Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Dave_Indeed posted:

I'm actually obsessed with finding out more about narcan reactions right now.

It sounds like they just get battle rezzed with berserk already cast on them 100% of the time.
EMT here, I've had plenty of patients who didn't go apeshit after we gave them narcan. Most of the time they're kinda scared because they've woken up in the back of an ambulance, and deny having taken anything.

You can make the withdrawal symptoms worse if you give too much too fast. Once we had a heroin addict specifically ask not to be given narcan. My partner told him he'd let him ride his high until they got to the hospital as long as he agreed to stay awake. The guy kept dozing off, so my partner would say "Narcan!", which caused the patient to jolt awake. This happened more than once before we got there. The ER staff gave him a full dose of narcan really quickly, and a minute later he was puking his guts out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
tried sizzirup with some tylenols and the music slowed down and i heard this lyric about taking alice to the riddler even though it wasn't in the song, and i experienced one version of chasing the dragon while trying to go back to how i was feeling because of a thought i couldn't recollect, i also felt as though i was gonna itch out reality. came up with the dj name ichi. one time i kept writing tons of stupid lyrics on my facebook but they didn't look as good when the syrup wore off so i deleted them. these bad dudes that invaded my trap house once sold me hash told me it was heroin lol.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Doppelganger posted:

EMT here, I've had plenty of patients who didn't go apeshit after we gave them narcan. Most of the time they're kinda scared because they've woken up in the back of an ambulance, and deny having taken anything.

You can make the withdrawal symptoms worse if you give too much too fast. Once we had a heroin addict specifically ask not to be given narcan. My partner told him he'd let him ride his high until they got to the hospital as long as he agreed to stay awake. The guy kept dozing off, so my partner would say "Narcan!", which caused the patient to jolt awake. This happened more than once before we got there. The ER staff gave him a full dose of narcan really quickly, and a minute later he was puking his guts out.

lol the narcan trolling game strong

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
opiates make me itch like crazy. The trick is to take enough that you start to nod out and it becomes easier to ignore the itch. After that its just feelin good and falling asleep for a few seconds then waking back up and doing it again all night long until you fall asleep for real

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Doppelganger posted:

That is a hell of an interesting story, thanks for sharing it! I've never taken anything close to a bad dose of oxy, but I did get 3 Darvocet for sucking a guy off and took them all at once. Fell asleep while reaching down to grab something I dropped in the middle of an MST3K episode.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i love this song b/w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXc-DqZp59I

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I heard if you do heroin for too long your poop gets all impacted inside you, and you can either poo poo out a huge rock-turd and rip your rear end in a top hat open, or suck it up and put on some gloves and finger your own b-hole deep enough to poke your rock-poop into smaller sized rock-poops.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This is true, but only if you do an awful lot of opiates, and I mean like an ever-increasing amount of it. If you're on a steady dose of opiates, you'll poop once a week or twice a month.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
a friend of mine recently died from a heroin overdose so yeah I'd say go for it OP

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Deathface posted:

a friend of mine recently died from a heroin overdose so yeah I'd say go for it OP

Ugh. loving sympathies, man.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

logical phalluses posted:

"hey remember how you took a bunch of drugs to make you calm down, but you took too much and were dying? well, we're gonna give you something to stop that first drug, but then since you're freaking out so much we're gonna have to give you some more poo poo to calm down. ok? cool."

Yeah nalaxone is potentially life-saving, but if you're not an addict. Like say an idiot nurse injects you with a lethal dose of fentanyl or hydromorphone for a good reason and they're rushing to reverse their mistake before you experience brain death, you will go through an insane kind of hell. it's anti-heroin because it blocks all the channels those drugs have an affinity for. Like, it stone-walls them, and not even your natural dopamine gets through. It's not a special problem for addicts. There are weaponized/crowd control opioids that have been used to kill chechens/russian theater goers and the ones who survived had the lovely experience of being jabbed with nalaxone and trying to murder the russian swat team that used weapons grade opioids on them.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

hemophilia posted:

Yeah nalaxone is potentially life-saving, but if you're not an addict. Like say an idiot nurse injects you with a lethal dose of fentanyl or hydromorphone for a good reason and they're rushing to reverse their mistake before you experience brain death, you will go through an insane kind of hell. it's anti-heroin because it blocks all the channels those drugs have an affinity for. Like, it stone-walls them, and not even your natural dopamine gets through. It's not a special problem for addicts. There are weaponized/crowd control opioids that have been used to kill chechens/russian theater goers and the ones who survived had the lovely experience of being jabbed with nalaxone and trying to murder the russian swat team that used weapons grade opioids on them.

