Yo

Butters (ours) on the left, Ella (friend's) on the right.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

C-Euro posted:

Yo

Butters (ours) on the left, Ella (friend's) on the right.

These are good dogs. I want to watch TV with them.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
in my first solo place with a couch that just arrived, sitting here with no pants drinking and watching all or nothing.

Adulthood

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Adulthood is when your car gets totalled and the other person's insurance company is giving you a hard time about liability when you really need a loving car and are also unemployed

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Ross Angeles posted:

Adulthood is when your car gets totalled and the other person's insurance company is giving you a hard time about liability when you really need a loving car and are also unemployed

didn't you get t-boned across a median? that's some bullshit that they're giving you a hard time, sorry man

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The worst part about living in Oregon is that there are no interesting local sports teams (outside of college).

Though I guess I get Raiders games fairly frequently.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

computer parts posted:

The worst part about living in Oregon is that there are no interesting local sports teams (outside of college).

Though I guess I get Raiders games fairly frequently.

They have this basketball team called the trailblazers that rosters a cold blooded murderer named dame

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

They have this basketball team called the trailblazers that rosters a cold blooded murderer named dame

just lol if the clippers get Durant

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Metapod posted:

Plus you have budding star Evan Turner.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ross how the gently caress are they giving you poo poo PM me with the deets

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ross Angeles posted:

Adulthood+ is when you get smashed into by some lady going perpendicular to the flow of traffic on a major highway, and then your friend tells you she tested positive for cocaine in the ER but you can't actually do anything without it being a HIPAA violation. At least your other person was insured!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

just lol if the clippers get Durant

This ain't no Steinbeck novel where the okie runs to cali cause the farm failed. Farm is thriving okie staying put

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Ross how the gently caress are they giving you poo poo PM me with the deets

Her insurance company accepted liability but the adjuster apparently turned it over to their total loss department and they haven't called me in a week. I started calling and leaving them messages on Wednesday and have made about six calls since, nothing yet.

Metapod posted:

This ain't no Steinbeck novel where the okie runs to cali cause the farm failed. Farm is thriving okie staying put

he was blown away by the clippers presentation tho

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Call their central call center Ross you can get the supervisor info. Just move it up the chain. It actually works in insurance.

Edit: what company?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

Clap clap clap clap yo hands

Every wedding should start with Tom Jones' Sex Bomb.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Call their central call center Ross you can get the supervisor info. Just move it up the chain. It actually works in insurance.

Edit: what company?

Alliance United. I know nothing about them so I'm guessing it's one of those cheapo cutrate insurance companies

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If a wedding is going to start with a Tom Jones song it better be 6 or 7 Whats New Pussycat?s

Also yeah Alliance is poo poo. :(

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Metapod posted:

No joke, I've seen a lot more Timbers gear here than Trailblazers.

it might just be because the former's in season, but even at the airport it was shittons of ducks and timbers merchandise everywhere.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i've never been in a car accident but i've had some extremely scary near misses

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

computer parts posted:

No joke, I've seen a lot more Timbers gear here than Trailblazers.

it might just be because the former's in season, but even at the airport it was shittons of ducks and timbers merchandise everywhere.

If basketball excites you at all watch them. When lillard enters god mode it's a site to see

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ive been in three accidents where the car I was in was totaled, twice as a passenger, once as a driver (other guy's fault). Pay attention to the road, y'all.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cincinnati is all in on the new soccer team and it's like "Don't you guys remember that you're all lovely, reactionary, Neanderthal Neocons?" But they loves them some futbol apparently.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Sour Diesel posted:

i've never been in a car accident but i've had some extremely scary near misses

I spun out on an on ramp thanks to a patch of black ice and got T-boned by a semi going just north of 60 mph.

That was a fun day. I had a burrito sitting on my passenger seat -- It hit me in the face and covered my entire head in burrito goop.

edit: Oh yeah and I broke a bunch of bones and had a vertebral subluxation. The burrito wounded my pride tho.

Burginator fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 2, 2016

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i was on the highway and i must've ran over something because my tire blew out

with traffic and everything i start fishtailing back and forth across three lanes while somehow doing a 180 blues brothers parking job into the shoulder

i then changed my tire and resumed my drive to work

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One time I thought I got T-boned by a semi truck. I was badly concussed and my car was totaled. But then I found out it was actually just Joe Flacco's dick.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sour Diesel posted:

i was on the highway and i must've ran over something because my tire blew out

with traffic and everything i start fishtailing back and forth across three lanes while somehow doing a 180 blues brothers parking job into the shoulder

i then changed my tire and resumed my drive to work

3 out of 5 Death Stars. That poo poo happens all the time in the North.

Hell I did it in NC.

Ross still holds the belt in almost death by auto collision.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I was driving a geo metro over a mountain pass during a snow storm and was almost pulled under a semi trailer after a big gust of wind sent me careening under it like i was loving in Fast and the Furious. I managed to pull out before I got drug under a wheel.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hi goons, I live in Sunnyvale now. My roommate (Panthers fan) and I are trying to decide on Raiders vs Broncos or Raiders vs Panthers. I'm thinking Panthers game so I can anger two fanbases with my dope Von Miller jersey. Panthers games are gonna be harder to come by, too. Also seeing Oakland get clowned is a fair compromise.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 2, 2016

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah def go to the Panthers game.

It's chill as gently caress. Def go to the tailgate before the game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Yeah I gotta put a tailgate crew together. Also gonna try to get tickets to a 49ers-Saints game and drop by Spoeank's tailgate. I know he'll appreciate my gift of Franzia over ice.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i got into an accident in a parking lot the second day i had my license but haven't had one since. that's my accident story update your spreadsheets boys

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah I gotta put a tailgate crew together. Also gonna try to get tickets to a 49ers-Saints game and drop by Spoeank's tailgate. I know he'll appreciate my gift of Franzia over ice.

:getin:

We mostly bitch about Jed York and argue about who isn't loving terrible on the 49ers (spoilers they all are but NaVorro) but I make some badass homemade bloody marys.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I was on a highway with a valley type grass median with two lanes on either side. Hydroplaned in a rainstorm and rolled 3 times through the median into the furthest lane away of oncoming traffic. I didn't hit anybody and nobody hit me and I crawled out of my overturned van with no injuries, had someone been in the passenger seat though they woulda been done

nerve fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Woah man. Wearing a Broncos jersey to the black hole is one thing. But a Niners game? You got a death wish?

• Locked thread