Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

kinetic77 posted:

Not trying to be a scoop guy or anything, but I since I worked with Mega Ran I have an almost direct line to Xavier. I had Ran ask specifically what they will do of they try to split them in the draft. The answer is apparently still the same. They will retire in the spot. This supposedly includes E, but I have a hard time believing that.

Now I just want Big E and Xavier to go and be massive nerds in NJPW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Happy 57th birthday to one of the greatest capitalists who has ever lived.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

Happy birthday dad!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kinetic77 posted:

Not trying to be a scoop guy or anything, but I since I worked with Mega Ran I have an almost direct line to Xavier. I had Ran ask specifically what they will do of they try to split them in the draft. The answer is apparently still the same. They will retire in the spot. This supposedly includes E, but I have a hard time believing that.

Knowing the company and remembering they did the exact same thing with JR, if it happens it's going to be on one of the shows live, not done backstage and posted online.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

man, imagine a fat, truck sized roman reigns vs. samoa joe match

Mirror matches are pretty cool, that sounds fun

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

ShakeZula posted:

Dean as US Champ didn't work that well, to the point where they made jokes about how seldom he defended the belt. He held it for a long time but it was never more than a prop he carried to the ring for the Shield 6-man tags, and he lost it in a battle royal on some random Raw.

I'll admit, I never watched anything between 2001 and the Shield, but from what I've heard, wasn't the US title kinda forgotten about at that point anyway? If anything, he elevated it just by having it while being in a popular stable.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Ugh. I bought tickets for Raw in Detroit on Monday in the hopes that the draft was then. It's going to be a bad Raw.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

kinetic77 posted:

Xavier and Kofi I could believe. Big E... not so much.

Then again, maybe he knows just how much they'd gently caress up his push and poo poo, he's not an idiot, he knows just how often a black man gets to be the face of the WWE. He'd have to take about seventeen sledgehammers to the brain to NOT realize there's a huge glass ceiling there regardless of his physique or talent, even though he's one of the most talented guys in the company in AND out of the ring.

I don't know how this will go down, but I can see it all depending on Big E, because I could TOTALLY see Vince considering Xavier and Kofi expendable at this point.

New Day is actually not as good now as they were 8-10 months ago as heels (they're still great), and they only turned face because you could not get a face team cheered against them. Even Enzo & Cass wouldn't have managed that with how over the New Day was, even when they were talking about how much your music and your city sucked. Kofi joked about beating up children and they still couldn't get heel heat.

Where do you go from there? I mean, New Day is still awesome and I DO like the current feud with the Wyatts. It's been one of my favorite parts of Raw lately. But how much more do they have? I'm hoping this feud does something to make me eat my words but I doubt it will. *sigh*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They don't want another Dud Dean Raw performance against Home Run Derby, so the following is Already Advertised:

Vince's return
Vince evaluating Shane and Steph's performance
Dana/Sasha
Rusev/Ryder
Battle royal for IC title shot

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

the logical conclusion to his career is for him to win the loving royal rumble but that will never happen

I've spent YEARS wanting that to finally happen. It won't. And that makes me sad. Kofi has been one of the best attractions for so many rumbles. *sigh*

The worst part is, I still keep thinking "maybe next year"

I'm an idiot.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Owens being a dick:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHqWG-VBtDV

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Owens being the best

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

You could just say "Owens being".

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

everything is perfect

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Knowing the company and remembering they did the exact same thing with JR, if it happens it's going to be on one of the shows live, not done backstage and posted online.

I wonder if they would have the balls to walk out right after (I don't mean live on the air) Would they face legal action if so.
Someone in RR knows this answer right?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gonz posted:

Kevin Nash should play Cable in Deadpool 2.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gonz posted:

My favorite wrestler. The greatest of all time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

sticklefifer posted:

Kevin Nash should play Vince McMahon in WWE Raw.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kinetic77 posted:

I wonder if they would have the balls to walk out right after (I don't mean live on the air) Would they face legal action if so.
Someone in RR knows this answer right?

It hasn't been done so there's no precedent. People have walked out before shows (Austin, Ryback and Punk. lol forever at me being able to list Ryback and Punk back to back like that forever now) but never in the middle of an ongoing show, on-air or not. JR said he considered it after being drafted, just going backstage and not coming back, but that was as close as it's gotten.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
So we will know in less than 30 minutes if Brock is about to be buried, or ascend to his position as God-Emperor of Mankind. (Or at least, one of his primarchs)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

vince is afraid of brock
but is brock afraid of vince???

