Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

triple sulk posted:

Can't wait to see all the new and exciting ways that Arsenal end up back in fourth this season

13/14: 4th, 14/15: 3rd, 15/16: 2nd, 16/17: ??

You can't argue with numbers triple sulk, next year is Wengys year. Fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
After all the wailing about reserve football not being up to scratch and B teams and whatnot:

quote:

It was promoted by a Premier League spokesman as a way to “help young, talented players progress physically and mentally on top of the technical aspect of their game”, but the English Football League’s attempt to revamp the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy looks set to have angered the fans of lower-league clubs, and alienated some of the Premier League clubs it was hoping would join it. All before a ball is kicked.

The competition was due to be expanded as a trial this season to include not just the 48 clubs from League One and League Two but 16 additional “invited clubs”, entering their academy teams. Fifteen of those clubs were to come from the Premier League, with Newcastle United filling the final slot.

But of the original list of clubs invited, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have declined the invitation. Question marks remain over the involvement of Liverpool because of concerns over the availability of Anfield, and Manchester United are also thought to be against taking part.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Bea Nanner posted:

I'm torn on that issue. I would watch the Arsenal academy play in a real tournament whereas otherwise I would pretty much never catch a Paint Trophy game. But if the people who actually care about that trophy don't want it, I think ultimately they should decide. But still, many other 'successful' leagues utilize B teams with little issue, and it is a solid method of developing young talent and getting them competitive football they would not otherwise get. The main issue is that there is no good way to shoehorn in these teams, because it would be at the expense of a poo poo, yet legitimate team. Maybe if they were introduced slowly?

e: have a tournament to be the academy team that gets into the pyramid that year.

e2: and let them be relegated out completely if they suck.

I think this is a different issue, B teams are never going to get any traction in England and neither should they its a dumb idea.

Its more that they went ahead and planned all this apparently without ever actually asking the clubs if they wanted it, and now the 5 clubs with biggest and supposedly best academy squads are rejecting the offer, its a shambles.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Good riddance. The last thing Wenger needs is a French Giggs snaking around.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

black.lion posted:

Any tips for a lonely American to stream the City Bayern friendly with decent quality? I don't know how to get Fox Deportes to stream...

Streams will show up here shortly before kickoff, ustream ones are normally decent quality.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Arsenal will win the Premier League this season I have forseen it

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Who do you think will win the league Hoops bearing in mind that Liverpool is not an acceptable answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Guardiola is already getting his excuses in, he knows his squad is bad and also that he is bad

• Locked thread