Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Karius has broken his hand and is out until October.

Excited for more Mignolet!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Daktari posted:

Where are you guys buying your streams?
With http://premierleaguepass.com/ being kaput, and Sumo (Norway) being hella expensive 50 USD/m, I'm at a loss

Wondering the same thing. Streams are nice but it gets annoying when you have to look for a new one because it got shut down mid game or the owner threatens to end the stream if he doesn't get enough donations or w/e

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ungratek posted:

It's loving typical. Fully expect Matip to have a broken metatarsal and be out for the rest of the season, Gruijic actually has a massive concussion and has to retire etc.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea will not win the league.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

guardiola is going to magically make aguero capable of lasting a season and man city will win

Pep believes in science. :colbert:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Daktari posted:

Where are you guys buying your streams?
With http://premierleaguepass.com/ being kaput, and Sumo (Norway) being hella expensive 50 USD/m, I'm at a loss

My friend uses Sports Nation HD and says it's great. It's £12 for a month or £50 for a year with a couple of other options. You can stream on the site, but he uses it through Kodi. Not tried it myself, but might get it for a month during the Olympics/start of the PL to see if it's worth the year.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mickolution posted:

My friend uses Sports Nation HD and says it's great. It's £12 for a month or £50 for a year with a couple of other options. You can stream on the site, but he uses it through Kodi. Not tried it myself, but might get it for a month during the Olympics/start of the PL to see if it's worth the year.

That site looks dodgy. What exactly do they offer? Only PL?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

beedeebee posted:

That site looks dodgy. What exactly do they offer? Only PL?

No, all sport I think. I saw some video about how to install it on Kodi on Youtube and it had links for NFL and PL that was on that day, but the video said there's lots of stuff there and they also have a requests section. It also said they have an on demand section to watch games that have ended.

As I said, I've not used it at all, so can't vouch for how good it is or how safe it is, but my friend recommended it and he would be very careful about stuff like that. If I do sign up for it, I'll post a report.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mickolution posted:

No, all sport I think. I saw some video about how to install it on Kodi on Youtube and it had links for NFL and PL that was on that day, but the video said there's lots of stuff there and they also have a requests section. It also said they have an on demand section to watch games that have ended.

As I said, I've not used it at all, so can't vouch for how good it is or how safe it is, but my friend recommended it and he would be very careful about stuff like that. If I do sign up for it, I'll post a report.

Yeah, please do. I remember trying to set up kodi once, and I was like :effort: halfway through. But if it works and it's good quality...

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I think all predictions should be considered invalid unless prefaced with a username-based alliteration.

Lemon Likelihood: Utd will win the prem.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

rip byram

he's currently first choice in both fullback positions, don't worry he's gonna play until he dies.

Spang scries a Zlatan win because jesus christ that's an impressive new spine

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
I believe! Arsenal will win the Premier League!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Premier League need to sort out their own streaming system imo. Surely they'd make a ton more money cutting our the middle men?

gently caress knows who will win this season. Almost everyone is spending like madmen and there are some ridiculously talented managers in the league at the moment. Personally I think it's time for Pulis to merk the league.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
J Sports English would work with a Japanese VPN.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Excuse me but Stokealona is gonna win the whole drat thing

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Guardiola banned his players from eating pizza
hosed up if true

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Bape Culture posted:

hosed up if true
It's widely known that pepperoni and stuffed crust interferes with the cycle.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Bape Culture posted:

hosed up if true

Don't believe it - Guardiola loves a nice greasy triangle.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

hosed up if true

This is the complete opposite way to win titles

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

This is the complete opposite way to win titles

It is.

Titles are won with the promise of pizza, not the withholding of.

Just a reminder to everyone that Leicester won the Premier League last season, loving hell.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

hosed up if true

Claudio Ranieri resurrected football with pizza so it's only fitting that Pep Guardiola would do his best to kill it again the same way

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bape Culture posted:

hosed up if true

So did Pep not pay attention to the Prem last year or something?

