Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Rake

Rake wakes up to the sudden humming of the room next door. All this talk about giants was making Rake a little more on-edge than normal. "Hey, Lotsarms! That's your stuff, right?"

Given that the group is trying to beat the Empress to the Island of Giants, trying to stop her from assembling an artifact that would make her able to destroy whole islands. Well, that's what they said it could do when the group was at Junker's Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Rake

"AAaaaaaargh!" I shout and I growl as the alarm goes, running upstairs to see a giant eyeball attached to various long sticky-looking arms. One of them is holding Serena, which is probably bad. Shelly is in the water, which is also bad. Guess that means this is probably a bad thing. I'm gonna need to get my gun ready.

Well, unless I'm not supposed to. "Serena! Are you okay?!" I want to figure this out, and I know better than to shoot if they're talking, especially with the troubles going on.

Look Closely
@Rake you rolled 6, 2+2 for a total of 10.
What is going on here? What do my senses tell me?
Tell me about The Kraken . What are they doing? What will they do next?
Tell me about The Kraken . How could it hurt me? How could it help me?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Rake

Good thing I didn't shoot. That would be weird to try to explain. I jump down from where I had perched myself, looking awkwardly at the others as I slide my cannon back to my back. I open my arms for a moment, then break into the only kind of song I know: A battle stomp! Sure, we did these for not-so-battle reasons as well, but those times aren't so common. "My tribe, we accept all who can keep up with us! Our arms are open but our feet are swift!" I'm pretty sure I'm shouting way too loud, but I want the giant beast to hear me. I drop a few more jumping stomps into the deck, followed by a very intriguing signal chirp. At least I think it's intriguing, I'm not just doing it simple like for a signal.

I wave my hands towards Percy, inviting him to join in as well.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Rake

"Clogging? Like what Serak says happens when mysterious black liquid that I don't know anything about gets in the bilge pump?" I say completely hiding my secret. As they talk about the food situation, I grumble. "Well, what are we going to eat? We're still a while away from where we're going. We're going to need food to survive!"

I grumble again. "But, if everyone else is for it, then I guess we can do it."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Rake

I don't know why Percy is always talking about these wages. He takes them away from me, but I don't remember him actually giving me anything to take away?

Once we're on the island of the giants, I feel like I should warn the others. "Um, we haven't seen any of those.. living rocks, have we? I mean, I assume they look like rocks, so I see -rocks-. But I heard that Giant Island had rocks that move or jump or something. Don't worry, I can fight a rock, but.. You know, just in case you didn't hear about the rock people. They're people who look like rocks."

• Locked thread