Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Are the "Recorded 34nd June Space Date -90something" intros supposed to look so menacing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Welch promises to make Edge Maverick suffer. She can't be all bad.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Logicblade posted:

Outskirt Constitutional
Circumference Yomp?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I don't think the space elfs knew about the bugs? They were just nearby setting up long-range viewing outposts to spy on earth girls and do capitalism even when it makes no sense and sleep in space beds, or something.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
"Here's a ship. Your mission is to go away, and come back to save us from the 666th Guards Heavy Space Elf Armoured Assault Brigade. But mostly just get off this planet."

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Mega64 posted:

A five year old with brain damage seems like an improvement to our current party.

And the ability to summon helldogs.

Planet skyrim owns so far.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

goatface posted:

Do you think the dryad eggs can be made into omelettes?

And are they vegan?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
"Boldly go, find new worlds, new civilisations, and exterminate or enslave them," yes. That does seem to be where this is going.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The translator doesn't do cats because cats aren't stupid enough to put a Babel fish in their ear. They just eat it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

D_W posted:

I'm so glad that Wet Maverick will end up alone.

Sam Raimi will take any good characters away to another game, and drop the other characters off somewhere without him?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Star Ocean 3 caused litrpgs.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
That skip cutscene screen is genius. What the hell is it doing here?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Had this game passed the Bechdel test before that conversation between Welch and Limb, or did it take nine and a half hours just to get that far?
"a FETUS!" yells the fourth-dimensional god-being at the traumatised child

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It's progress quest. Someone figured out how to enable 3D mode.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
robot man has a disturbing face, and is inferior to ziggy from xenosaga. can you please fix this in post.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Space Captain Edge Maverick: Steals from cats.
Banned from three worlds and one moonbase. Where will he ruin next?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It's not that Edge Maverick didn't lock the door, he didn't even close the door. I'm glad he accepts that he may be partly responsible.

In 1950s catgirl america. I didn't see that coming.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Momomo posted:

I've completely forgotten what planet Tungus even was.
WAsnt that from Voyage of the Dawn Treader?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

FillInTheBlank posted:

Tell me about the Purgatorium in SO1.

It's actually just what they called the exit.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The anticlimax where Sarry or whoever just walks off really seems designed to drive it home to Edge Maverick: saving the world doesn't really do anything. Well done. You saved the world. Nothing happened. No-one cares. It's basically like when you blew up earth - you're literally the only person who gives a gently caress. Embrace nihilism. Kill yourself. Kill yourself, Edge Maverick. Or don't. It won't make a difference. Dehumanise yourself and face to Welch.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The phantoms are the ghosts of everyone wet maverick has ever brutally murdered, so mostly people from nazi earth. Some kind of manifestation of his guilt thing.

EN II is clearly a sequel hook and not actually in this game.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Pork Lift posted:

His past might be different, but Backup is DEFINITELY volcel. Wallpaper is incel.
Boob elf is asexual, but not dumb enough to use the term volcel, which Bacchus probably heard on space reddit.

Wallpaper is posting on space reddit right now.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Kavak posted:

Wasn't she married? Or is she just abstaining because of her dead fiance?
I don't know I wasn't paying attention, it's star ocean four.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Xx_Nu-Edge_xX is wonderful.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Do BotW, obviously.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Do both in one thread simultaneously. Or blue dragon.

That hidden gathering point was perfect.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Momomo posted:

I know it wouldn't have made sense, but I am a little disappointed En II isn't full of robot people.

I don't know, I like that Bacchus is just a big ol' weirdo who built himself a ~~full conversion cyborg combat body~~ that he'd probably been dreaming of since his first cyberpunk manga and/or roleplaying game.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I wanted to see lim standing on top of the ship throwing exploding dogs at other spaceships.

But only if it would have made the cutscene shorter.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Can you pickpocket the corpses in this awful place?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
That was bad. Please look after yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Nothing ever truly ends in the infinite internet ocean.

"Faize? What are you doing here?" Edge moved a strand of hair from his eyes, " Is there something you need?"

"I-I need to speak with you." Faize stammered.

"Right now? I...I'm a bit filthy." He stated, his cheeks colored vermilion.

"Please. This is imperative."

"...Come inside the battle dome Faize. I'll lock the door." Edge said as he inputed the necessary codes to change the room to private stargazing mode, beds splaying out into more horizontal positions.

"So...what did you need to speak to me about?"

Faize flustered, words on the tip of his tongue begging to be spoken.

• Locked thread