Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seriously what is the point of Pokemon GO? It's just walk around town and hope to find pokemon to do what with? Nothing worthwhile. It's a loving trick game to make Nintendo relevant again and to trick the millennials to go outside and walk around and poo poo.

This was a Public Service Message - Stay the gently caress away from Pokemon GO.

Pokemon GO? More like Pokemon Go Away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seriously what is the point of Pokemon GO? It's just walk around town and hope to find pokemon to do what with? Nothing worthwhile. It's a loving trick game to make Nintendo relevant again and to trick the millennials to go outside and walk around and poo poo.

This was a Public Service Message - Stay the gently caress away from Pokemon GO.

millenials are fat as gently caress, so this is a net win

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
suck my penis

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Grimace posted:

millenials are fat as gently caress, so this is a net win

Incorrect, when I go outside, I don't want to see a bunch of fat fucks walking around staring at their phone.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

No....it's so Nintendo can learn the location of all children and stunted manchildren over a given period of time, and then act on that.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
One weird trick. Jigglypuff hates him!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
im gonna be a pokemon master

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

spud posted:

No....it's so Nintendo can learn the location of all children and stunted manchildren over a given period of time, and then act on that.

Hi, I said nothing about Nintendo's intentions for themselves with releasing this game. I said it's a trick to make people go outside.

Of course they are going to use it to push advertising to your face in new and exciting ways.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im going to buy a brand new triumph scrambler and drive around and catch all the pokemom

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just captured a pokemon in my front yard!...

....gently caress its the mail man who is unconscious and bleeding a lot....I am now going to jail.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't understand how they're tricking people considering they advertise outright that you walk around irl to catch the pokemon. There is no trick happening. They are upfront about what the game is about and how to play it and people willingly download and play it. You're a dumbass, op

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i think it's nice

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I knew it!
They'll never make me go outside, even for Porkymans!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CJacobs posted:

I don't understand how they're tricking people considering they advertise outright that you walk around irl to catch the pokemon. There is no trick happening. They are upfront about what the game is about and how to play it and people willingly download and play it. You're a dumbass, op

Are you new to this site or something?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Enfield posted:

im going to buy a brand new triumph scrambler and drive around and catch all the pokemom

Same but an R1 so I do it faster and defeat you, but don't look as cool doing it.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

King of Bees posted:

Same but an R1 so I do it faster and defeat you, but don't look as cool doing it.

youll drive right past all the best pokemon because youll be going too fast

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Seriously, does this explain the people I've recently been seeing, walking around town with their phone in front of their faces?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
as someone who was too old to give a poo poo about pokemon and a certified anime hater i hope the world burns

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

genesplicer posted:

Seriously, does this explain the people I've recently been seeing, walking around town with their phone in front of their faces?

yeah it's pretty funny people are straight up leaving their house walking around just to catch Pokemon

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

SynthOrange posted:

If you're out in the middle of nowhere.

i need to seriously upgrade my capture techniques for the digital age

genesplicer posted:

make this comment a week ago and you would sound like a cranky old geezer!!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

genesplicer posted:

My daughter and I walked around the neighborhood for two hours last night looking for Pokémon. We saw three others doing it as well and one guy on a scooter driving super slow with a phone in his face.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Enfield posted:

youll drive right past all the best pokemon because youll be going too fast

Dammit. There's a flaw in my plan!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I downloaded this and thought it was a cool idea, here's a cute lil game as an extra incentive for me to run outside this summer.

Except I run around countryside roads while pokemons only hang out at walmart apparently so nvm.

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
It's a pretty cool casual game tbh

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
How much like a pokemone game is this pokemon game?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I thought it was a trick so states with castle doctrines could get away with shooting more teenagers.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Elman posted:

Except I run around countryside roads while pokemons only hang out at walmart apparently so nvm.

Are the spawn locations limited? So you're not having these things in the middle of a military base or an airport or something like that?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Thanks for the third thread about this OP.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm sorry, I was being sarcastic in that previous post and that's not very polite of me.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You just want all the pokemans for yourself you prick.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hopefully some of these fat fucks get run over by cars and fall down the sides of steep hills and stuff

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how do you win

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

fits my needs posted:

hopefully some of these fat fucks get run over by cars and fall down the sides of steep hills and stuff

yeah! i hope they all die!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parallax Scroll posted:

how do you win

the real victory is the friendships you make along the way

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mega64 posted:

Thanks for the third thread about this OP.

You're welcome. I knew about both of those threads and I still created this one. So gently caress you.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a friend who lives in Baton Rouge who was driving around with her friend Friday night so they could catch pokemon, she drove the wrong way into a one way entrance at the bus station and freaked the gently caress out of the cop stationed there who proceeded to scream at them both, luckily they were both white girls so they lived

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Good thread op

NOT lol this is like the magicarp of threads goddamn you fuckin blow

a cloth map
Oct 29, 2011

No thanks. I'm a Government man.
I can confirm that there are no Pokemon on military bases. They're not allowed.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

a cloth map posted:

I can confirm that there are no Pokemon on military bases. They're not allowed.

But thats where mewtwo lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I took my dog out for a walk last night and saw a dozen people on the local college campus playing pokemon go, a small child was running around screaming "NEEEEERRRRD!" at them.

genesplicer posted:

Yes.

• Locked thread