Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Veler
Dec 26, 2012
Hey everyone,

I guess the title is fairly clear but I`ll explain my situation a bit more. I currently live and work in the Middle East as an American. My current job will pay about 3,000$ a year toward any education that they agree will aid in my professional development. Now, my current field is education but with a lot of managerial/administrative tasks that can be done. My undergrad was a double major in management and marketing. I did administration and management at this job under the last company (it`s contracting) and I really enjoyed it more. I`d like to move back into business in a few years and I figured I`d get an MBA if my company was going to help pay for it.

Now, I was thinking of the London School of Economics but I don`t know how BREXIT will change this option. Do you have any information you can give me about getting a degree online? What universities do you suggest? Any warnings? I`m open to anything and I`d like to start in Spring 2017.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

The Veler posted:

Hey everyone,

I guess the title is fairly clear but I`ll explain my situation a bit more. I currently live and work in the Middle East as an American. My current job will pay about 3,000$ a year toward any education that they agree will aid in my professional development. Now, my current field is education but with a lot of managerial/administrative tasks that can be done. My undergrad was a double major in management and marketing. I did administration and management at this job under the last company (it`s contracting) and I really enjoyed it more. I`d like to move back into business in a few years and I figured I`d get an MBA if my company was going to help pay for it.

Now, I was thinking of the London School of Economics but I don`t know how BREXIT will change this option. Do you have any information you can give me about getting a degree online? What universities do you suggest? Any warnings? I`m open to anything and I`d like to start in Spring 2017.

Thanks!

The biggest thing I would ask you is: what do you want to get out of the degree? Do you just want a degree for free so that you can say you got an MBA? if that's the case, I don't think it matters where you go. If you want something special out of it, you need to look at individual programs.

The Veler
Dec 26, 2012
I`d like to start a small business and gain the necessary skills to do so. I`m casting out the net in order the get recommendations for good schools at the moment.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The Veler posted:

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Brexit shouldn't have any effect for you as an American other than making the fees cheaper as our currency plunges into the toilet.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
What kind of fees do you pay for online?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You want an MBA to start a small business?

That's hilarious. It's like saying I want to learn how to build a car from scratch so you can drive one.

Small business owners generally don't know poo poo about poo poo except their little grubby operation that allows them to pretend to actually work while instead running up debt. You also get to be the 'boss', but I personally think that's pretty hollow when you had to buy it. I had a father who was the 'businessman' which meant doing a whole lot of gently caress all while Mum went to work a real job and paid for pretty much everything.

So you can probably tell, I'm not so hot on small business. MBA grads will usually go and help run an already established business and make a lot of money doing so, so I don't think that's what you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Veler
Dec 26, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

You want an MBA to start a small business?

That's hilarious. It's like saying I want to learn how to build a car from scratch so you can drive one.

Small business owners generally don't know poo poo about poo poo except their little grubby operation that allows them to pretend to actually work while instead running up debt. You also get to be the 'boss', but I personally think that's pretty hollow when you had to buy it. I had a father who was the 'businessman' which meant doing a whole lot of gently caress all while Mum went to work a real job and paid for pretty much everything.

So you can probably tell, I'm not so hot on small business. MBA grads will usually go and help run an already established business and make a lot of money doing so, so I don't think that's what you mean.

Hahaha, wonderful. I`m not married and I earn a lot of money doing what I currently do. This is for my overall career and to help plan out a hobby business I want to do.

• Locked thread