Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This is an anime about an Art Club, full of weird members and a girl with a crush on a boy who only likes 2d! Watch it on Crunchyroll!

Mizuki Usami - Has a crush on Uchimaki, powerful with bats, will murder your waifu

Subaru Uchimaki - Only interested in 2d, ultimate goal is to draw the ultimate waifu

President - Only desires to sleep

Colette - An underclassman and an Art Club member who has only been in Japan for 6-7 years. She is easily curious. Actually in the 1st episode. Destined to become a symbol of peace.

Yumeko Tachibana - The new teacher and club supervisor. Lacks a lot of confidence in herself.

Maria Imari - The new transfer student to Uchimaki's class. Is a chuuni with a love of manga and anime.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I like that the one picture I've seen of Maria already makes me think she's a chuuni

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I can't think of a goofy art club anime i haven't liked so this one's an automatic try at least.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

h-hello? Is no one going to address the girl in the locker?

who is she? Why is she there? How long has she been there? Is she still there? Hello, anyone!?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I feel like I should recognize who composed the ED but credits only show Sumire Uesaka singing it, is there anyplace I could go to check that kind of stuff?

also why was hana from hanayamata in the locker someone please tell me

e: Ah, I should have taken a closer look. The composer was Technoboys Fulcraft Green-fund.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 8, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

h-hello? Is no one going to address the girl in the locker?

who is she? Why is she there? How long has she been there? Is she still there? Hello, anyone!?

it was addressed in the op, gee

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Colette is very powerful and I hope she shows up soon.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh hey, Saika from SNAFU cameo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Is the part with the little girl and her sister new? I don't remember it from the manga.

Also, most powerful art club member arrives next episode.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Colette was in this episode as well though, unofficially.

Yeah, I don't remember the girl and her sister either, but they're in the OP, so I assume they're later characters in the manga.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Usami is such an expressive and likable character. Every week I surprise myself by enjoying this show more than I think I do.

At 3 skits(based on other 4koma like SYD and Umaru, I assume each skit is a chapter?) per episode, will the show catch up to/outpace the scanlated comic?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kytrarewn posted:

Usami is such an expressive and likable character. Every week I surprise myself by enjoying this show more than I think I do.

At 3 skits(based on other 4koma like SYD and Umaru, I assume each skit is a chapter?) per episode, will the show catch up to/outpace the scanlated comic?

Honestly I have no idea. It'll cover more than 20 chapters at the very least since Maria showed up around there, and the OP has a lot more characters than I remember.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Allarion posted:

Oh hey, Saika from SNAFU cameo.

drat, good catch!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

Colette was in this episode as well though, unofficially.

Yeah, I don't remember the girl and her sister either, but they're in the OP, so I assume they're later characters in the manga.

I don't remember seeing them later. The little lost girl shows up again though

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Third ep was a lot better than the first two episodes, due in no small part to the abundance of funny Colette/Usami faces.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A cute and fun episode

Allarion fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 23, 2016

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I found it interesting that both this and Momokuri mentioned a particular drink, banana au lait.

It's absolutely coincidental, since the latter finished being webcast 6 months ago, but interesting nonetheless.

Also, it sounds delicious.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I really like the music in this show

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The dove of peace has arrived!

Also bonus gifs from last week I should have made or gotten.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Show remains charming. The layering of misunderstandings in the first segment was Nozaki-level.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I was disappointed that Usami didn't draw a migratory school of apples, but besides that this was a great episode.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Show status: still really funny. Everything about that bookstore scene was brilliant.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

AnacondaHL posted:

Show status: still really funny. Everything about that bookstore scene was brilliant.

*fixed smile*

"Please, just leave..."

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I wonder what, if anything, it indicates that the biggest-named voice actor (Nao Touyama) in the show is playing Imari? It seems like an odd way to budget.

I really like the new character, but I'm hopeful that there aren't any other major characters added. I'm looking forward to seeing the disjointed interactions between our existing cast for another 6 episodes. More stuff like the clay head skit, please.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kytrarewn posted:

I wonder what, if anything, it indicates that the biggest-named voice actor (Nao Touyama) in the show is playing Imari? It seems like an odd way to budget.

I really like the new character, but I'm hopeful that there aren't any other major characters added. I'm looking forward to seeing the disjointed interactions between our existing cast for another 6 episodes. More stuff like the clay head skit, please.

VAs aren't a budget issue, it's more of a scheduling deal with them

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Kytrarewn posted:

The teacher's played by Mizuki Nana, and Collete's Uesaka Sumire who's pretty popular these days.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

That's it for major characters afaict. There's one more secondary character tied to the Prez and the next episode has one of the minor character appearing in full. Otherwise, the main cast has been completed.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Indignant Usami is cute

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Usami's fantasy was great. In a house with apple paintings on every wall, her husband comes home wearing an apple tie.

One of the paintings was a really weird Shokugeki no Soma reference as well:

There were also several times they focused on the fine hand movements of several of the characters, reminiscent of that famous Oregairu Zoku scene, but I don't know if that was the intent.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 19, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I thought the apple painting was just an episode 1 callback

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

I thought the apple painting was just an episode 1 callback

All of the paintings in the fantasy were ones previously in the series. It's not a Souma reference at all.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
AMIGO

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Cute episode

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The gifs have attracted me to this show

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
The ribbon girl is rapidly becoming my favorite character. Every time she pops up is comedy gold.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I know this feel

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That was a nice heartwarming episode. Cool art actually getting done for once.

• Locked thread