Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Prorat posted:

11 days ago a suicide bomber killed 308 people in Iraq. The media acts like attacks like these are only every once in a while. They are every day.

but its expected in islamic countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

khwarezm posted:

guns. GUNS.

I love that triumphant 'now it's finally happened!' BTW, as if gun control is based off the idea that its literally impossible to kill large numbers of people with anything other than a gun, although people are saying the perp used guns as well.

nice meltdown lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ISIS will destroy the EU within months. referendum's for all

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Prorat posted:

Yes, its literally based off that.

While people in D&D were hoping it was a white person, you were hoping guns were involved. What a crazy mindset you people have.

And people like you immediately set upon this to score retard points in your endless gun wars. Tell me more about mindsets.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

khwarezm posted:

guns. GUNS.

I love that triumphant 'now it's finally happened!' BTW, as if gun control is based off the idea that its literally impossible to kill large numbers of people with anything other than a gun, although people are saying the perp used guns as well.

Whoa yeah we don't want to hurt gun control advocates feelings by pointing out that perhaps the problem is actually murderous lunatics

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The guardian is still calling it a 'terrorist attack' in quotes. They're still not giving up hope that it was white people.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

cock hero flux posted:

oh there are explosions in brussels now also

neat

Source?

Jesus, this, possibly Brussels and the Saudi files on 9/11 being released tomorrow. Not a good day to be a Muslim.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

cock hero flux posted:

oh there are explosions in brussels now also

neat

Wicked!!!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
69 dead in france #nice

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

google it

although apparently this one was just an accident and happened earlier in the day

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

cock hero flux posted:

jesus christ did he loving powerslide through the crowd or what

The Fatwa and the Furious: Nice Drift

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

khwarezm posted:

guns. GUNS.

i'll never understand the lefts obsession with gun control, even in the studies that show it has a significant effect it's a very minor variable in the overall equation. It's an emotional issue that people exploit on both sides, nothing more nothing less.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

the rough estimate of how many Muslims are extremists is 3-4%

lol

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

RobattoJesus posted:

The guardian is still calling it a 'terrorist attack' in quotes. They're still not giving up hope that it was white people.

Well it was... unless we have some really strict restriction on who's considered white

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
please don't be a white truck... please don't be a white truck...

drat it

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

well yeah, im sure its higher in reality. but for the sake of argument i tend to stick with official figures

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

khwarezm posted:

And people like you immediately set upon this to score retard points in your endless gun wars. Tell me more about mindsets.

Lib's and Con's have the same argument. Just replace guns with Muslims or visa versa.

\/ See?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Yudo posted:

Whoa yeah we don't want to hurt gun control advocates feelings by pointing out that perhaps the problem is actually murderous lunatics

Clearly we need to make sure those murderous lunatics can wield as many firearms as possible. Reminder that France's firearm death rate per 100,000 is 2.83 and America's 10.54.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We should all strive to be dullards with no opinions who end up killed by extremists

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

tsa posted:

i'll never understand the lefts obsession with gun control, even in the studies that show it has a significant effect it's a very minor variable in the overall equation. It's an emotional issue that people exploit on both sides, nothing more nothing less.

it's entirely an emotional response because the fact of the matter is that guns are typically more common in rural areas and rural areas typically aren't left wing, so leftists see that people have been killed by a gun and use it as a way to make them feel like they're accomplishing something, because banning guns won't actually affect their lives at all but might make them feel like they've done something

the fact of the matter is that it's extremely easy to kill loads of people with trucks and explosives, and you can't ban trucks or everything that someone can make a bomb out of because they're used all the time by everyone including leftists

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

khwarezm posted:

I didn't even think of gun banning bullshit until someone mentioned it. Why? Because I recognize that guns dont kill people, people kill people.

Imagine going around in a society before gun powder was invited and being anti-sword. You'd sound like an idiot.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Bholder posted:

Well it was... unless we have some really strict restriction on who's considered white

I thought the dude was Tunisian, from Africa. I haven't seen a picture though, but by white I meant a white supremacist which are synonyms in the guardian

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Bholder posted:

It is hilarious that some of you actually think Trump will do ANYTHING if he gets into office.

Making you have an aneurysm or buy guns! and go on another self hating left-wing mass shooting may make voting for Trump worth it.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

khwarezm posted:

guns. GUNS.

Yep, and in a place with very strict gun laws.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

well yeah, im sure its higher in reality. but for the sake of argument i tend to stick with official figures

it depends entirely on what your exact definition of extremist is but leftists seem to be under the impression that every muslim that isn't actively trying to destroy western civilization is an enlightened liberal coming to seek peaceful integration with their culture

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
hmmm intersectional feminism says everyone but anglo saxon males are people of color

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

khwarezm posted:

Clearly we need to make sure those murderous lunatics can wield as many firearms as possible. Reminder that France's firearm death rate per 100,000 is 2.83 and America's 10.54.

it turns out that in order to do a proper analysis you actually have to control for other variables, known as 'lurking variables' in order to actually obtain the true effect and not suffer from what is know as 'simpsons paradox'.

i hope this is of some hth

cock hero flux posted:

it's entirely an emotional response because the fact of the matter is that guns are typically more common in rural areas and rural areas typically aren't left wing, so leftists see that people have been killed by a gun and use it as a way to make them feel like they're accomplishing something, because banning guns won't actually affect their lives at all but might make them feel like they've done something

the fact of the matter is that it's extremely easy to kill loads of people with trucks and explosives, and you can't ban trucks or everything that someone can make a bomb out of because they're used all the time by everyone including leftists

yep, the whole thing is just a in/out group slapfight, it's really sad honestly.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Think Frace will make any changes this time?

At least it gets the Prez's $11,000 haircuts out of the headlines.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol if you think you're above ideological pedantry

Also Belgium blowing up, holy poo poo

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Prorat posted:

I didn't even think of gun banning bullshit until someone mentioned it. Why? Because I recognize that guns dont kill people, people kill people.

Imagine going around in a society before gun powder was invited and being anti-sword. You'd sound like an idiot.

I don't think you know much about societies before gunpowder was invented then, they literally did have laws restricting the open carrying of blades. But continue to wank off about guns no matter how tangential it is to whats going on.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

khwarezm posted:

What is the death rate per 100,000 of people spree squashed by trucks in france vis-a-vis the us?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

khwarezm posted:

All Americans regret you did't catch a bullet in our ultra-violent fascist society. We will try harder next time you play pokeman go.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Prorat posted:

11 days ago a suicide bomber killed 308 people in Iraq. The media acts like attacks like these are only every once in a while. They are every day.

so does 11 days qualify as every day, or every once in a while?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

khwarezm posted:

it's actually really disingenuous to bring up reducing firearm-related deaths as a justification for gun control

yeah no poo poo if you reduce the number of guns the number of people killed by guns will also be reduced

the important thing to check is whether the total number of deaths goes down or if the people who would have been killed by guns are now just killed by something else

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

khwarezm posted:

I don't think you know much about societies before gunpowder was invented then, they literally did have laws restricting the open carrying of blades. But continue to wank off about guns no matter how tangential it is to whats going on.

the guy who purposely steered the thread from a conversation about terrorism in France toward US gun politics talking about what is and is not relevant. great

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

khwarezm posted:

I don't think we should roll the ol' lawbook back a millennia I think things would probably be much worse for us peasants.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

RobattoJesus posted:

I thought the dude was Tunisian, from Africa. I haven't seen a picture though, but by white I meant a white supremacist which are synonyms in the guardian

i think north africans are considered white in the us by everyone except us citizens so if we stretch the definition we can blame white people

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
slavs are not white

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

tsa posted:

is it better or worse that they are refugees or nationals? that they tend to be 'integrated' 2/3 gen immigrants should be scarier than a refugee from syria honestly.

problem with this is social issues disappear as a concern as concerns about the economy/terrorism grow.

This is what worries me the most. Normally, the children of immigrants are better-integrated than their parents, and by the third generation, they're basically indistinguishable. At least, that's been the North American experience. In Europe, the children are if anything more radical, more religious and more distinct. After all, you can choose your immigrants and pick the ones who you feel are best for your country; you can't pick their grandkids fifty years down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

nigga crab pollock posted:

so does 11 days qualify as every day, or every once in a while?

There was also one five days ago and three days ago and two days ago

• Locked thread