Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Buca di Bepis posted:

way to not use existing threads for rolling terrorist attacks so you could try to get your own piece of gbs fame

i did not know there was a rolling terrorist attack thread because i don't visit here often because you get called out on meaningless bullshit when you do post here

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Aw man France is gonna be so mad.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

brylcreem posted:

Quick, what's the flag for Nice? I need to update my Facebook profile pic.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can muslims please stop killing people thanks

eventually we're gonna get mad over here and bring nuclear fire down on you

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Applewhite posted:

Aw man France is gonna be so mad.
Didn't one of their governmental ministers just come out the other day and say that one more terrorist attack would cause a Civil War?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kumo posted:

i did not know there was a rolling terrorist attack thread because i don't visit here often because you get called out on meaningless bullshit when you do post here

the wheeled nature of the weapon makes the categorization pretty obvious mate

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nice flag.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

came here to post this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

France and Britain making the US look normal this year

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crazy Ted posted:

Didn't one of their governmental ministers just come out the other day and say that one more terrorist attack would cause a Civil War?

An intelligence guy said he was worried a few other terrorist attacks would prod the far right into acting up, which is obviously really bad.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

An intelligence guy said he was worried a few other terrorist attacks would prod the far right into acting up, which is bad

i like it. i guess we will have to disagree. we are the new minority, bitch. get used to it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

sharknado slashfic posted:

Gun control sure does work

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

An intelligence guy said he was worried a few other terrorist attacks would prod the far right into acting up, which is obviously really bad.

i feel like the more terror attacks they do the more likely it is someone like Trump will get elected and the more likely it is that the West will just flatten Raqqa and salt the earth

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

can muslims please stop killing people thanks

eventually we're gonna get mad over here and bring nuclear fire down on you

Seriously like, I'm one of those people who tries to argue that Islam itself doesnt cause violence and that the islamic terrorism we're experiencing is an aberration, but eventually people are gonna stop listening to people like me. I hope for the sake of all the good and peaceful muslims out there that they get their violent bretheren under control pretty soon.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Can we just drop some nukes on the middle east and be done with it? Thanks superman

It'd be nice for once to see a terrorist attack committed by a mormon or something. Or a radical Scientologist

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

ya we certainly wouldnt want anybody to kill french muslims that'd be barbaric

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Seriously like, I'm one of those people who tries to argue that Islam itself doesnt cause violence and that the islamic terrorism we're experiencing is an aberration, but eventually people are gonna stop listening to people like me. I hope for the sake of all the good and peaceful muslims out there that they get their violent bretheren under control pretty soon.

I mean you know I'm the same way but yeah at some point like jesus christ dudes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Full Frexit now.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

i feel like the more terror attacks they do the more likely it is someone like Trump will get elected and the more likely it is that the West will just flatten Raqqa and salt the earth
If I were making an odds table I'd still put Putin down as the favorite.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shaquin posted:

ya we certainly wouldnt want anybody to kill french muslims that'd be barbaric

actually it'd likely be berberic based on demographics

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Shima Honnou posted:

Full Frexit now.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
lol donald trump gonna be president

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Crazy Ted posted:

If I were making an odds table I'd still put Putin down as the favorite.

lol what does putin care unless they start bombing russia

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pathetic little tramp posted:

lol donald trump gonna be president

We don't vote in the us election usually

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
This is fine, there is no clash of cultures, there is no overarcing plot to infiltrate Europe and establish a caliphate, that is not ISIS' stated goal, these sort of attacks won't continue to happen, these are all isolated incidents perpetrated by lone wolf madmen

Everything Is Okay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
kind of amazing how universally ISIS is despised though, at some point someone is going to just say gently caress it and no one else is going to say 'no don't'

we'll just kinda turn around and let that country have at it

like drat Russia, China, and the USA all hate you how the poo poo did you manage that

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Nice massacre, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/753706148960739328

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

ummm.....

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Any sexy french women scared by this event and want some consolation are free to PM me

SirStiansen
Mar 6, 2013

Applewhite posted:

Well, Islam cause violence as we can see in attack after attack. Even tho moderate muslims says that those who are behind these attacks arent muslims and that this doesnt represent islam doesnt make it true. Islam has a big loving problem with itself, and this cannot be ignored as an ostrich putting its head in the sand.

To go all GOT here, the house of islam has a problem within its walls which needs fixing.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

this is making for some very odd hashtaggery

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPljGWGNt4&t=65s

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

SirStiansen posted:

Well, Islam cause violence as we can see in attack after attack. Even tho moderate muslims says that those who are behind these attacks arent muslims and that this doesnt represent islam doesnt make it true. Islam has a big loving problem with itself, and this cannot be ignored as an ostrich putting its head in the sand.

To go all GOT here, the house of islam has a problem within its walls which needs fixing.

Ostriches don't actually put their head in the sand

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Ostriches don't actually put their head in the sand

That's oysters I think

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

This is fine, there is no clash of cultures, there is no overarcing plot to infiltrate Europe and establish a caliphate, that is not ISIS' stated goal, these sort of attacks won't continue to happen, these are all isolated incidents perpetrated by lone wolf madmen

Everything Is Okay
ISIS' goal is to heighten the clash of cultures by inflaming anti-muslim sentiment in france, which has a large muslim population lower down the socio-economic scale than white christian & secular french. this is their stated goal.

so a nationalist backlash is not good. but france is in trouble because ISIS doesn't have majority support among french muslim youth but the actual numbers are disturbingly high. more than one-in-four. this is more than enough for a sustained terrorism campaign in france's cities lasting years.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
After all the poo poo we have seen captured on video over the last year or two, I've become completely desensitized to the gorey videos people are posting on Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SirStiansen posted:

it's more just about the fact that there are complicated geo-politics at play here and really if they were all Buddhists instead of Muslims we'd still probably have just as much terrorism coming from the region

chalking it up to Islam is an easy oversimplification that will help us solve nothing at all

• Locked thread