Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Why fire a club legend coaching the youth team? Because he criticized your bad team on the TV box?

The whole thing strikes me as really stupid

Yeah, this seems to have been really mishandled. Apparently Henry was offered a position as the assistant manager of the U-18's and then Wenger vetoed it unless Henry quit being a pundit. Stupid that this happened in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Big Davey Moyes is taking over at S'land.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

With Allardyce taking over the national team that means speculation over Wenger joining after the end of this season should end. And in return Wenger will certainly get a contract extension :shepicide:

I think he might actually leave when his contract is up. He's old, but still has enough time for one more project, he could walk into a lot of big jobs when he leaves, and managing Arsenal can't be fun for him anymore.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Mertesacker did his knee, and there are rumors he could be out for 5 months. Arsenals lineup for the first few games is going to be hilarious.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The following players will be unavailable for Arsenal's first match:

Mertesacker, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Özil, Gnabry, Alexis, Asano, Welbeck, Giroud.

lol.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

A little short in defense but Arsenal has more than enough squad players to fill that midfield and attack

Hmm yes, we'll replace Giroud with *check notes* Chuba Akpom?!??!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

reminder that despite having a thin squad prone to injuries you defended the ridiculous notion that arsenal are a single signing away from being a title winning squad

The premier league is poo poo and a lot of teams would compete for the PL if they signed messi. This shouldn't be be controversial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JFairfax posted:

I'm not sure if you get how this supporting thing works

Look at Josh Lyman happily molesting underage girls in his Ibra Jersey and then look at sassassin dourly supporting Swansea and saying everyone is poo poo and you tell me who has a better handle on this whole supporting thing.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 2, 2016

• Locked thread