Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Zzulu posted:

There are no more new hollywood stars like before

We still got the old guarde like the Tom Cruises of the world, but there arent many new guys on the block

Jake Gyllenhaal is like 35 :confused:

and Michael Fassbender is only 39 somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The book is very bad

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If you like this movie for the atmosphere then you may like The Leftovers, there is a lot of poo poo in the first season but the second is some of the best drama HBO has ever produced.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm not sure how much of a part he had in writing the second season.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Maneki Neko posted:

Leftovers is the best show on tv right now imho, too bad next season is the last :(

Shortened 8 episode season, too. I'm fine with that, though, so long as it goes out with the same level of quality as Season 2 (and I really hope we get to see where everyone went, despite that not being the focus of the show and sort of :lost:-y)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah The Road is insanely depressing.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I thought it was an asteroid strike?

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 16, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I usually read Blood Meridian, No Country For Old Men, and The Road each every two years

They're very good, but very depressing

I'm not a huge fan of his other stuff

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Guy Pearce cameo in The Road was great

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Young Freud posted:

You would need a master's touch for that. One of the things that got me when reading Blood Meridian was Cormac McCarthy doing the "artist break the rules" thing with run-on sentences, because one of the key scenes the filibuster ambush by the Comanches is essentially a one page run-on sentence. It shouldn't work, but it does and it slams that whole chaotic brutality right into you because you start it off looking at painted cows then suddenly it's an Indian ambush and people are going apeshit and fumbling for the guns and dying then the Comanches begin raping the dying. You're supposed to be taking that whole scene all at once, no breaks, no blinks, no cutaways. The closest I can think how to even do that cinematically would be as a single shot scene.

Let me tell you, vomit can smell like cheese pizza if you're not visual aware of it.

There is a lot if terrible stuff that happens in BM, however the part at the end with the bear has always stuck with me

That poor bear :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

James Franco went thrpugh a period where he fell in love with Cormac McCarthy and really wanted to direct Blood Meridian. James Franco.

• Locked thread