There is direct proof pizza = trophies

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Peps policies will have blood boiling instead of the usual spinning.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Ungratek posted:

I just read about this lol gently caress

Let that old fella we signed have a go. Imagine the fairytale story where he becomes a brick wall and the fans love him, that stuff happens all the time in football

Edit: or he's a loving disaster. That can happen also

Hoops fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 30, 2016

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
e: I am a bad poster.

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 30, 2016

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

TheBigAristotle posted:

Mike Pence called out President Barack Obama on Friday for indirectly referring to Donald Trump as a demagogue, saying “name calling” has “no place in public life,” NBC News reported.

Erm...

Wrong thread?

Hoops posted:

I just read about this lol gently caress

Let that old fella we signed have a go. Imagine the fairytale story where he becomes a brick wall and the fans love him, that stuff happens all the time in football

Edit: or he's a loving disaster. That can happen also

Wasn't Klopp quoted as saying that old ex-Arsenal keeper wasn't brought in to provide competition?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Shoren posted:

Wasn't Klopp quoted as saying that old ex-Arsenal keeper wasn't brought in to provide competition?
He did, but Mignolet is poo poo way too often

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Shoren posted:

Wrong thread?

Yeah he's basically a glorified coach. We've let Ward and Bogdan out on loan, so if anything happened to Karius and Migs we would have been left with only George.

Honestly Migs is a decent enough keeper for two months, it's not like previous years when we had to rely on utter poo poo.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shoren posted:

Wrong thread?

Hahaha too much tired posting for me :suicide:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ewar Woowar posted:

The Premier League need to sort out their own streaming system imo. Surely they'd make a ton more money cutting our the middle men?

Running your own streaming service is for scrub-tier sports and leagues where nobody's willing to commit to financial kamikaze runs to cover them.. The FA make a poo poo load of money for absolutely no outlay by balkanizing the rights - e.g. just for the UK they have different rights packages for live streaming, time-shifted streaming, highlights packages over 5 minutes per game, highlights under 5 minutes, just goals, and even the fixtures list. Thatexcludes the separate rights for simulcasting with the broadcast rights packages. And all of these rights are fought over by companies with very, very deep pockets who are all trying to bury each other and so are willing to pay considerably more for the rights than they can ever hope to recoup from actual subscriptions. A hefty chunk of Paul Pogba's transfer fee is being funded by the deathmatch between BT and Sky over home TV and telephony services.

It's a perfect money-making machine for them so why would they want to mess with it?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Zlatan just scored a bicycle kick 3 minutes into his first game

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ayb posted:

It was pretty great op.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah he's basically a glorified coach. We've let Ward and Bogdan out on loan, so if anything happened to Karius and Migs we would have been left with only George.

Honestly Migs is a decent enough keeper for two months, it's not like previous years when we had to rely on utter poo poo.
Do you remember that cup game in 2012 or 2013 when Reina was banned. Doni started and got a red card, and then Brad Jones (I think) came on, and committed a very questionable challenge on the last man in the box that the ref didn't give? I nearly had a heart attack

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

ayb posted:

Lol I'm not even mad

Edit: not a bicycle kick imo

Hoops fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 30, 2016

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hoops posted:

Do you remember that cup game in 2012 or 2013 when Reina was banned. Doni started and got a red card, and then Brad Jones (I think) came on, and committed a very questionable challenge on the last man in the box that the ref didn't give? I nearly had a heart attack

Jones came on a saved a penalty then somehow another didn't get given for that late one lol

it was like right after his son died too

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Lol I'm not even mad

Edit: not a bicycle kick imo

More of a scissor kick imo.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://streamable.com/3yvj

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

phwoar

doing all the fistpumps

can't wait for him to do this a bunch of times when we're already 3-0 up against watford or someone

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Hoops posted:

Yeah it keeps me awake at night :ohdear: I also remember Enrique playing in goal.

I'm still not entirely sure if Karius is nailed on number 1 now. He was decent in the preseason games I've seen so far, but I don't think Klopp has made the decision yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Hoops posted:

Whichever Roberto's first season at Everton was when they did real well cause I remember this very vividly and then Andy Carroll of all people scored the winner and I was mad

• Locked thread