Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

OK so this week I've had two different three-cheese pizzas. My main cheese (mozzarella) was on both, but the others were a young romano and an older cheddar that was so not-sharp that I could eat almost an entire slice and not taste it. Anyways, that's besides the point.

My question is, what benefit does the other cheese give to the parmesan? While it was fun to spread myself over two separate cheeses at the same time, the only solid bonus we really got was making the person pay more at the cash register.

Well OK I guess that's a solid advantage, but I'm not sure if having three cheeses is worth the hassle.

Share your thoughts goons. Also try out the three-cheese lifestyle. Any single cheese should not dictate what other cheeses you can taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
pizzas made with an alternative cheese are cool. the other day i made one with pepper jack which i enjoyed. but three cheese just seems like a waste. have you seen that nine cheese pizza that dominos offers? boy i tell you what

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Ellio's makes a five cheese pizza now, it's p good

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, and Fontina according to their website. Love me some of that sweet Ellios :D

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
if your first cheese is mozzarella than your second cheese should be provolone

mozzarella and cheddar don't mix, its one of the other

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The cheese is just there to hold the pepperoni, meatballs, sausage, ground beef, steak, chicken, bacon, lamb, ham, and mushrooms in place. Adding more cheeses is not a meat so is pointless.

spud fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 17, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Luvcow posted:

if your first cheese is mozzarella than your second cheese should be provolone

mozzarella and cheddar don't mix, its one of the other

Please share a cheddar-inclusive cheese mix, oh pizza priest.

(Maybe white cheddar, pepper jack and blue cheese?)

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
cheese on pizza is overrated

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like my pizzas like I like my women, with a dick between their legs

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

von Braun posted:

cheese on pizza is overrated

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Please share a cheddar-inclusive cheese mix, oh pizza priest.

my pizza professors taught me that mozzarella and cheddar use different red sauce. I worked for an italian pizza place and a greek pizza place and they had fierce opinions about mozzarella vs. cheddar

MattD1zzl3 posted:

(Maybe white cheddar, pepper jack and blue cheese?)

sounds good

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I loving hate that one person who always is like "What about just a cheese pizza?" Nobody, including you, likes a cheese pizza rear end in a top hat. You just want to make everyone around you miserable. Why can't they be content to stay home and hate themselves instead of going out and encouraging the rest of the world to hate them too?

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Anthrovore posted:

Mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, and Fontina according to their website. Love me some of that sweet Ellios :D

i miss the old school ellios. they changed something like 20 years ago and its never been the same since. it was right around the time they started putting the pizzas in plastic inside the box

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the swiss army knife of pizzas:

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zzulu posted:

the swiss army knife of pizzas:

From 12 o'clock (Tomatoes)
NO
YES
NO
YES
NO
YES
NO
YES
NO
YES

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

mushrooms are the best pizza topping motherfucker

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this extravagance of cheeses is a tasteless bourgeois affectation, OP

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
this thread is cheesy ;P

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
wtf is a three cheese pizza its quattro or bust

also dont put cheddar on pizza you fuckin animal

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ThaGrandCow posted:

Any single cheese should not dictate what other cheeses you can taste.

idk, blue cheese does not exactly play well with others

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

spud posted:

The cheese is just there to hold the pepperoni, meatballs, sausage, ground beef, steak, chicken, bacon, lamb, ham, and mushrooms in place. Adding more cheeses is not a meat so is pointless.

Where's the pineapple?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ElectricSheep posted:

Where's the pineapple?

Pineapple is not meat.

Mushrooms get to be honorary meat as they compliment it so well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
in sweden they put banana on pizza

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

And they are now being punished for that. You reap what you sow.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
check out this hottie

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jose posted:

Sweden is p cool, I'd live there if I could.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Sweden is p cool, I'd live there if I could.

That's what I've been saying, but in an unironic sense.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

In my experience as a ladies man the answer is, "Oh yeaaaaah." Having Pizza with three fine rear end cheeses at once is more trouble than it's worth, and the satisfaction one gets from having that pizza is not commensurate with the extra effort involved in getting the three cheeses together, seeing if they like eachother, setting the tone, etc. Rather just have pizza with the one cheese especially if me and the cheese are already good together.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
5 cheese pizzas are dairy industry propaganda. It's just so much cheese goddamnit!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Bananana posted:

That's what I've been saying, but in an unironic sense.

I wasn't being ironic, Stockholm is very nice.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i eat only cheese for days at a time so i don't poo poo but a nice one builds up then i sit on the can w the door open and rip it while yelling that i'm tearing down the dyke

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

social vegan posted:

i eat only cheese for days at a time so i don't poo poo but a nice one builds up then i sit on the can w the door open and rip it while yelling that i'm tearing down the dyke

I thought you reminded of someone....

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

spud posted:

I thought you reminded of someone....

i use the cheezits as stamps and am constantly sending correspondence to my dense dense colon

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
anyone who puts cheddar on pizza is a huge moron

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Mozzarella, cheddar, feta, olives and spinach.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

mushrooms are the best pizza topping motherfucker

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Zorodius posted:

anyone who puts cheddar on pizza is a huge moron

you know what gently caress YOU, OKAY?

also gently caress mushrooms, if you find fungus appetizing there is something wrong with you

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Here is a good pizza.

from bottom to top: thin crust, tomato sauce with light pesto on top, chicken, red onion, spinach, mozzarella, bacon, parmesan after it's baked

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Junk posted:

you know what gently caress YOU, OKAY?

also gently caress mushrooms, if you find fungus appetizing there is something wrong with you

i agree with you 100% with one singular exception:

green pepper and mushroom pizza, i dont know why, it just works and is delicious and is the best non meat pizza. I also hate tomatoes but tomato slices on pizza are delicious too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Mozzarella is really all you need, whole milk if you're baller as gently caress. I make my own pizza with skim mozzarella shred from Costco and a large cheese pizza costs about $1.75 in ingredients. Made pesto, salami, mushrooms, bell pepper and red onion last night.

• Locked thread