Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Holy poo poo I was just there. Have they said where in the city it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I just can't really believe this. lovely racist policies against immigration are starting to make sense and wow does that suck.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

kind of amazing how universally ISIS is despised though, at some point someone is going to just say gently caress it and no one else is going to say 'no don't'

we'll just kinda turn around and let that country have at it

like drat Russia, China, and the USA all hate you how the poo poo did you manage that

Saudi arabia and Israel support them so they can do whatever they want

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
the sardinia-piedmont liberation front strikes again

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

nigga crab pollock posted:

its because it is incredibly politically inconvenient to call it islamic extremism when you are allied with islamic extremist governments and also because its just really bad form to boil down a complicated issue like this into a simple statement which makes implications about people unrelated to the entire affair

Yeah but we live in an age where your post was almost too long for me to read.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

when asked about other world leaders Hillary Clinton can be quoted as saying "i highly admire Angela Merkel"

Germany doesn't have a terrorism problem tho

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Apparently the nice part of the city

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
who am i kidding its because muslims cannot denounce the islamic faith, so they cannot speak poorly about other muslims, or about other muslim governments. it's the smoking gun that obama is a muslim and that all european politicians are also muslims in on a conspiracy to convert the world into a global caliphate, a New World Order

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Prorat posted:

Nice subtle "the french wont employ them so its not their fault they commit terror!" comment.
:lol: never said that

All that's meant is that it makes French Muslims more likely to commit terrorist acts.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

its because it is incredibly politically inconvenient to call it islamic extremism when you are allied with islamic extremist governments

A lot of us are aware yet people still want to vote for the politician that had like 25 million donated to her by the worst one of them all. Where is the logic.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

ugh, why is france such a big target? it also weirds me out they didn't attack when the football was going on.

Unlike the US they are utterly awful at integrating their immigrant communities. Not just France, but the whole of Europe.

But good lord has the left been completely tone deaf on this issue. Sure the far right was always going to be a lost cause but at this point the middle is lost too because the only response the left has come up with is "let them all in and you're racist if you disagree". At this point a right wing resurgence is basically inevitable and that's really sad because it could have been avoided.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

hemale in pain posted:

I just can't really believe this. lovely racist policies against immigration are starting to make sense and wow does that suck.

Islam isnt a race so its all good

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Credit NYT

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

Jesus, but King Ferdinand and Isabella had the right of it, but they had the wrong target in the jews.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Ted posted:

All that's meant is that it makes French Muslims more likely to commit terrorist acts.

they tried employing them but apparently earning an honest living is haram.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Crazy Ted posted:

next you'll be saying that black people are more likely to do crimes because they're poor instead of intrinsically evil :rolleyes:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hahaha they struck the French on Englishmen drive? 2 messages for the price of one

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

that's not just any truck

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The best thing is that the West's closest ally in the Middle East remains the one country that spends the most money promoting Fundamentalist Islam.

Emanuel Collective posted:

Nah they just have a covering up mass sexual assault problem.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Takes No Damage posted:

Calling it now hashtag #Nice becomes the spicy new meme this weekend.

#FrenchLivesMatter

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

I didn't know there was a tiny france just off the coast of France

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Ted posted:

Is there stats that these terrorists in the last few years were unemployed? The boston bomber(s) were in college and San Bernawhatever had full time jobs. I don't think its as simple as having a lovely life. Billions of people have lovely lives and they don't cause terrorism..

I wonder what the other factor could be.... it starts with an I....

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Was right there. Crazy.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Was right there. Crazy.

stay safe Seven Hundred Bee ghost

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsica :)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Laughed Out Loud irl

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

yeah that's corsica

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Give it a generation. The first generation is still scared enough of being kicked out to only engage in a bit of sporting rape. The real fun begins once they get comfortable

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

you beat me to the joke :(

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

There is a piece of france just off the coast of canada too

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

African AIDS cum posted:

Islam isnt a race

Tell that to the driver

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi just popping into to ask about the ethnicity name nationality personal history and religious beliefs of the attacker

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
According to CNN the guy shot into the crowd first and then went trucking for 2 km

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Germany had quite a few foiled attempts at terrorism. I think that germany had no terrorist attacks yet is mostly thanks to a top-notch secret service.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

I enjoyed a lovely walk down that very promenade just last fall. Brutal.

African AIDS cum posted:

Islam isnt a race so its all good

Blue Star Error posted:

Tell that to the driver

:boom:

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 15, 2016

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
And the French people will take this with 0 retaliations. Are these really the children of Charles Martel??? Really? If you can't even crack a few skulls stuck in medieval times to preserve your country then you don't deserve it.

And muslim french teens should just move to one of the Islamic paradise states that exist all over the globe if they don't like France. Do they really expect the whole french society to turn islamic?? Wtf

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

There were bombs in the truck :stare:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Blue Star Error posted:

Tell that to the driver

I can dig it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum