Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The film is great. I really love the cinematography and gritty theme. I also enjoyed the socio-political commentary. I originally watched it ten years ago but I was too young to appreciate it. Glad I watched it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
ok. idc

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Real talk the reverse chase scene where the motorcycle dudes get doored and Julianne Moore gets killed made me sweat with anxiety when I first saw it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the zika future

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
clive owen has been one big disappointment imo. welp, thats just how it goes i guess

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

good movie. holds up well. bye.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Kuato posted:

clive owen has been one big disappointment imo. welp, thats just how it goes i guess
Children of Men - Smashed it
Shoot Em Up - Smashed It
Privateer 2: The Darkening - Smashed It.

Not a bum note.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
movie owns, obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqlqVcCPRd0

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So the reason why they didn't go public with the baby is because they thought that the government would take the baby away from the girl and kill her or something right?

Jonesy posted:

Real talk the reverse chase scene where the motorcycle dudes get doored and Julianne Moore gets killed made me sweat with anxiety when I first saw it.

Yeah I wasn't expecting her to die that early on.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
rewatched it a couple of weeks on HBO and thought the same thing

I had forgotten how quietly solid it was

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Is this the movie where the old lady gets shot or beaten to death to save a kid?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

punk rebel ecks posted:

So the reason why they didn't go public with the baby is because they thought that the government would take the baby away from the girl and kill her or something right?

Yeah I wasn't expecting her to die that early on.

Not kill the baby but yes kill the girl who gave birth. Dat baby was going to be used as a propaganda piece to lift up mother England to her rightful place in this nearly post apocalyptic world. Book is great also if you can stand flowery prose.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I got stood up on a date to go see this movie in high school. Rather than sulk at home I watched it alone and greatly enjoyed it.

The whole movie is good but everything after the forest ambush is white knuckle inducing.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wicker Man posted:

Is this the movie where the old lady gets shot or beaten to death to save a kid?

and that old lady's name was Michael Caine

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toadvine posted:

I got stood up on a date to go see this movie in high school. Rather than sulk at home I watched it alone and greatly enjoyed it.

Owned

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

the scene where they go through the building that's getting all shot up is a single, continuous cut and really awesome

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
strawberry cough

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
im the future hippy listening to aphex twin

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
oldGBS freaking loved that gay movie

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jonesy posted:

same but also with the early morning farm escape.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kuato posted:

Watch The Knick dawg, he shoots cocaine into his prick!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

same but also with the early morning farm escape.

lol that movie was so gay, anyway heres my favorite part

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the best part was onviously the burning car attack that was filmed in one breathtaking cut

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

"It's called Strawberry Cough"

-Sir Ian McCellan

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

It's a good movie, and that loving deer in the kindergarten really scared me.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I remember thinking it was a really good movie that was quite draining to watch, so I don't think I'll ever see it again.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

voted leave

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
bremain

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Oh man, thanks for reminding me to watch it again that it's about that time of the year to watch it again. loving owns.

[edit] Children of Men and City of God are the only two movies I watch year after year and never get old.

Jesus Christ fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 3, 2016

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
OK Peg.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Cool OP. I'm going to watch team America world police tomorrow.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I find that this film is more relevant today thanks to the increasing xenophobia and migration tensions in the U.K.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's plodding garbage

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus Christ posted:

Oh man, thanks for reminding me to watch it again that it's about that time of the year to watch it again. loving owns.

[edit] Children of Men and City of God are the only two movies I watch year after year and never get old.

You sir have great taste in movies

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
If you were a children 10 years ago you're too young to be on SA imho

Guineapig
Sep 8, 2005

Louder is not Better
I liked it, too, the only thing I didn't understand is why there were wars killing lots of army guys. If you have an army of say, 100,000 guys and you do a battle where 1% are killed, in a world where there's no young recruits your army will only be 99% of its size before.

Every time a guy gets killed the army will be that much smaller and troop strength can't get any bigger or even stay the same. I didn't understand the alacrity with which the guys came forward/were sent to get killed.

Other than that it was thought-provoking and well done, and I appreciate the reminder that it's about time to watch it again.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guineapig posted:

I liked it, too, the only thing I didn't understand is why there were wars killing lots of army guys. If you have an army of say, 100,000 guys and you do a battle where 1% are killed, in a world where there's no young recruits your army will only be 99% of its size before.

Every time a guy gets killed the army will be that much smaller and troop strength can't get any bigger or even stay the same. I didn't understand the alacrity with which the guys came forward/were sent to get killed.

Other than that it was thought-provoking and well done, and I appreciate the reminder that it's about time to watch it again.

did you really miss the military cloning discussion scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Emmanuel Lubezki did the cinematography

Also was cinematographer for: the revenant (best picture), birdman (best picture), gravity (7 oscars). Basically hes behind a lot of some of the best pieces of film, yeah his shtick is "clever continuous shots", but even without those his shots are still some of the best cinema ever. Even old stuff of his is really cool because he doesnt have a huge budget he can still do really subtle but good shots in Y Tu Mama Tambien

• Locked thread