Russian wars are so much more metal than American wars

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

hemophilia posted:

What the everloving gently caress

MORE ON THIS, PLEASE. Links to wikipedia articles about the incidents, at least.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

opiates make me itch like crazy. The trick is to take enough that you start to nod out and it becomes easier to ignore the itch. After that its just feelin good and falling asleep for a few seconds then waking back up and doing it again all night long until you fall asleep for real

that itch is more than half of the joy of them dude.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Had about a 4 month run on 5mg tictac oxys for a busted up bone thing. Made watching cable kind of endurable.

The scrip has run out but the pain persists. I'm not strung out but some friends w/experience were worried for me. I say fuckit about twice as much would work OK as well and I'd not get hooked.

Fuckin pills were fire I miss em

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

What the everloving gently caress

MORE ON THIS, PLEASE. Links to wikipedia articles about the incidents, at least.

Two things to know off the bat. NOBODY REALLY KNOWS WHAT WAS IN THAT poo poo. The russian govt won't say, but the fact that people were revived with nalaxone says it all. That doesn't necessarily mean it was this particular drug, but due ot the nature of the way people died and the weaponized nature of it, it was probably this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carfentanil

The incident:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i hope to never find out

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

hemophilia posted:

Two things to know off the bat. NOBODY REALLY KNOWS WHAT WAS IN THAT poo poo. The russian govt won't say, but the fact that people were revived with nalaxone says it all. That doesn't necessarily mean it was this particular drug, but due ot the nature of the way people died and the weaponized nature of it, it was probably this:

The incident:

Ahem: HOLY poo poo! THE RUSSKIES KILLED 130 HOSTAGES. All but TWO of the hostages were killed because of the gassing, not the Chechens. Jesus Christ.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
good way to use all those poppies that grow on the wasteland after a war, make more weapons out of it

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I want to know what it's like to take so much Immodium AD for a cheap opioid like high that you literally die because you can't poo poo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jose Oquendo posted:

I want to know what it's like to take so much Immodium AD for a cheap opioid like high that you literally die because you can't poo poo.

I used to take 36 2mg of them at a time, roughly a day apart in doses. It doesn't affect your poop any more than regular opioids do in recreational doses. I used that much for withdrawal control, it was legitimately able to stop withdrawal symptoms flat, and you basically don't have withdrawal symptoms from the Imodium, so you end up covering up your opiate withdrawal and then, when time comes for the Imodium withdrawal, it's non-existent. The pooping situation really is overblown, though. You can go without pooping for a goddamn month and not suffer any from it. I know that from personal experience.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

IDK about immodium but poppy pod dudes in tcc recall some 100% scary bowel movements.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Y'all don't remember the goon whose boyfriend died at the movies because of that? His heart stopped or something.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

hemophilia posted:

The incident:

I read that the Russians pumped in a mist of a fentanyl analogue mixed with DMSO, which allows the narcotic to be absorbed through the skin. I'd guess some of the people in that theater inhaled some of the mixture, too.

The fentanyl makes people fall into a deep sleep, from which they were revived with naloxone.

The ones that didn't die from an overdose, that is. I understand several people didn't wake up.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

btw there is or was an entire culutre of 'decorative poppy enthusiast' bulk sellers, people were buying pods, grinding them up and consuming this poo poo raw, making teas and ingesting large amounts of dried dead plant matter, which our body can famously digest extremely well, plus all of the alkaloids in a poppy, not all of which are well understood, or dangerous/not useful aside from being a precursor to synthetic opioids. They ate this stuff, didn't poop for weeks, shat blood, and their suppliers started closing up and tightening their customer base as their supply limit maxed out/the police became aware of their TOTALLY LEGIT LEGAL BUSINESS/and/or vaguely hidden opium trade, so lots of people experienced withdrawal from not one but several opioids, codiene, morphine, thebaine mostly.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
I've had 3 surgeries in the span of about 6 weeks, and when I was administered anesthesia for the last one, I could feel this warm and tingly sensation running through my veins and by the time it reached my chest area, I felt like time had slowed down and every sound I heard sounded like when you turn a record player off while the needle is still on the record. The last thing I remember was saying 'thissss feels niiiiiiiiiiiissssssss' and waking up at the recovery room.
Two years later and I still wish I had another reason to go under anesthesia just so I could feel that again.

That's my experience with opiates op. I'd say just stick with smoking cannabis hth

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

King Possum III posted:

I read that the Russians pumped in a mist of a fentanyl analogue mixed with DMSO, which allows the narcotic to be absorbed through the skin. I'd guess some of the people in that theater inhaled some of the mixture, too.

The fentanyl makes people fall into a deep sleep, from which they were revived with naloxone.

The ones that didn't die from an overdose, that is. I understand several people didn't wake up.

all of the terrorists, 30 or so plus a few hundred civilians yeah

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
When I woke up after the first time I went under, I was in a white room with hospital beds going as far as the eye could see. I thought I had died and was really mad because I thought this was what I was going to experience as that last fraction of sinapses went out, and that it would feel like it would last forever.
Then as I realized where I was, I started screaming that I had to poop

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
it feels like god is giving you a never-ending backrub so if you like backrubs go for it op

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The first time I blew out my back I was on oxy for about a year while the military tried every sort of wizardry besides surgery to.fix it. After the surgery I came off the oxy pretty quickly and could thank loving god that I could think straight and wasn't in incredible pain.

Now that I've repeated the process two more times in 12years I have a total dread of narcotics but a thankfulness that I seem to not be super susceptible to addiction.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

King of Bees posted:

The first time I blew out my back I was on oxy for about a year while the military tried every sort of wizardry besides surgery to.fix it. After the surgery I came off the oxy pretty quickly and could thank loving god that I could think straight and wasn't in incredible pain.

Now that I've repeated the process two more times in 12years I have a total dread of narcotics but a thankfulness that I seem to not be super susceptible to addiction.

they didn't want to do surgery because back surgery basically almost never works.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Jose Oquendo posted:

Y'all don't remember the goon whose boyfriend died at the movies because of that? His heart stopped or something.
I thought he fell asleep in his car on a hot day and baked to death.

Didn't his wife also get banned for asking advice on the forums for defrauding the life insurance people?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Two rules, man: Stay away from my loving percocets and do you have any loving percocets, man?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how bout a taco

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Rl good. Cept for the itches.

maddison
Nov 25, 2007

What the hell am I doing here?

ahiwattamplifier posted:

I've had 3 surgeries in the span of about 6 weeks, and when I was administered anesthesia for the last one, I could feel this warm and tingly sensation running through my veins and by the time it reached my chest area, I felt like time had slowed down and every sound I heard sounded like when you turn a record player off while the needle is still on the record. The last thing I remember was saying 'thissss feels niiiiiiiiiiiissssssss' and waking up at the recovery room.
Two years later and I still wish I had another reason to go under anesthesia just so I could feel that again.

That's my experience with opiates op. I'd say just stick with smoking cannabis hth

The anesthesia was the best part about undergoing ECT, what a neat feeling.

I'm thankful for having witnessed my mom's drug addiction, makes all those hard drugs scary.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Everything you could possibly want to know and more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2621435

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

Everything you could possibly want to know and more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2621435

Jesus Christ that O.P has some terrible life advice.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
theyre real good op. i went to prison for 3 years for heroin but im not gonna let that change my opinion on em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus. Just buying/carrying? Or were you selling, too? Did they claim you were going to deal because you had all of a week's worth of supply on hand at the time?

• Locked thread