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
No matter how you look at it Brock just made 2.5 mil and probably doesn't give a gently caress if you die tonight.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Brock is going to lay the smack down

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

sticklefifer posted:

I was thinking he'd make a pretty good Soldier: 76.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Darren Young worked The Miz at the Ricoh show tonight in Toronto and, predictably, he used a more technical style. He's got newish gear and I think his theme song is different too. To me he came off like someone playing the part of a technical wrestler rather than being one, if that makes sense. He didn't use the chicken wing but they did call attention to the technical wrestler aspect, because Miz cut a promo saying he was the best technical wrestler which is when DY came out.

Natalya also worked superface because Canada. Took lots of selfies around the ring and brought in a fan sign, which Charlotte ripped up.

Oh and Survivor Series tix are onsale right now until the 14th (that's when they go on for general public) - Presale code WWEPPV . They're either cheaper than I remember or I haven't been to a PPV in a while. $200 CAD for floors seems low to me but I'm not complaining.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Fenrir posted:

Xavier and Kofi I could believe. Big E... not so much.

Then again, maybe he knows just how much they'd gently caress up his push and poo poo, he's not an idiot, he knows just how often a black man gets to be the face of the WWE. He'd have to take about seventeen sledgehammers to the brain to NOT realize there's a huge glass ceiling there regardless of his physique or talent, even though he's one of the most talented guys in the company in AND out of the ring.
To be fair, Big E has the physique that is liked for any push. I mean Bobby Lashley got pushed to the moon in 2006/7ish because he was the exact body type that Vince loves. Admittedly I don't think Big E is as... triangle(?) as Bobby was during the Battle of the Billionares.

quote:

New Day is actually not as good now as they were 8-10 months ago as heels (they're still great), and they only turned face because you could not get a face team cheered against them. Even Enzo & Cass wouldn't have managed that with how over the New Day was, even when they were talking about how much your music and your city sucked. Kofi joked about beating up children and they still couldn't get heel heat.

Where do you go from there? I mean, New Day is still awesome and I DO like the current feud with the Wyatts. It's been one of my favorite parts of Raw lately. But how much more do they have? I'm hoping this feud does something to make me eat my words but I doubt it will. *sigh*
I think they need to have the belts move honestly. This is more an issue with the Division, but it seems like their belts don't matter because they're just stuck to the New Day for so long. Add to this the fact that the entire Tag division is working as muscle for singles competition, and the New Day aren't even putting the titles on the line with the Wyatts (or are they... I don't think they are) and you've got a recipe for the belts meaning nothing. Not sure what to do with the belts, but I think the New Day need to drop them to make them worth something again.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Brock won his UFC fight, keeping the Roman rub strong like he should.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Vince win s

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Brock managed to beat a Samoan with head strikes, watch out Roman.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
All Hail the God-Emperor of Mankind: BROOOOCK LESNAAAARRRR

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Can't wait for Brock to lose to the Big Dog

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That was a good reminder that Brock is loving terrifying

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Vince is literally strutting around his house right now

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

That was a good reminder that Brock is loving terrifying

There was absolutely no logical reason for Brock to win that fight. Hasn't fought in 4 years, terrible style matchup, but the dude is just a physical freak.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Brock is going to lose to Orton because Vince wants to prove that the WWE if better than the UFC and MMA :lol:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Brock just sat on Mark Hunt for an entire round and punched him in the head over and over

At the start Hunt tried to escape a single-leg and Brock just held on and followed him all the way across the octagon

HE IS loving HORRIFYING

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Can't wait for the real samoan superman to show the world how to beat brock lesnar

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Can't wait for the real samoan superman to show the world how to beat brock lesnar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyAfOELtiIk

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
That is why Dean Ambrose should not have been booked to come anywhere close to beating Brock at Wrestlemania. :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Brock just sat on Mark Hunt for an entire round and punched him in the head over and over

At the start Hunt tried to escape a single-leg and Brock just held on and followed him all the way across the octagon

HE IS loving HORRIFYING

Right towards the end Hunt managed to get back up with Brock holding on and Brock went,"Lol nope" and just hauled him back down to the ground. Hunt had no choice in the matter, Brock had decided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Devil Bird Thing posted:

That is why Dean Ambrose should not have been booked to come anywhere close to beating Brock at Wrestlemania. :colbert:

So when he does it at WM33 to recapture the belt, it'll be all the sweeter.

• Locked thread