Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

My money is on the sans-culottes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

if they were all Buddhists instead of Muslims we'd still probably have just as much terrorism coming from the region

This is not true at all. Christians yes, but Buddhists just set themselves on fire and even then they have massive discussions about whether even that is way too violent

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Robo Reagan posted:

maybe france should let muslim ladies wear their headscarves or whatever muslims are pissed at france about

They probably saw some sweet boobies on the beach and maybe some dudes kissing

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

nigga crab pollock posted:

its because it is incredibly politically inconvenient to call it islamic extremism when you are allied with islamic extremist governments and also because its just really bad form to boil down a complicated issue like this into a simple statement which makes implications about people unrelated to the entire affair

Yeah but we live in an age where your post was almost too long for me to read.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I say we boycott Islam with our wallets and stop buying any Islam themed merchandise until they stop killing people

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Emanuel Collective posted:

The US thinks of France as this far-left country because they didn't join in the Iraq Invasion, they really like to gently caress, and uhh

To be fair a big part of Le Pen's rise has been the fact that France currently has a left wing government that has ran the economy into the ground where entire cities work for the government doing important poo poo like loving and smoking.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Europe is a bit like Steve Jobs when he got cancer where it's suddenly starting to realize you can't beat cancer (or Islamic terrorism) with fruit smoothies and being really really positive and it probably should have started chemo earlier but oh well time to die.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Oscar Wild posted:

Can't we all just get along?

They started it :colbert:

Ish

This time

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Bholder posted:

To argue against it, I will declare that Hitler had the right idea, but he was focusing on the wrong people.

Hitler was the worst thing to happen to Europe because now every time you innocently round people up based on their race people immediately think you're going to gas them.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

D&D posters all have terrible grammar and punctuation.

Sure, so do GBS posters but at least we aren't pretending to be intellectuals.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Prorat posted:

"These people are not Muslim, trust me I would know"

This gives me hope that I can one day be president of Saudi Arabia

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

cock hero flux posted:

won't someone think of the real victims, the leftists who have to go through ever more strenuous mental gymnastics to come up with arguments as to why terrorism has nothing to do with islam

Hey now, not bombing the Middle East and instead controlling your own borders is racist.

The only non-racist option is to bomb the poo poo out of, sorry, liberate the Middle East and then invite them to your country enmass and then look really sad when they drown in the sea.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Just The Facts posted:

I don't understand their goal for this. "After Nice, we've decided to stop all operations in the Middle East"?

They want a big war where Allah comes down and smashes space marine president Trump's skull under his big curly slipper and turns to his people and says 'nice one, you're all free now cover up and don't have any fun or I'll murder you'

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Idiot Kicker posted:

So what happens now? Do I actually have to concede that the Republicans are right? gently caress 2016.

Don't worry, in 2016 republicans are sassy gay people who like Internet memes. So basically they're GBS.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The guardian is still calling it a 'terrorist attack' in quotes. They're still not giving up hope that it was white people.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Bholder posted:

Well it was... unless we have some really strict restriction on who's considered white

I thought the dude was Tunisian, from Africa. I haven't seen a picture though, but by white I meant a white supremacist which are synonyms in the guardian

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

khwarezm posted:

Oh ok, and in GBS sorting out the root cause here has come to mean 'kill the Muzzies, prevent them from entering the west and closely moniter all of 'em'.

You shouldn't use racial slurs even when you're quoting imaginary quotes in your head.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

RaceBannon posted:

being called a racist for having valid concerns about terrorism just doesnt shut people down anymore. shame about that

people have not actually called for Muslims to be killed or deported but I know they're thinking it because I have leftist Jesus empathy because of my superior feelings and humanity

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I think we need some security theatre every time someone steps into a car. Like maybe you should have to take your shoes off and put all liquids in a bag

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Retail Slave posted:

So wait, after Orlando it was totally uncool to blame Muslims for things, but now after this attack it all of a sudden is and we should just go nuts in condemning the rag heads. Got it.

When the Brexit dude killed A MOTHER the left said that 52% of Britain was basically responsible so after that you can blame anything on everyone because why not

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Lol my wife just told me that the truck dude posed as an ice cream seller to get through the blockade and that "he has has ruined it for all the other ice cream sellers."

I propose another minute of silence

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I don't want to ban Muslims or deport them or glass their countries or any of that stupid poo poo. I just want to be able to make fun of Islam in the same way people make fun of Scientology and say that people who are Muslims are dumb because their religion is dumb without ending up getting charged with a hate crime.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

As a grammar nazi I agree with Moridin. Pretty hosed up

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

France must learn to live with terrorists and GBS must learn to live with Moridin. It is the way of life.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

if you can't even make a good argument without first twisting the opposition's words maybe you need to step back and think over your beliefs and views and check them for logical consistency. A good argument doesn't need to first turn the opposition into a strawman or appeal to some kind of emotion.

That's the entire appeal of GBS over D&D, you can get embroiled in an argument and at any time you can leave because you know your opponent is a pseudo intellectual idiot and it was impossible to win anyway so just post.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

This guy used 2km to kill 84 people. If hitler drove a truck to kill 6 million Jews he would need to drive half way to the moon. #intersting #facts

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

FuhrerHat posted:

its true that the general groupthink has shifted very right of where it used to be, but unless you just woke up from a 6 year nap it shouldnt really surprise you, just depress you

I think GBS has stayed where it's always been it's just that both the left and right have shifted massively to the left in the past 10 years or so

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Everyone in this thread is an absolute idiot moron, every last one.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

RaySmuckles posted:

lol.

oh you're protestant? boils children, rapes wife, puts you on the rack, takes your property.

see this goes both ways

Your mom goes both ways

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Bholder posted:

So we concluded that the only true way to stop all terrorism forever is not only deport all muslims, but to nuke their whole countries so they can never bother anyone ever again. The rest should be put to the gas chambers.

You know, what, gently caress the muslims, they are not the problem, everyone from the middle east is a problem! gently caress everyone who has a darker shade of skin that is the only way to tell where they really from, where their loyalties lie.

Not black people though, that would REALLY be racist.

I'm not racist

You seem mentally ill

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I like how leftists are all "Islam is not responsible for one or two Islamists" but apparently all the atheists of GBS are responsible for the sectarian violence of Ireland and basically everything Christians have ever done and every neoliberal war in the past 50 years

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

This thread is now moving so fast it's basically like 20 autists just randomly screaming into a toilet bowl

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

lol no i didn't

you people are incapable of making an argument without just making poo poo up whole cloth about your opposition

If you're so smart why are you in gbs? Answer me that smart man

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

because i have a job that when running smoothly requires little actual work

Pimp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The Bananana posted:

What is France gonna do?