Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Moridin920 posted:

lol I'm right and you have no rebuttal and this is what you fall back to "hur hurr look at this idiot look things up and learn facts!"

jesus loving christ how can you be so proud of your idiocy

This kid pretending to know what facts are makes for some great entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Immortan posted:

This kid pretending to know what facts are makes for some great entertainment.

you're an anti-intellectual shitheel

e: oh and look at your rap sheet filled with racist poo poo why am I even bothering with your dumbass

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

bc Israel is really representative of the average ME country

lol I'm right and you have no rebuttal and this is what you fall back to "hur hurr look at this idiot look things up and learn facts!"

jesus loving christ how can you be so proud of your idiocy

stop posting

Moridin920 posted:

so just contrary to historical citations and real facts you're going to just insist that your word view is correct anyway

you're literally what is wrong with america

you really wish you lived in america and were culturally relevant don't you

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mortimer posted:

you really wish you lived in america and were culturally relevant don't you

what a sad sack insult

I live in California which is the most culturally relevant state in the union fuckboi

Mortimer posted:

stop posting

cuz I'm right and you gots no argument other than childish insults?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

you're an anti-intellectual shitheel

you don't come off as intellectual i hope that isn't what you're going for

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Moridin920 posted:

so just contrary to historical citations and real facts you're going to just insist that your word view is correct anyway

you're literally what is wrong with america

Wikipedia says Muhammad lead a peaceful conquest as well through Mecca and Medina as well, it must be true!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

what a sad sack insult

I live in California which is the most culturally relevant state in the union fuckboi

stop posting

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
all conquests are peaceful

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur posted:

lol using some 12th century fantasyland imaginary bullshit to justify a guy murdering 84 innocent people

Actually its more the late 8th and early 9th century. While the Fatmids are more the late tenth and early 11th century.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

you don't come off as intellectual i hope that isn't what you're going for

im not going for that but I figure if someone says X about history then is shown evidence to the contrary they might not double down on their dumbfuck opinion

if i was going for that i'd bother to punctuate correctly

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

im not going for that but I figure if someone says X about history then is shown evidence to the contrary they might not double down on their dumbfuck opinion

stop posting dummy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol make me

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Boner Slaem posted:

ISIS has one interpretation of Koran but imo it's pretty stupid.

Here is how I, western guy, understand the Koran by actually reading the passages AND the ones around it:

Like, where it says "strike at their necks" (correctly means hit them on the necks) afterwards it says "until they get up from the ground and are very sorry". Not likely this means cutting of heads imo.

For the quotes of fighting against unbelievers, they cut of the part where it says "fight (a military war) ONLY against those who fight (a military war) against you, but do not overdo it" and then twice afterwards "but stop if they do not fight you" and "if they stop, there shall by no violence between you", like, it's right afterwards. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Btw seems only to apply if you are currently in the nation of Muhammed and can fight a military war on their behalf. Doesn't apply often these days I hear.

Or "We shall cast terror...", we is always Allah, not people.

5:33 you gotta have 5:32, which says "you guys are never allowed to kill anyone except murdererers" etc.
5:33 is people who fight against Allah and Muhammed (who is dead btw so no one who is currently of concern) and the cruxifiction part is written not in imperative in Arabic (ie: not something one should do which was forbidden just a one verse before) but actually an allegory on what the Pharao did to the Israelites (the exact words the Pharao uses in the Koran), so it's like a reversal punishment by Allah (not ISIS)

sura 9 relates to idol worshippers during the time of the beginning of the umma (explicitly in the text: those who they made a treaty with, those who wanted to rout "the messenger" out of the city and those who attacked Mohammeds group first), not all the Christians etc. In fact in general, Islam doesn't mean the religion but the belief in god. It even means that people correctly following the Bible and the Tora are doing nothing wrong (they are considered the same religion as Islam) and may even go to heaven as it says in Sura 5 I think.

Very important is also that the Koran says about Mohammed basically "I am a normal dude, I only write down this poo poo" and then "Please delete everything I say except it's the Koran" and then also "the Koran is complete and detailed, please don't user other sources thanks". Which, to my mind, means that all that hearsay stuff they do is bullshit anyway.

All other can be explained the same way.
So since those are the worst things in the book, I gotta say it's not so bad. The bible has probably three times as many gruesome commandmends which is only okay since we came up with the idea of the new covenant (after killing a lot of people).
Entirely possible Muslims will get to this too.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, the majority of Muslim sects are retarded as hell. But it doesn't mean you can't make a perfectly nice and peaceful religion out of Islam. Certainly easier than if you source material is the Torah or you gotta heed the old testament

That bit about being allowed to plow into your niece in a crowd has been poorly interpreted it seems.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Moridin920 posted:

if i was going for that i'd bother to punctuate correctly

Your source says Muhammad was a peaceful guy.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
The reason why progressives bend over backwards in whitewashing the history of Islam is simply in fear of violence reprisals for telling the truth.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

reallivedinosaur posted:

lol using some 12th century fantasyland imaginary bullshit to justify a guy murdering 84 innocent people

lol at using a guy murdering 84 people to justify genocide against muslims

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
"let me, a dumpy white SJW who knows gently caress all, explain my fantasy man interpretation of the kuran that literally no muslim believes in an attempt to make excuses for murderers"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Immortan posted:

Your source says Muhammad was a peaceful guy.

im talking about the Fatimids and my source is a goddamn encylopedia of Islam you moron

Volume 1 of Islamic Shiʾite Encyclopaedia: By Hassan Al-Amin, Ḥasan Amīn
SLIM Press, 1968

e: in before "written by a muslim, doesn't count"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

All right, this is turning pretty lovely so I'm gonna close this down.

• Locked thread